Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@JTN. Thanks.

No, I have good coverage from Discovery Health for overseas travels so didnt need extra medical cover plus we always pay by credit card and thus get the free travel insurance there as well. 

Perhaps ask around on the facebook groups such as Aussiekaners and/or a few others.? I find loads of answers on those without even having to ask the question because so many others ask the same questions. It really is a great help just reading all the updates every day. Hope this helps. Have a great week all.

@JTN

Hi. I stumbled upon this website this morning and thought it would be very helpful to you. It has a whole list of various private health insurance companies. I believe Bupa is quite good, but I will leave it up to you to do some homework. 

Regards

Elna

@Onthemove

Hi there.

Looks like today is my lucky day for stumbling upon websites, lol.

I found this regarding your question re AOS.

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

• Like 1

@Elna57 ..... what a star you are!  That link is just so much more informative and hit the nail on the head. Yesss, my son qualifies. I'm doing a happy dance .... chachacha and whistling a tune :whome:      Huge thanks!

• Like 1

Dear All,

We are now at Johannesburg Airport awaiting to board Qantas 64 bound for Sydney.

Good luck to you all and I will be monitoring your progress.

This is a short trip to get the Visa activated and return mid July to get all matters sorted.

Warm regards to all,

Jane and Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 2

Me again,

Although I prepared the previous post on Monday afternoon  I obviously omitted to 'hit' the submit button.

We are now safe 'n sound in Sydney and it was new experience arriving as Permanent Resident.

Regards,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 4

@JaneandGraham

Congratulations on your visa. Enjoy your new country.

If you're going to drive around yourself while you're there, mark my word the attitude of the road users in SA will scare you when you come back. 

Are you going to do your banking, Medicare and drivers licenses now?

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎/‎06‎/‎27 at 5:34 AM, Elna57 said:

@JTN

Hi. I stumbled upon this website this morning and thought it would be very helpful to you. It has a whole list of various private health insurance companies. I believe Bupa is quite good, but I will leave it up to you to do some homework. 

Regards

Elna

Hi Elna

Thank you for the info but there is no website - please check

• Like 1

Jane & Graham

What a relief it must have been - even if you have to come back to SA a few times to sort financial and other matters it must have been a pleasure to eventually be in OZ , so glad for you - best wishes.

Once you there give us the AUD required to lead a decent life and most importantly the cost of private medical aid, if needed.

Take care and wish you and your family a great life in OZ  

• Like 1

@JTN. Haha. That is no use to you lol.

Here goes.... let's hope it sticks this time :)

http://www.privatehealth.gov.au/

Apologies for the oversight.

@DirkzI am already starting to shuffle a bit closer to you and the missus. Time for you to make room , folks. We are running out of chairs. :lol:

This is no joke and it is not for sissies. I think we are all now lagging because Immi has to wait for the new lot of visas to become available. Not to fret Dirkz, in 2 days time they will become available.Yay!! 

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed and still do enjoy your company very much, but we need to move on a bit. We can visit once we are all in Oz and have a big old boerewors and lamb chop party. For now, we need to focus on moving on. :lol:

Have a splendid weekend and jog a lot around the block and then kick he block back under the bed. 

:)

• Like 1

@danofotiadis

Hmmmmm, buddy, you are the quiet type sitting right in the corner hiding behind a magazine? Come on , let's hear you roar. :lol:

@Elna57

Your words were hardly cold when I read my emails this evening and there was the email from PVC Team (Case Officer) requesting any changes in details and the letter from Centrelink confirming our AOS (which my son is still waiting for after 10 weeks). I'm very up to date but for the AOS, so shall explain that to our CO. Maybe he can chase Centrelink on.

I was told that I have 28 days to supply the relevant info and have the 2nd VAC ready (the amount was stipulated).

So we're pretty stoked now and shall get everyting sorted hopefully during the month of July. Shall keep you updated.

• Like 1

@Dirkz

Oh wow, seems like everything is being held up by Centrelink. I am guessing you are moving to Queensland? They seem to be very very busy trying to process all the AOS's etc. 

I am so excited now, I am actually pushing you and the missus off your chairs. :lol: You are so close now, you can stand around, hand out tissues to all others in the waiting room and shake hands for a little while.:lol:

I guess tomorrow things will start moving again when the new 7 000 odd visas become available. I hope that we will be in that lot.

Thanks for the update and good luck with the sorting out.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:22 PM, Elna57 said:

@danofotiadis

Hmmmmm, buddy, you are the quiet type sitting right in the corner hiding behind a magazine? Come on , let's hear you roar. :lol:

Hahaha @Elna57 - visas lodged on my side so just waiting I guess. Didn't see anyone else who lodged in June. Reading the forums to see where I can help in the mean time :-)

• Like 1

Hello Roomies,

Good news, we received an email this afternoon from our agent advising that Immigration Department have requested us to furnish them with the 2nd VAC payment. :ilikeit:

Will keep you advised.

• Like 2

Wow Ashmount we're so excited for you! You've passed the assessment progress and are almost there :ilikeit:

We can't wait now for that moment :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

@Ashmount That is great news indeed. Congrats! Our second "Granted" coming up soon. Yay!!

• Like 1

Ashmount -  I am very pleased for you, well done and congratulations.

Greetings to all,

Graham.

• Like 2

Update: After receiving the email from our CO on Friday, requesting the AOS Acceptance Letter, I had to reply that we're still waiting for that after  my son handed the AOS papers to Centrelink 10 weeks ago.

We were all positive and I felt sure that today, on our 42nd wedding anniversary, we would get good news. And so it was!

Woke up this morning with messages from my son and family, all excited. He had the call and interview from Centrelink today. He was asked many questions and just answered yes a hundred times! 

They will now send him a letter which he must take to Commonwealth Bank to do the bond payment. He must then take a bank letter back to Centrelink who will confirm the acceptance of AOS on the immi system for Parent Visa Centre to access. 

Another step closer to our visa.

I'm taking my wife for dinner tonight to celebrate more than one occasion :hug:

• Like 3

@Dirkz congratulations on your great achievement of 42 yrs !!!  Happy for you and your loved ones on that next step closer to your visa. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to both Ashmount and Dirkz - what a relief this must be. Best of luck - may the remaining journey be smooth.

This also gives us to understand that the visa issue process is back on track.

Hopefully the queue gets moving again .

Best wishes to all.   

• Like 2

• Mara pinned this topic