Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Elna57 said:

@DirkzI am already starting to shuffle a bit closer to you and the missus. Time for you to make room , folks. We are running out of chairs. :lol:

This is no joke and it is not for sissies. I think we are all now lagging because Immi has to wait for the new lot of visas to become available. Not to fret Dirkz, in 2 days time they will become available.Yay!! 

:)

I am really struggling to get my head around this annual Visa Quota thing.The way I see it is that PVC is working on files lodged in October 2014....nowhere near the June 2015 cut off. Therefore it is unlikely that they could be affected (slowed down) by the "full quota" issue?.....Unless the cut off does not apply to the year in which we applied?

If the quota June 2017 is effecting applicants of 2014 then it means that 2015 and 2016 are full and they are waiting for the 2017 year to the allocate to 2014 year. That is either a disaster or improbable.

• Like 1

Well done and congratulations Ashmount.It must really be a relief now that its over.

Dirkz ,nearly there ! Glad for you.Enjoy your celebration !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DGT said:

Well done and congratulations Ashmount.It must really be a relief now that its over.

Dirkz ,nearly there ! Glad for you.Enjoy your celebration !

Thank you, it really is a huge relief, although until the Visa is issued, we sit on tender hooks!.  

The cheque was being sent to the Department today via "Express Mail" by our agents, hopefully we will know by Friday.  Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DGT said:

I am really struggling to get my head around this annual Visa Quota thing.The way I see it is that PVC is working on files lodged in October 2014....nowhere near the June 2015 cut off. Therefore it is unlikely that they could be affected (slowed down) by the "full quota" issue?.....Unless the cut off does not apply to the year in which we applied?

If the quota June 2017 is effecting applicants of 2014 then it means that 2015 and 2016 are full and they are waiting for the 2017 year to the allocate to 2014 year. That is either a disaster or improbable.

I'm not sure how many people apply each year (in has exploded in the last few years), but there are far more applicants than visas per year.  So the pace of approvals is set by the number of "slots" each year.  The number in the queue increases but the number of slots remains the same (or decreases for this visa). So yes files lodged in October 2014 are now filling the slots for July 2017 onwards.  The queue outstrips the "slots" which is why it takes around 3 years to "get to the front of the queue". You don't get a slot from the actual year you lodged.  Those places were given to those who were already waiting.  It is a very slow "marathon" but so worth it.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the good wishes, roomies!

@RYLC Well explained in your post above. 

If one sees it another way: If PVC gets 10 000 applications per year and is only allocating 7 000 visas per year, in three years they will be almost 9 000 visas behind, which amounts to another 18 months waiting in the queue (7000 for a year and 3000 for half a year roughly). They always say in all correspondence that they go down the line. 

Just before we applied in Nov 2014, the waiting time was 18 months, which means that they were busy with applications lodged 18 months before us. 

But it seems that they had a tremendous increase in applications in the 18 months BEFORE we applied, and they only allocate those 7150 visa allocations per  financial year (which is 1st July to 30th June each year). So the backlog just increased and the amount of applications waiting in the queue increased. 

At this moment they should have about 21 000 applications in the queue (7 150 per year and 3 years waiting time). If they keep on getting more than 7150 applications per year, it will just add to the backlog and waiting time. It seems that our visa has become very popular in the past few years !!!

So just prepare for that and be patient. And enjoy the cheap food and services in SA. 

• Like 2

@Dirkz Great news buddy.! Congrats,!

Yeah I guess they were just waiting for 1st of July 2017 visas to become available,  since the previous lot had been used up,  to start allocating and granting the new years lot again::)

I am just sooo hoping that we will be in the next lot.

Wow, shortly we will have a few more chairs that have been kept warm for us to move onto.

So much excitement in the waiting room, I think some bubbly would be in order folks!

• Like 1

Hi All

Very confusing and sad about the continuous extension of the visa timeline.  DIBP have given Non Contributory Visa applicants the opportunity to withdraw from their one and re-apply for the Contributory Parents Visas. The lodgement date for these could go back many years ahead of our applications - remember the NCV queue is 30 years long. So when the NCV applicants now apply for  CPV their original date of their NCV application is taken into account resulting in new applicants getting in the queue before us. That is why the timeline is being extended every month or so. I do feel for them but I feel that DIBP should increase the number of seats / places each year to cater for this change. Also this opportunity to switch should be within a certain " Window " period  - after the " Window " period any NCV applicant that want to apply for the CPV the lodgement date should be the date of the new application  - their original date of the NCV application should not be taken into account.

Anyway we keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best - keep on smiling     

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, Dirkz said:

Thanks for all the good wishes, roomies!

@RYLC Well explained in your post above. 

If one sees it another way: If PVC gets 10 000 applications per year and is only allocating 7 000 visas per year, in three years they will be almost 9 000 visas behind, which amounts to another 18 months waiting in the queue (7000 for a year and 3000 for half a year roughly). They always say in all correspondence that they go down the line. 

Just before we applied in Nov 2014, the waiting time was 18 months, which means that they were busy with applications lodged 18 months before us. 

But it seems that they had a tremendous increase in applications in the 18 months BEFORE we applied, and they only allocate those 7150 visa allocations per  financial year (which is 1st July to 30th June each year). So the backlog just increased and the amount of applications waiting in the queue increased. 

At this moment they should have about 21 000 applications in the queue (7 150 per year and 3 years waiting time). If they keep on getting more than 7150 applications per year, it will just add to the backlog and waiting time. It seems that our visa has become very popular in the past few years !!!

So just prepare for that and be patient. And enjoy the cheap food and services in SA. 

Thanks very much Dirkz and RYLC.I appreciate your clarifying the issue for me.It make sense now.I could never contemplate the possibility that the annual applications far exceeded the 7000 allocations! I always thought that PVC was simply understaffed.

• Like 1

Hi Guys and Gals. No use fretting about non contributory parents switching to the Contributory parent visa.... it is not going to change anything. I havent really looked at their queue numbers and how many of them decided to switch over. Perhaps if I find the time , I will have a look whether there is any info available, but it will not change Immi's approach re the matter, so it is kind of a fruitless effort. We will just have to sit around, page through the forums and wait for our turn. 

I do not think (hope) that too many people will do that. 

Would have been really nice if Immi could  tell us at least what impact those switches will have on our applications, but I guess they have their hands full already. So, lets just shuffle along and enjoy each other's company i  the meantime. 

The list of UK people wanting to emigtate to Aus is way longer yhan ours and I have no idea what the list for India or the Chinese look like. So, let us just sit back, relax and wait it out sinve we have absolutely no idea

Oopps sorry. No idea exactly how many applications from other countries are ahead of us. 

Hi all, 

I've been lurking on this thread but time to say hello. To add to the spreadsheet - we applied for my Parents' 147 Contrib visa in Jan 2016. And the wait continues.

Regarding the queue, I dug a bit and I thought the following might be interesting reading if you haven't seen it before.

From the "Report on Migration Programme 2015-16" available at https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf:

"Contributory Parent

The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2015–16 was 7175 places. Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category decreased by 567 applications (or 4.4 per cent) between 30 June 2015 and 30 June 2016. As at 30 June 2016, 29,591 clients remain in the pipeline, an increase of 16.1 per cent compared to the pipeline as at 30 June 2015."

Other yearly statistics and trends are at: https://www.border.gov.au/about/reports-publications/research-statistics/statistics/live-in-australia/migration-programme

• Like 2

@Robyn2259 welcome!  

Thanks a mill for the most useful link. interesting to note that in both the years ending 2015 and 2016 PVC applications had actually decreased. 

• Like 1

Sorry, fingers haven't woken up yet. CPV not PVC. lol 

• Like 1

@Robyn2259 Welcome and thanks for your valuable contribution about the stats.

It supports our suspicion that there are many applications (over 29 000) for our visa waiting to be processed. 

That also explains why our waiting has moved to 35-39 months. 

• Like 1

Robyn2259, Thanks very much for the links.It certainly clarifies many uncertainties that I had.

• Like 1

Hi all, is there any publication from Border that the waiting period has increased to 35-39 months - or is this purely from actual waiting time experienced by roomies?

Thanks for all the input!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi all, is there any publication from Border that the waiting period has increased to 35-39 months - or is this purely from actual waiting time experienced by roomies?

Thanks for all the input!

Welcome to the thread!

Here is the link to your question:

https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

• Like 1

Anyone notice on there acknowledgement letter right at the bottom it had a position number? ours is 3473 yours?

• Like 1

@Marchhawker   I too have the same number, though not on the Letter of Acknowledgement itself, but on the covering letter from the Parent Visa Centre (it appears to refer to the staff member's position(staff) number, rather than our own position in the queue.  Though, I stand to be corrected  :)

Regards,

Blake

Position Number:  3473

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

• Like 1

My Position number is 635.

Lodgement April 2015. ...which is between  Marchhawker and Onthemove.Therefore cant be the Queue number.

• Like 1

@DGT I'm guessing it's possibly the employee (staff) number. 

So we carry on waiting. The processing date remains "...up to and including 13 October 2014"  (as at this morning)

• Like 1

The Position Number of the person who sent us our Acknowledgement Letter in March 2015 was also a low 3 digit number.

And the PN of the person who sent us the email for document preparation etc, in April 2017 was a different shorter number.  

The last letter from the Case Officer requesting last documents and AOS in June had a very long 8 digit PN.

The only number that's important for you is your File Reference Number which connects you to your case.

This number starts with your year of application lodgment (eg 2005) followed by /****** (slash six digit number).

Eg:  2005/012345, and is called the FRN or F number. 

That number stays the same from application to assessment and acceptance. It is also important when doing the AOS.

Even if one had a queue number, I presume it would mean very little because of cases falling out or others joining from the non-contrib parent visa. The only reference we have really is the average waiting times that we get from the web (link above) and the auto reply from PVC stating the current processing date.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 0:45 PM, DGT said:

Thank you Ashmount.

Please can I bother you with a few more questions?

1)Was there a definite requirement for Form 80 , in Oct 2014 when you lodged ? Or did you do it for "just in case" ?

2)I think Elna57 posted the issue around the "New" form 47PA.It bothers me as well. This Form 47PA  has been modified.: as follows:

On page 15,Part H,Question 55, it now refers to "Members of the family unit" instead of "DEPENDENT Children"

So NEW applicants are now required to complete FORM 47A .

It seems (understandably) that they now want to know about all our children even if they are adults and No longer dependent on us.

Did your CO ask you to  to complete FORM 47A ?

On 6/14/2017 at 3:25 PM, Dirkz said:

@DGT

To answer some of your questions concerning From 80 and From 47PA/A

When we lodged our application (without an agent) in Nov 2014, we had to fill in From 47PA - obviously with all the other relevant stuff they needed like unabridged certificates, etc, etc. Form 47A - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 or over - was never an issue. As I can gather from Form 47A, all the relevant detail is covered in more detail in Form 47PA and Form 80.

Form 80 was not required at that stage when we applied and I had a choice to submit it if I wanted to. It was mentioned that I might be asked for it by a Case Officer at a later stage. So after much deliberation I didn't fill it in yet.

When I was contacted by the PVC (Parent Visa Centre) Team now in April 2017 for the first time since beginning 2015, they asked me to fill in Form 80 IF NOT SUBMITTED ALREADY. So I consulted my original Form 47PA where a lot of the same info was entered and filled in all the extra info required in Form 80.

You are correct that you have to think clearly and do some self research to complete Form 80. So if you haven't done it yet, or if you did it a few years ago, fill it in (or update it) at your leisure to have it ready for when PVC Team or your CO asks for it. 

The email I got from PVC Team in April 2017 required us to do Form 80 (if not already done), get our PCC's, do Medicals (they attached a letter with relevant info for that, including your HAP number which is required for the medicals), and to initiate our Assurance of Support (also with attached letter with detail). I then scanned the completed Form 80 and our PCC's and emailed it to them - the medicals were done online by the doctor, and my son started the AoS in Australia.

One note to take into consideration, Immigration asked you when you lodged your application that you should inform them of any change in circumstances which might occur during your wait for your visa. 

So when we sold our house and moved into a rental, I filled in From 929 - Change of Address and/or passport details.

When my youngest son got married and my parents died, I filled in Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances.

These forms I filled in, signed, scanned and sent to WA Parents (parents@border.gov.au) with absolutely no confirmation that they have received it. 

But the other day when I got the email from PVC Team (as mentioned above), they had all my new address and detail on the forms they sent with the email, which indicated that they did update my file with them. Their file system is apparently a paper system and everything they have on you are stored in your physical paper file. That's what they made me understand when they asked me to combine some info in one file that could be printed out.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I hope you find some info that you can add to your personal Visa Information File ?

Kind regards,

Dirk

Hello Roomies, happy dance this morning visa granted !! 

• Like 3

• Mara pinned this topic