Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Good day Roomies,

Just to let you know our agent informed us this morning that we had been assigned a Case Officer. :D

We have been requested to update our Form 80 which we lodged in 2014 and scan through and then hopefully will be requested to make payment. 

Edited by Ashmount
  • Like 1

Wow, great and exciting news there Ashmount!!!

A suggestion, use your original form as a reference when filling in the new one so you can only update the information that has changed.

Good luck and let us know when you finally get your visa.

• Like 2

Good news Ashmount.Well done.

I did not submit Form 80.

Dirkz and JaneandGraham, did you submit Form 80?

• Like 2

@Ashmount. Fantastic news!! So happy for you.! Re Form 80... we thought of replacing only the pages that seemed to have changed since we first couriered the same to our son, only to notice that the question numbers and page numbers have changed and that the publishing dates of the forms also differ from the previous ones. We did a lot of copying and pasting but eventually  completed the whole form again. Lets hope we wont have to do the same again.  :D 

Still raining on and off on Brisbane and a bit on the cool side but still not too unpleasant. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DGT said:

I did not do the From 80 when we applied in Nov 2014. It was not compulsory. I decided to wait until they asked for it.

Since then it seems most have filled in and submitted Form 80 with their application.

If you have not filled it in, I'd suggest to wait until you get the email from PVC Team towards the end of your waiting time. They will send you an email requesting your PCC, doing your medicals, arranging your AoS and submit Form 80 if you haven't yet recently. If you fill Form 80 in at the end when they ask for it, you might be spared to redo it as Ashmount had to do it now when they got their Case Officer. They did theirs in 2014 and it was considered to be outdated by now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@Ashmount. Fantastic news!! So happy for you.! Re Form 80... we thought of replacing only the pages that seemed to have changed since we first couriered the same to our son, only to notice that the question numbers and page numbers have changed and that the publishing dates of the forms also differ from the previous ones. We did a lot of copying and pasting but eventually  completed the whole form again. Lets hope we wont have to do the same again.  :D 

Still raining on and off on Brisbane and a bit on the cool side but still not too unpleasant. 

The agent had partially completed the form, we just had to double check and sent it off last night.

Enjoy your special time with your family in Brisbane.

• Like 1

Congratulations Ashmount, this is great news - happy for you.

Hope rest of the journey is smooth and quick.

Best wishes

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DGT said:

Good news Ashmount.Well done.

Thank you DGT.  I would suggest that you download the Form 80 and complete the form, just in case you are requested to lodge same.  It is a lengthy document. You have to give details of all employment and unemployment.  Details of your parents and siblings etc.  It tests one's memory :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dirkz said:

I did not do the From 80 when we applied in Nov 2014. It was not compulsory. I decided to wait until they asked for it.

Since then it seems most have filled in and submitted Form 80 with their application.

If you have not filled it in, I'd suggest to wait until you get the email from PVC Team towards the end of your waiting time. They will send you an email requesting your PCC, doing your medicals, arranging your AoS and submit Form 80 if you haven't yet recently. If you fill Form 80 in at the end when they ask for it, you might be spared to redo it as Ashmount had to do it now when they got their Case Officer. They did theirs in 2014 and it was considered to be outdated by now.

Thanks Dirkz.I will most certainly wait,but probably start collecting the info while I have the time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ashmount said:

Thank you DGT.  I would suggest that you download the Form 80 and complete the form, just in case you are requested to lodge same.  It is a lengthy document. You have to give details of all employment and unemployment.  Details of your parents and siblings etc.  It tests one's memory :)

Thank you Ashmount.

Please can I bother you with a few more questions?

1)Was there a definite requirement for Form 80 , in Oct 2014 when you lodged ? Or did you do it for "just in case" ?

2)I think Elna57 posted the issue around the "New" form 47PA.It bothers me as well. This Form 47PA  has been modified.: as follows:

On page 15,Part H,Question 55, it now refers to "Members of the family unit" instead of "DEPENDENT Children"

So NEW applicants are now required to complete FORM 47A .

It seems (understandably) that they now want to know about all our children even if they are adults and No longer dependent on us.

Did your CO ask you to  to complete FORM 47A ?

• Like 1

Congratulations Ashmount - this is great news.

Hope the rest of the journey is smooth and quick

Best wishes

• Like 2

@DGT

To answer some of your questions concerning From 80 and From 47PA/A

When we lodged our application (without an agent) in Nov 2014, we had to fill in From 47PA - obviously with all the other relevant stuff they needed like unabridged certificates, etc, etc. Form 47A - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 or over - was never an issue. As I can gather from Form 47A, all the relevant detail is covered in more detail in Form 47PA and Form 80.

Form 80 was not required at that stage when we applied and I had a choice to submit it if I wanted to. It was mentioned that I might be asked for it by a Case Officer at a later stage. So after much deliberation I didn't fill it in yet.

When I was contacted by the PVC (Parent Visa Centre) Team now in April 2017 for the first time since beginning 2015, they asked me to fill in Form 80 IF NOT SUBMITTED ALREADY. So I consulted my original Form 47PA where a lot of the same info was entered and filled in all the extra info required in Form 80.

You are correct that you have to think clearly and do some self research to complete Form 80. So if you haven't done it yet, or if you did it a few years ago, fill it in (or update it) at your leisure to have it ready for when PVC Team or your CO asks for it. 

The email I got from PVC Team in April 2017 required us to do Form 80 (if not already done), get our PCC's, do Medicals (they attached a letter with relevant info for that, including your HAP number which is required for the medicals), and to initiate our Assurance of Support (also with attached letter with detail). I then scanned the completed Form 80 and our PCC's and emailed it to them - the medicals were done online by the doctor, and my son started the AoS in Australia.

One note to take into consideration, Immigration asked you when you lodged your application that you should inform them of any change in circumstances which might occur during your wait for your visa. 

So when we sold our house and moved into a rental, I filled in From 929 - Change of Address and/or passport details.

When my youngest son got married and my parents died, I filled in Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances.

These forms I filled in, signed, scanned and sent to WA Parents (parents@border.gov.au) with absolutely no confirmation that they have received it. 

But the other day when I got the email from PVC Team (as mentioned above), they had all my new address and detail on the forms they sent with the email, which indicated that they did update my file with them. Their file system is apparently a paper system and everything they have on you are stored in your physical paper file. That's what they made me understand when they asked me to combine some info in one file that could be printed out.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I hope you find some info that you can add to your personal Visa Information File ?

Kind regards,

Dirk

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz. Thank you very much for your most informative reply to my questions. I truly appreciate your taking the time and effort to help.

We are very fortunate to get advice from someone that has first hand experience .

Just to elaborate on the 47A issue. You and I (in those days )used the previous form 47PA and we were specifically instructed (in a little window) that we need not complete an additional Form 47A for our dependent Children.

In the new form 47PA the new applicants are instructed to complete a Form 47A. It is obvious to me that they require further info on our Children.The form is mostly about information regarding them.

Also, each one of the "new" applicant's children must complete and sign a separate Form 47A.,whether they are immigrating with them or not and whether they are dependent or not. That could be a bit of a mission if requested during 'the last days"

I was just wondering whether they have requested this form 47 A anyone yet.

• Like 1

Sorry Dirkz,I meant to say :

I was just wondering whether they have requested this form 47 A from anyone yet.?

• Like 1

@DGT - Our agent requested that we lodge the Form 80 together with the other documents when our application was submitted.  I am assuming that, since my daughter purchased a property a year ago and notified them of change of address, and I in the meantime also renewed my passport, that may be the reason we have to update our form.  But we have done it and the agent has sent it to the case officer, now we just hold thumbs and wait for the next step. :)

• Like 1

@DGT

After checking both the old and the new Form 47PA, there are some minor changes in the instructions part.

The little window that you are referring to at the bottom of page 2 still has the word "dependent" in it. 

So if you are applying for a 143 visa and are tagging along a child or a other DEPENDENT family member 18 years or over, then a separate Form 47A needs to be completed. (It's for a child 18 or over/ dependent 18 or over.)

"Note: If you have members of your family unit who are 18 years

of age or over, please obtain form 47A Details of child or other

dependent family member aged 18 years or over. A form 47A

must be completed for each member of your family unit 18 years

of age or over, whether or not that person is migrating."

I agree that the last sentence is a bit misleading, but I think it relates to the previous sentence. It should have read "...for each dependent member..." in stead of "...for each member...". But "dependent" has already been mentioned.

Most of us do not have adult dependent children, only our wives.

But please let us hear from others if they had to complete a Form 47A for their adult children who were not migrating with them. 

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

I have been away for a week and have not been monitoring the progress that you are all making.

Dirk seems to have a very good understanding of the process.

At the time of application I completed Form 47PA together with Form 80.

It was necessary for me to resubmit Form 80 because in the words of PVC "the information is now two and a half years old and it needs to be updated".

I have not been asked to submit the Form 47A - and I would not expect to do so because although my children are older than eighteen they are not dependent upon me.

Regards to all,

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkz said:

@DGT

After checking both the old and the new Form 47PA, there are some minor changes in the instructions part.

The little window that you are referring to at the bottom of page 2 still has the word "dependent" in it. 

So if you are applying for a 143 visa and are tagging along a child or a other DEPENDENT family member 18 years or over, then a separate Form 47A needs to be completed. (It's for a child 18 or over/ dependent 18 or over.)

"Note: If you have members of your family unit who are 18 years

of age or over, please obtain form 47A Details of child or other

dependent family member aged 18 years or over. A form 47A

must be completed for each member of your family unit 18 years

of age or over, whether or not that person is migrating."

I agree that the last sentence is a bit misleading, but I think it relates to the previous sentence. It should have read "...for each dependent member..." in stead of "...for each member...". But "dependent" has already been mentioned.

Most of us do not have adult dependent children, only our wives.

But please let us hear from others if they had to complete a Form 47A for their adult children who were not migrating with them. 

Dirkz .Thanks once again for you help.

Not to belabor the issue, but I was referring to page 15 Part H Question 55.(not page2)

Page 15

NEW Form 47P Question 55

Part H – Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over 55

Give details of ALL your and/or your partner’s family unit members aged 18 years or over. Only include passport details for those family unit members migrating with you. Each member of the family unit aged 18 years or over listed below, whether they are migrating or not, must also complete a    " Form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over"

Form 47A is available from the department’s website

Page 15

OLD Form 47PA ,Question 55  which we used :

Part H-     Dependent children aged 18 years or over and other dependents.

Each dependent child or other dependent family member aged 18yrs or older, listed below whether they are migrating with you or not must also complete a     " Form 47A. Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over"

My understanding is that we were NOT required to get our children to complete Form 47A.

However it is my understanding that new applicants are specifically required to provide details about their Family Unit aged 18 and over.

And to get their children to complete Form 47A.

Perhaps they now want to know more about our grownup children ?

Since the CO is quite entitled  to request any additional info,I thought it best to check whether they requested this from you,as it could be quite a mission having to do this at the last minute.

Dankie vir jou hulp.en sterkte met die reelings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaneandGraham said:

I have been away for a week and have not been monitoring the progress that you are all making.

Dirk seems to have a very good understanding of the process.

At the time of application I completed Form 47PA together with Form 80.

It was necessary for me to resubmit Form 80 because in the words of PVC "the information is now two and a half years old and it needs to be updated".

I have not been asked to submit the Form 47A - and I would not expect to do so because although my children are older than eighteen they are not dependent upon me.

Regards to all,

Graham.

Graham.Thanks for taking the time to reply, especially now that you have much organizing to do.!

Please see my post to Dirkz regarding my reason for asking about whether you may have  requested to have 47A completed by your children.

May I also ask you whether Form80 was listed as a requirement when you originally applied in Oct 2014 ?

I,nor my agent, did not see it being a requirement when I applied in April 2015.Hope I did not miss it!!

Kind regards

DGT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashmount said:

@DGT - Our agent requested that we lodge the Form 80 together with the other documents when our application was submitted.  I am assuming that, since my daughter purchased a property a year ago and notified them of change of address, and I in the meantime also renewed my passport, that may be the reason we have to update our form.  But we have done it and the agent has sent it to the case officer, now we just hold thumbs and wait for the next step. :)

Ashmount,thank you very much for the info.

• Like 1

@DGT

Without delving further into the old and new From 47PA, I apologize for assuming the wrong note that you were referring to in the new Form 47PA. 

I do agree that it sounds like new applicants need to complete a Form 47A for each family member 18 and over.

If someone who has completed From 47A for their family members could reply, it should solve this uncertainty.

• Like 1

No apology needed Dirkz. Thank you for your inputs.

yes, it will be great if any reader can comment on whether they needed to have their independent Children complete the 47A..

Also,Especially the "oldest"  applicants that have or will shortly be hearing from their CO..

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I hope you don't mind if I ask one or two adminny type questions about a CPV I am looking to submit on behalf of my parents :)

Just a few short questions:

• Payment - am I correct in assuming that DIBP would accept a bank cheque as payment, as long as it is submitted along with the application forms at time of lodgement? Is there any way to pay by credit card?
  • Signatures - is it necessary to submit the original signed application forms, or would scanned in copies suffice? I only ask because it would save quite a lot of time and money for me to complete the forms, send them electronically to my folks in South Africa where they can print, sign and scan them in to me. I will then print and submit them. 
  • Certification of supporting documentation - I am able to certify the copies of their birth certificates, however, would the DIBP have an issue with the fact that I am connected to them, and therefore require an independent third party to certify the documents?

Would greatly appreciate anyone's input on this :) 

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic