Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Ashmount Congrats Roomie!!! Shuffle... shuffle. @Dirkz:lol: Come one buddy, your turn next.

Ta da!! It gives me great pleasure to update our SECOND granted. Yay!!

Name Date Lodged Meds and forms req Medicals done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted?
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017

Colgill 1 Oct 2014                
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 16 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2nd Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017        
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                
gsb733 Nov 2015                
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                
PatPar Nov 2016                
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                

9 March 2017 Immi processing 22 Sept 2014.                  
1 May2017 Immi processing 3 Oct 2014     23 days -11 days processed            
29 May immi processing 13 Oct 2014     29 days _10 days processed.            
20 Jun2017 DIBP processing 13 October 2014.                  
3 Jul 2017 DIBP processing 13 October 2014                  
  • Like 1

Name Date Lodged Meds and forms req Medicals done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted?
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017

Colgill 1 Oct 2014                
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 16 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2nd Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017        
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                
gsb733 Nov 2015                
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                
PatPar Nov 2016                
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                

• Like 2

@Robyn2259 Welcome to our waiting room where you will be well trained in the game of Patience and Pain. :lol: Excitement and agony. 

Added you. Enjoy your stay with us.Have a glass of bubbly with us on @Ashmount's "Granted".

• Like 1

@Ashmount heartiest congratulations!! You must be over the moon with excitement and happiness.  God speed on your travels across the pond and blissfully  settling down in your new country.   Cheers .... :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Congratulations Ashmount, well done - hope the next steps go smoothly and speedily. Happy and safe travels. Enjoy your new life in OZ 

• Like 2

Thank you all for your kind wishes.  Exciting times and looking forward to being in Oz.

Good luck to all in the "waiting room" you will all be with your loved one very soon.

• Like 2

Congrats Ashmount !!

At last the waiting is over. Blessings for the move and settlement down under. Wishing you only the best!

When do you plan to leave? and which company are you using for your container?

• Like 2

Hi all,

Wow I have been living in a bubble.  We were hoping that my parents visa that was lodged on the 9th October 2015 would start seeing some activity soon, but the looks of Elna's spreadsheet (thanks Elna) we are still a long way off getting any sort of feedback :( 

By the way, congrats Ashmount

Edited by Tazzy
  • Like 2

@Dirkz Thanks for the kind wishes.  We plan to leave early September 2017 and are using Stutterfords Van Lines.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tazzy said:

Hi all,

Wow I have been living in a bubble.  We were hoping that my parents visa that was lodged on the 9th October 2015 would start seeing some activity soon, but the looks of Elna's spreadsheet (thanks Elna) we are still a long way off getting any sort of feedback :( 

By the way, congrats Ashmount

Hi Tazzy.Yes Elna"s log is pretty telling. I have also been logging frequently since my Lodgment date of 20 April 2015.

PVC took approx. 2.5 months to progress 1 month of applications.

If we assume that PVC can process at the same speed as they did over the last year,and that the allocation remains at approx. 7200 pa.

then it follows that ,since they  are exactly one year away from your file in the "stack",you should hear from PVC around Two and a half years from now : i.e.  Nov 2019

On the same basis My file with lodgment date : 20 April 2015 is 6 months away from the Files that they are working on now i.e13 Oct 2014.

So  2.5 x 6 months= 15 months = Sept 2018.

• Like 2

@DGT this is so disheartening. I lodged 24 Jun 2015! Another 20 mnths for me according to your calculations = Feb 2019 ??  Oh noooo :cry:  happy dance has up and left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthemove said:

@DGT this is so disheartening. I lodged 24 Jun 2015! Another 20 mnths for me according to your calculations = Feb 2019 ??  Oh noooo :cry:  happy dance has up and left

Yes,at one stage. before I had enough data to do the math,I was hoping to hear from PVC in April 2017!!

I nearly sold my home and holiday home,I stopped planning travels etc.etc. Now I am much more relaxed. I know I can visit my Children in Oz more often and carry on with my life until approx.mid 2018 . Obviously I shall keep close track on the PVC trend and adapt accordingly. I will however not allow myself to become despondent. We are approaching 70 and have lot of living to do.!

• Like 1

@Onthemove Hey Roomie. We have come this far, we have to stay positive and wait patiently for our turn. I know it is really hard but we should consider ourselves lucky that we are in the queue already and I am positive that once the line starts moving again, it will move pretty fast. Cross fingers and keep your chin up buddy. We are almost there. Just this last little hiccup and off we shall go. 

• Like 2

@Ashmount. Am I correct assuming that you and Colgill go together? Then I can remove Colgill from the waiting list. Thanks.

@Elna57   hey there roomie, appreciate your moral support tremendously :rolleyes:  I tend to be pragmatic, just ever so often, I get disheartened at the long wait.  You are totally right, of course - we will get there in the end (may it come along fast). 

@DGT  hang in there, and in the meantime, do all the living you can and enjoy it!

• Like 1

Thanks Onthemove.Thanks to WhatsApp and FaceTime we can speak to our grandchildren very frequently. In the meantime we can only pray that we stay healthy at least until we do our medicals!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, Onthemove said:

@Marchhawker   I too have the same number, though not on the Letter of Acknowledgement itself, but on the covering letter from the Parent Visa Centre (it appears to refer to the staff member's position(staff) number, rather than our own position in the queue.  Though, I stand to be corrected  :)

Regards,

Blake

Position Number:  3473

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

oh yeah! must of been wishful thinking!! 

• Like 1

@Elna57 Ashmount and Colgill the same one.  Unfortunately due to a lapse of memory forgot password for Colgill :wacko: You may remove Colgill, thank you, I was a bit embarrassed about forgetting the password!!

• Like 1

Hi roomies,  

On closer inspection today I see we have actually applied for a  Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary 173) and the waiting time is listed as 41 to 45 months :(.  Would it be possible to swop to the Contributory Parent 143 visa without having to withdraw the application and therefore lose our place in the queue? 

Thanks,

Tarryn

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎17 at 11:23 AM, Tazzy said:

Hi roomies,  

On closer inspection today I see we have actually applied for a  Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary 173) and the waiting time is listed as 41 to 45 months :(.  Would it be possible to swop to the Contributory Parent 143 visa without having to withdraw the application and therefore lose our place in the queue? 

Thanks,

Tarryn

Hi Tarryn

You can but you forego your application fee and then you will follow the new 143 visa queue, so it may not make a difference. I also  thought about switching from the 143 to the 864 and was advised to remain in the 143 queue. The way I see clear is, that one apply for a 3year tourist visa with a 12 months stay , return for 6 months and go back again for another 12 months or wait till the 3 / 5 year ( restricted ) parents visa comes into action during sometimes this year at a cost of AUD5000 for 3 years and AUD10000 for 5 years,  renewable only once thereafter - with zero benefits and a compulsory comprehensive OZ Med Aid - not allowed to work and other stipulations.. I suggest that you speak to an immigration consultant and check on the 884 / 864 visa method of being in OZ while the Contributory Parent visa application is being processed. Check about how one can be in OZ without having an exclusion clause to apply for another visa type. Get good professional advise.

Take care and good wishes

• Like 2

• Mara pinned this topic