IELTS Test

I agree with Jordy!

A colleague of mine booked last week for Botswana and received confirmation for May. Phone and ask if they have place available, according to her they are very helpful, unlike our BC.

Good luck!

Sonja

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryn

• Dreams

• MarcK

• Jordy

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I will phone them. Moz and Bots seems so far from Pretoria - for me as a woman driving alone anyway

My sister's hubby had a bit of an experience, have a look at " To IELTS or not to IELTS in Mozambique".

This was on the 16 Feb he will now be rewriting in JHB on the 8 March!!!! I would contact them an throw my toys!!!!! They just HAVE to let you write sooner!!

The squeeky door gets the oil!!!

Good luck!!

Hi Cindylou, would you mind forwarding the specimen material to me, as I will need to strat prepping for this...

Cheers ...Barry

Hi

I've copied the following from the immi website English language

If you read further you'll also note that any other family members over the age of eighteen should write the test

The second instalment is currently AUD 2 765

If anyone (still in SA) is planing on taking the test in the near future I have a copy of the specimen material which I will gladly give to you, on the understanding that you'll pass it on to the next "wannabe" in need. We found it helpful, particularly as it gave us an idea of what to expect, the format of the test etc.

You can also look at this link for a sample of the different tests.

Cindylou

Hi Godan,

Ek gaan saam met jou speelgoed gooi! Dis vir my absoluut onaanvaarbaar dat die eerste beskikbare datum in SA in Augustus is. Ek het nou begin kyk na vliegtuig kaartjies na Mosambiek, Namibie, Botswane en Zambia, maar dis vrek duur. Gaan minstens R2000 pp uitwerk, en dit net om daar te kom!!

PM my asb. as jy iets uitgevind het, ek doen dieselfde met jou,

Groete, Adele.

Hallo almal,

Kan iemand dalk help. Ons is besig met 'n Subclass 120 visa. Ek het 'n werksaanbod van die Western Australian Police, en ons kry permanent residency met die uitreiking van ons visa.

Ek en my vrou het albei kwalifikasies. Myne is totaal in Engals voltooi, en hare gedeeltelik ( meeste van haar klasse en eksamens was in Engels, die res in Afrikaans). Sover ek verstaan, kan ek bewyse aahneg dat my kwalifikasie in Engels voltooi is, dan hoef ek nie die IELTS te doen nie, maar ek dink my vrou s'n gaan miskien 'n probleem wees.

Ons hoef nie die toets af te le voor jy aansoek doen vir die visa nie, of hoe? Kn jy die toets in OZ ook doen?

Groete

StevenP

Hi

I want to know if both my husband and me need to do the IELTS test. He's talking mainly English at work - does he still need to take the test?

Hi Rve

Need a bit more infor in order to answer the question

1. Is he the primary applicant

2. what visa are you targeting, &

3. what is his level of graduate qualification (where instruction was in english)

For the 175, yes to both

457 - depends

Jan

Hi Jan

He has a BComm Degree which he obtained at Potchefstroom University (Afrikaans University). We're thinking of applying on my name. We want to apply for a 175 PR.

Thanks

Rve

Hi Adele

Ek het eers my aansoek ge-epos en toe later ge-faks. BC het my verlede werk gebel en vir my id/paspoort fotostaat gevra. Dus dink ek die fakse word vinniger verwerk as epos, want my id was nie saam ge-epos nie. Sy was skoon verbaas toe sy hoor ek het reeds 'n toets datum gekry (per epos) Dus is hulle stelsel up to .. Ek het haar ook gevra of ek nie 'n vroeër datum kan kry nie en al wat sy kon sê is dat hulle vol is.

Kan die Forum nie kontak maak met hulle base nie en vir hulle vertel hoe swak hulle diens is nie en dat hulle iets daaraan moet doen nie? Hier is vreeslik baie klagtes oor die Jhb tak.

Thanks, I will phone them. Moz and Bots seems so far from Pretoria - for me as a woman driving alone anyway

Hi Godan,

Gaborone is not that far - 3 and a half hours including clearing customs and immigration.

The exam venue is really easy to find and is right next to the Mondior Summit Hotel, very convenient. Just don't go around alone at night and you will be fine.

If you want contact details for bookings just PM me. Glad to help. :ilikeit:

zorba

I have just (this past week) booked for four of us to write in Cape Town. Get on the phone to the BC and ask which exam sites have vacancies!!

Thanks Zorba, will keep it in mind. I have already paid for Jhb, not sure if i can transfer it to Gaborone. Will change as soon as my desperate levels rise

Thanks Zorba, will keep it in mind. I have already paid for Jhb, not sure if i can transfer it to Gaborone. Will change as soon as my desperate levels rise

Hey Gordon

Not too much of an issue to get your exam transferred... they give you a form to fill in to request your refund... and you go ahead and book your new exam where ever you wish

• 2 weeks later...

For interest sake.. Don't think because you speak english and have a UK passport that you don't need to do the IELTS.

Both my wife and I have UK passport, but because we were born in SA and ZIM, we have been told we need to do the test. Apparently not even UK citizens can speak english anymore!!

Ian

Hi all

My husband and I just started our immigration process. We appointed an angent, and now we have to write the IELTS test. The only available dates in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town is end of August 2008. We cannot wait for that long, so we are writing the test on 10 May in Botswana. We paid and applied, so now waiting for confirmation. Did phone them after faxing everything, and they said it wasn't full yet, we would write on 10 May 2008. Just hope it's true. I'm stressing a bit, hope everything goes well!!

I've just checked the next available dates on the British Council website... 6 September in Cape Town!

Now to try and convince my other half of the urgency to book... he doesn't realise how long all this is going to take, as I'm the one doing all the reading and researching.

L

I have also applied for writing this test in Botswana on 10 May 2008

I/ve been to Gabarone before and from Jhb it is 3.5 hours drive.

Anyone interested - I have 3 places left in the car ... lekker saamryklub ;-)

Have just booked for IELTs for 6 September.... this is the first time that it feels completely real to me. Money paid and all... no turning back.

Nervous but excited!

And would you believe - the British Council is actually 2 floors down from me - the same building where they mark them!!!!!!!! What a luck. I already went and introduced myself to them yesterday - can't do any harm to turn on the charm!

Now the rest...

Leigh

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I've seen the question a few times, but could not find the answer - maybe I've missed it - please help:

HOW LONG IS THE IELTS VALID FOR?

Thanks

Liggie

Hi CindyLou if your offer is still available I really would appreciate a copy of the specimen material. We are in the process of our migration. I am currently completeing my RPL's for the ACS but would like to book the IELTS exam as soon as possible..

Cheers ... Bazza

Hi

I've copied the following from the immi website English language

If you read further you'll also note that any other family members over the age of eighteen should write the test

The second instalment is currently AUD 2 765

If anyone (still in SA) is planing on taking the test in the near future I have a copy of the specimen material which I will gladly give to you, on the understanding that you'll pass it on to the next "wannabe" in need. We found it helpful, particularly as it gave us an idea of what to expect, the format of the test etc. [ post edit 29/2/08 To all those who have sent me mails recently requesting the pack, please note that I sent it out two years ago, and have lost track of who has it now. ]

You can also look at this link for a sample of the different tests.

Cindylou