IELTS Test

Hi Almal

Kan iemand my asseblief help?

My man is nie 100% engels nie en hy moet hierdie IELTS toets doen. Kan enige iemand help met raad asseblief vir wat hy moet en nie moet doen nie. Ons is al amper 3 jaar hier in Australia was geborg gewees met die 457 visa en doen nou ons 857 PR visa en glo my die wat hulle sê as jy vir 'n Oz firma vir meer as 2 jaar werk dit tel nie want ons altwee moet die toets doen.

Hy stress baie omdat hy sê wat maak hy as hy dop?

Ons het die boek bestel maar het nog niks ontvang in die pos nie. Ons sit die tweede naweek in Februarie en ons moet Canberra toe gaan vir dit wat omtred 3 ure se ry van waar ons nou bly. :D

Hi,

See some of the notes regarding my IETLS on http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9858.

Hope it helps.

Its not that bad! :lol:

Cheers & Good luck!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryn

• Dreams

• MarcK

• Jordy

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

Has anyone had this experience? Booked and paid for the IELTS on the 21st Jan (Cape Town). I contacted the British Councel today and got a verbal confirmation that my hubby is writing on the 12th April and that they have sent me an email with regards to this. I recieved no such email, I asked the woman if she could resend this email and also took the liberty of faxing the same request. Have still heard nothing.

PANIC STATION, what do I do now?????????

Thanks

Mandy

Hi Everyone

Has anyone had this experience? Booked and paid for the IELTS ........

Hi,

I can't remember all the details, but just that it was an absolute pain to get into communication with the BC. We phoned sometimes up to 20 times very early in the mornings for 5 days in a row...

And when you spoke to some-one there was NO COMMITMENT about any request, etc.

We flew from JHB to ©ape Town specifically for the IELTS and had to ensure the R7000 weekend included our oral. We only got confirmation a week or 2 before the actual test date, so hang in there. In the end is does seem that they try to accommodate everyone, but it is a huge task.

Yet, better safe than sorry - so keep asking, but I'm sure you will be helped. :ilikeit:

Best of luck!

Hi Mandy

I paid for my IELTS on the 15th of January and only received confirmation on 1 February 2008 (via email). When I did come through on the telephone they told me that there was a backlog on confirmations and it wil take about three weeks.

Hope it will help. :ilikeit:

I booked our tests this morning… it seems like the dates are filling up very fast; the first available date was in June…

Hi

I need to find out urgently if my mom (an aged dependent) needs to write the IELTS…. She is retired and not planning to work…

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Chazon

An agent told me today that mom do not need to write IELTS - she is a dependent, not second applicant. But make sure about the fact

An agent told me today that mom do not need to write IELTS - she is a dependent, not second applicant. But make sure about the fact

Only primary applicant has to write the test, but your mom still has to pas her medical.

Hi

WOW, Talk about being caught off guard…. :)

Last week the earliest date we could get was in June, so we paid the fees and send the fax… Just got a email informing me that we are writing 8 March… Ouch

Any recommendations on a study guide? Looked on http://www.kalahari.net only 120 to choose from…

Where do you start?

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Hi

Last week the earliest date we could get was in June, so we paid the fees and send the fax… Just got a email informing me that we are writing 8 March… Ouch

Any recommendations on a study guide? Looked on http://www.kalahari.net only 120 to choose from…

Where do you start?

Thanks!

Chazon,

I highly recommend an e-book, called Ace The IELTS (for the General Module). It will cost you about US$20, but well worth it. If you're writing the Academic test, then you should rather buy Target Band 7.

Hi

Where do you start?

Thanks!

No need buy any material, go to this web site http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/IELTS/ for free examples and advice.

I also got another link where I downloaded two full tests (including actual listening material and answers).

I'll paste the link later tonite, once I get home..

Here we go, http://artefact.lib.ru/languages/eng_textbooks_ielts.shtml (courtesy of one of the forumites), download test 4 and 5 as they are 2006 editions and are quite accurate in terms of test content and format. You'll also need program called WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/) to unzip and set up files.

Good luck.

Edited by benp

Hi

Thank you, SO much!!!!

The letter caught me off guard… I’m slightly nervous at this stage… OK heading for a full panic… tomorrow I’ll start studying…

Hello,

I am a new member and need to ask a question. I want to immigrate to Australia, but have not yet got any job offers. Is it advisable to do the english test prior to progressing with any applications and if so how long is the test valid for?

Just to say, this site is wonderful and I have been reading so much and it is pleasing to see how everyone helps each other. Great Job.

Ryan

Hello,

I am a new member and need to ask a question. I want to immigrate to Australia, but have not yet got any job offers. Is it advisable to do the english test prior to progressing with any applications and if so how long is the test valid for?

Just to say, this site is wonderful and I have been reading so much and it is pleasing to see how everyone helps each other. Great Job.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

If you're planning on going the 175 / 176 visa route, then it is most definitely advisable to do the IELTS test first. From what I've heard, the earliest bookings available in RSA are for end of July. You'd be wise to make that booking soon.

Best of luck!

Hi Ryan,

If you're planning on going the 175 / 176 visa route, then it is most definitely advisable to do the IELTS test first. From what I've heard, the earliest bookings available in RSA are for end of July. You'd be wise to make that booking soon.

Best of luck!

Hi there,

Thanks for responding, I will more than likely apply for a 457 Tem sponsorship. Will my wife have to complete the test aswell if I am the primary applicant

Hi

Thank you all for you help. Just wanted to let you know that we have done our test on the 16 February 2008 and now we are waiting :blush:

Hi,

I need guidance regarding the english test. Is it compulsory to take the test (depending on the Visa) and if so, will my wife have to complete the test as well.

Many thanks

Cheers

Hi,

I need guidance regarding the english test. Is it compulsory to take the test (depending on the Visa) and if so, will my wife have to complete the test as well.

Many thanks

Cheers

Hi Ryan

It all depends what visa you're applying for. We're applying for PR, so we're both doing the test. Sometimes the wives don't have to do the test, but you pay a second installment for that, which is more than the test.

I suggest visiting the immi site here and checking the requirements for the visa you want to apply for.

Good luck!

Hi

Thank you all for you help. Just wanted to let you know that we have done our test on the 16 February 2008 and now we are waiting :lol:

How was the tests and how would you rate the difficulty?

I paid the BC on 26 Jan and applied for IELTS. After 2 emails and a fax, got an email from then today, a month later:

"I am writing to confirm that you have been registered for the IELTS examination taking place on the 30th August 2008 in Johannesburg."

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaa!!!! :angry::thumbdown::censored::cry:

Are they kidding me????

Geez Godan that is really unacceptable. Surely they have to schedule more dates. Can you not do the Botswana or Moz tests?