457 Applicants

C <_< O :cry: O :cry: O :cry: O :cry: O :cry: N :cry: G :cry: R :cry: A :cry: T :cry: U :cry: L :cry: A :cry: T :cry: I :cry: O :cry: N :cry: S ! ! ! ! !

I need tissues and I need a lot right NOW

So glad for you, obviously no news from our side, going to visit my dog tomorrow at Keringa that has been in quarentine for 3 months now. This helps to ease the pain.

Please keep us posted on your emotions through the following couple of hours and days.

Hope you are having a great party tonight :rolleyes:

Rene :thumbdown:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

Aandag almal

Ek is op 'n high op die oomblik. Ons 457 is binne 4 dae goedgekeur. Wow en Jippee en wat de drommel doen ek nou eerste... Laat weet al die mense op die forum daar is hoop.

Ek moet sê Australian Migration Lawyers het die aansoek hanteer en ons werkgewer is Logan City Council en dit help as dinge aan albei kante baie professioneel hanteer word.

Ek bewe soos 'n riet. Mens soek die hele tyd bevestiging en daar is dit nou.

Brisbane hier kom ons. Ons land in Oktober betyds vir die laaste skoolkwartaal.

Groete

Lizél

Geluk man en alle sterkte. Kyk net boontoe en alles sal reg loop. :thumbdown:

Congrats Lizel!! My husband will also be working in Loganholme (not for council though), so I am sure our paths will cross in the near future :thumbdown:

Hi all 457'ers!

I'd like to add our timelines...

• 18 August - Meds arrived in Sydney
  • 20 August - Meds received and finalized!

Thus far I can't really complain - our med's was done in 2 days!!

I tried to log on to see if anything has happened yet today, but seems like immi-site is down :lol: ???

There's one thing I'm VERY worried about: They say they MAY ask you for IELTS... And I don't really have a "Proof of English Language Ability Document", so do you think they'll ask me? Did all of you have one (A doc or IELTS)? Some ex-457'ers said that it's not really needed... And that it depends on what field you're in (I'm in IT)...

I'm just scared that I'll be waiting, and thinking that I don't need it, and loose PRECIOUS time!

I've been doing our application on my own, don't have an agent... So any help would be greatly appreciated... :ilikeit:

Thanks

Suzanne

Edited by SuzanneT

I was not going to look today but obviously I looked, guess what - N N N O O O V V V I I I S S S A A A Y Y Y E E E T T T

We were told to rather do the IELTS, sometimes they ask for it and sometimes they dont. My husband is the main applicant but I did it with him just in case.

Enjoy the weekend people

Rene

Hi,

A member on this forum recently had their Visa rejected because they did not have the IETLS. I was told everyone has to

have one. The rule came into effect 1 Sept 2007. Both my wife and I did ours last year July.

Good luck

Hi all 457'ers!

I'd like to add our timelines...

• 18 August - Meds arrived in Sydney
  • 20 August - Meds received and finalized!

Thus far I can't really complain - our med's was done in 2 days!!

I tried to log on to see if anything has happened yet today, but seems like immi-site is down :huh: ???

There's one thing I'm VERY worried about: They say they MAY ask you for IELTS... And I don't really have a "Proof of English Language Ability Document", so do you think they'll ask me? Did all of you have one (A doc or IELTS)? Some ex-457'ers said that it's not really needed... And that it depends on what field you're in (I'm in IT)...

I'm just scared that I'll be waiting, and thinking that I don't need it, and loose PRECIOUS time!

I've been doing our application on my own, don't have an agent... So any help would be greatly appreciated... :ilikeit:

Thanks

Suzanne

Hi

We found the following on the DIAC website regarding 457 applications:

All primary applicants must meet the English language requirement unless they have been nominated for a position that does not require English language for licensing or registration and any one of the following exempted person categories apply:

their first language is English and they are a passport holder from Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America

their nominated occupation is within the highly skilled major groups 1-3 of the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO), comprising managers, administrators, professionals and associate professionals

they are to be paid at least a salary specified in a legislative instrument (initially a gross base salary of $75 000 excluding all deductions and based on a 38 hour week) and the grant of the visa is in the interests of Australia. This salary is the minimum required to be paid for the duration of the visa.

they have completed at least five years of continuous full time secondary and/or tertiary education at an institution where at least 80 percent of instruction was conducted in English

they hold a Subclass 457–Business (Long Stay) visa that was granted before 1 July 2007 and have applied for a new Subclass 457–Business (Long Stay) visa with a proposed period of stay that would not extend beyond the end date of their current visa.

Hope it helps.

D

Hi dabb,

Yes, that's why I've been under the impression that I don't need it... I fall into ASCO Major Group 2 (2231-17 Applications and Analyst Programmer). The ASCO classifications can be found here: http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/fr...6;File/asco.pdf... And, if I understand it correctly, if you earn a base salary of more than $75 000, you are also exempted??

I'm going to e-mail oor CO on Sunday, to find out if I'm understanding it correctly...

The information of the changes to English Language Proficiency for 457 after July 2007 can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-wor...ges-eng-req.htm.

It would help if anyone can confirm this... Man, times like these I wish we worked through an agent...

Good luck to everyone! The new week is almost here! Strangely enough, the status on my medicals changed from received to finalised today, while they had allready finalised hubby's medicals on the 20th... O wel, as long as there's something happening...

Suzanne

Edited by SuzanneT

Well we added our IELTS cause we already done it for the 176...

Grr this is so frustrating, they are not asking for any additional info, our medicals has been finalised, I do not understand why they haven't touched our app in over a week and a half!

flrabbit,

Wat kan ek se, maandag oggend en nog niks, ons probeer ons bes aan die kant.

Dankie vir n lekker kuier saterdag, ons gemoedere is nou bietjie beter nadat ons met julle gesels het.

Sterkte en kyk maar later deur die dag weer.

Rene

Hi almal

Ons wag ook vir ons 457. Wanneer ek op die website kyk, en ek kliek op die link van die "Entitlement details", se dit net vir my die "service is temprarily unavailable". Ek kry nou al 'n week lank hierdie boodskap. Sukkel julle ander ook daarmee?

Monday and nothing yet, two weeks since our medicals has been finalised, they haven't asked for anything additional???

Olkabolka - I haven't been able to open that link since we lodged...

flrabbit,

Wat kan ek se, maandag oggend en nog niks, ons probeer ons bes aan die kant.

Dankie vir n lekker kuier saterdag, ons gemoedere is nou bietjie beter nadat ons met julle gesels het.

Sterkte en kyk maar later deur die dag weer.

Rene

Yip, dankie vir julle ook. Hou moed mense, hou moed.

To all the rest, hang in there.

Monday and nothing yet, two weeks since our medicals has been finalised, they haven't asked for anything additional???

Thanks San. Our medicals arrived in Sydney 2 weeks ago, and they haven't even acknowledged receiving them. Seriously stressing at the moment!

So, I e-mailed the CO yesterday to find out if the IELTS will be needed for the application... No e-mail this morning, so decided to log on and see if anything has changed on the application... APPLICANT APPROVED, APPLICANT APPROVED!!!!!

WOW! That was extremely fast!

31 July - lodged online application

14 August - X-rays sent off

18 August - X-rays in Sydney

22 August - all meds finalised

25 August - Application approved!!!!

I can do with some sjampagne!

Hang in there everyone!

Suzanne

So, I e-mailed the CO yesterday to find out if the IELTS will be needed for the application... No e-mail this morning, so decided to log on and see if anything has changed on the application... APPLICANT APPROVED, APPLICANT APPROVED!!!!!

Hang in there everyone!

Suzanne

Congrats you lucky fish

Hang in there everyone!

Suzanne

Congrats!!!! That's great news!

C O O O O O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! :o

I am getting very worried, our meds was finalised 21 July and there has been no movement since then.

Enjoy Suzanne, hope you have a smooth ride from here.

Rene