IELTS Test

Hi I have a question....

Can we use ID books as suitable form of ID or do we need our passports????

Thanks

Marc

Hi Marc

We wrote in Durban in Aug and only took our ID books - bo problem at all! Either or.

Good luck!! :unsure:

Edited by Battiss

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryn

• Dreams

• MarcK

• Jordy

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dawid, congratulations with the IELTS. Thank you Dawid.

We wrote 11 Oct and did the speaking 16 Oct and received the registered letter today.

Another step closer.

Regards

Hey

Wrote IELTS on the 8th November in Durban. I found it quite easy especially since I only speak English. About 100 people there. We started around 09h45 and out at 12h45. Results will take 13 working days!!!!!!!!!!!

Eva --- no --- did the speak last night (the 7th) --- easy but I had to talk about animals!!!! What emotions I felt when I saw the animal etc...

But all done!!!!

Hiers 'n antwoord vir al die afrikaanse outjies wat nog moet IELTS doen: Die luisterdeel is werklik maklik, hier en daar 'n moeilike spelwoord, maar blykbaar trek hulle nie 'n punt af vir elke spelfout nie (hopelik).

Die readingdeel was redelik, gelukkig het jy genoeg tyd. Dit help as jy eers die vrae lees en moontlike antwoorde onderstreep terwyl jy die leesstuk lees.

Waar die mense die onderwerpe vir die writing en speaking kry, weet nugter alleen. Ek moes oor polisie en museums praat. Ook 1-2 minute oor "'n Wet" Al een waaraan ek kon dink was dat lyfstraf verbode is in skole. My arme man het 'n bubble gehap oor partytjies en sukses...

Hou duim vas: ons hoor ons lot oor 2 weke.

Aan alle affies: julle sal survive!!!!

Ek het vandag in Kaapstad geskryf en alles was redelik maklik. Stem saam dat die praat deel die simpelste is!!! Hul het die simpelste onderwerpe - ek moes oor 'n groot organisasie praat en of ek dink dit is lekker om daar te werk... Maar nou ja, wat mens nie alles sal doen om in Aus te kan land nie!!!! Daar was ongeveer 150 mense wat vandag geskryf het en dit was vir my interessant dat sowat 50% van die mense jong mense was (onder 40)(LOL), ek sou dink dat die meeste mense wat wil emigreer, die mense is wat kinders het en 'n beter toekoms soek!!! Ook was sowat 20% van die persone diegene wat die "Academic" toets geskryf het, wat mens nogal laat dink aan die "brain drain" vanuit SA!!!

Sterkte aan almal wat nog moet skryf - is nie so erg nie - net nogal lank!!

Bienkie

Hallo almal!

Ek het ook gister (Saterdag, 8 Nov) in Jhb geskryf en my mondeling gedoen. Dit is toe soos almal gesê het - nie te bad nie.. Die skryf gedeeltes was vir my makliker as wat ek gedink het. Ek het nogal gestres daaroor. Met die luister het ek bietjie gesukkel en die klank was nie te goed nie.

Ek moes skryf oor 'boring tv shows' en 'people becoming less polite'. Die praat was easy - die beste kok, ma natuurlik! Selfs my vrou stem saam!

Dit was ongelooflik om te sien hoeveel mense daar was - 483! Ek skat die meeste tussen 25 & 40.

En nou die lang wag...

Groete

P

Hi guys,

Don't forget to post your IELTS dates on the timeline website (preapplication section) so that everyone can see just how long it is taking for the results to come back. timeline . I see some people are getting theirs very quickly indeed.

Good luck to everyone writing!

S

• 3 weeks later...

Got IELTS back today.......... 8.5 !!! Yay!

Now I can send my visa application off....

Ta Eva ------- the patience!! I collected form the post office this morning and managed to restrain myself from opening them there and then.....

Making myself practice for the long long wait for the actual visa!!!

Ta Eva ------- the patience!! I collected form the post office this morning and managed to restrain myself from opening them there and then.....

Making myself practice for the long long wait for the actual visa!!!

Good idea, the waiting gets a bit much!!

That's an great score Jumbojet!!! you should be proud of yourself for that score in a stressed situation!!!!

Did anyone else, writing in Jhb on 8 Nov, got their results yet? Since Monday I'm at the post office every day, but still nothing!

P

Thanks guys!!! Don't think brains had anything to do with it...just my ability to speak English!

By the way, now that I have the results, I have IELTS manual and CDto pass on if anyone in Durban is interested...... PM me and we can arrange collection....

Joanna - thanks for the compliment but I think you have me confused with someone else......

Edited by Jumbojet

Hi all,

Got my results on Thursday! Finally! And I made it!

Good luck to those that must still do the test, it's really not that bad.

Philipp

• 1 month later...

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...just got our results.

Natalie got an 8.5 on the Academic and I got an 8.5 on the pleb exam :ilikeit:

Another one down :ph34r:

Wow!! 8.5 is a fantastic result, congrats!!!! maybe you should change your user name to "the pleb family" :ilikeit:

Wow!! 8.5 is a fantastic result, congrats!!!! maybe you should change your user name to "the pleb family" :ph34r:

Thanks :unsure: It's a family joke as my wife insists she's the more brainy one in our little herd :unsure: as I wrote the pleb (general) exam...little does she know I didn't want to show her up :ilikeit:

That's a loving husband!! so nice of you to deliberately get a few wrong for her!! :ilikeit: