Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi Elna57

Sorry for delayed response - congrats to you too - your first " Granted " in this new thread - well done.

• Like 1

Hi @JTN

It feels as if we all got our visas granted!! Just so good to see someone finally moving on. It gives us some kind of timeline and some hope that for us the time to shuffle out of the waiting room will happen for us too.

On 5/29/2017 at 5:07 PM, Ashmount said:

Hi Marchhawker,

I am not sure what questions they asked my daughter, but I know they told her that she qualified and that she should proceed with the AOS, she told us that she nearly jumped through the phone to hug the lady :D.

That is beautiful! i think i will do the same!!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 6:21 PM, JaneandGraham said:

Progress report on the long haul flight :

The Approach Controller has handed me over to the Tower Controller - "Flight 143 is Cleared to Land".

Visa Granted.

Regards to all and I will continue to monitor your progress.

Jane and Graham.

Congratulations!!! 956 days in the waiting room.... that  is one long haul flight but you've made it! congratulations :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi @JTN

It feels as if we all got our visas granted!! Just so good to see someone finally moving on. It gives us some kind of timeline and some hope that for us the time to shuffle out of the waiting room will happen for us too.

Hi Elna

Yes, you right. Your turn is next - 2 months time and then one other each month thereafter. Let us pray that the timeline remain the same - getting exciting.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the compliments and good wishes.

Thanks to Elna for starting the thread and I cannot give you an answer to what the norm would be about the first entry date - my situation is not the norm because my documents are about to expire.

My understanding is that your initial arrival must be made whilst your police and medical certificates remain valid and I guess that the expiry date of those documents  would be the entry date shown on your visa. As you know I painted myself into a corner by having done these procedures in June last year. Jane and myself were getting ready to redo our Medicals and PCC.

However, I am pleased to report that the PVC Team, who were aware, that our arrival date in Australia is 27 June and they  had the discretion to extend the validity of the said documents - without us having to incur the inconvenience and expense to repeat the process.

We are grateful to PVC team for their kind and helpful consideration.

I recommend that you you manage the timing of your documentation in a better way than I did - as such, you will avoid 

unnecessary anxiety.

Best regards to all,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 1

Hi @JaneandGraham

I've been away while you received your visa and I'm so pleased to find out that you got it in time. It's also very comforting to notice the consideration of the PVC Team of allowing your Medicals and PCC to stay valid until you land in Australia. They really seem to be an accommodating team.

Congratulations and all the best with the very last stretch of your journey!

We're still waiting for our AoS to be approved and my son will phone them this week - which will be seven weeks after initiating the AoS - to find out how it is progressing. Can't wait to be in your shoes. 

• Like 1

Hi Jane&Graham

Thank god - the PVC team, are, people with compassion. So to which date are your PCC and Medicals valid till?  

Hi Dirkz

Welcome back - which state did your son apply for the AOS?

We all await the good news for Ashmount and Dirkz.  

• Like 1

@Dirkz. You are next buddy :)

2 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi Dirkz

Welcome back - which state did your son apply for the AOS?

We all await the good news for Ashmount and Dirkz.  

Our AoS application was done in the Gold Coast, QLD. It seems that some Centrelink offices have more AoS load than others. So approval times vary between different areas/offices. The one my son went to had him understand that their AoS division is overloaded with applications for AoS and there will be a waiting time of 3-7 weeks.

But we are cleaning, sorting and packing, and enjoying the cheap cappuccinos and meals here in the mean time :)

• Like 1

Dirk  -  Thanks for your comments and you are next in line. Get your Commonwealth Bank cheque ready for posting.

"Bank Cheques should be made payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and sent by registered post to the following address".

Parent Visa Centre

Contributory Parent Section

Locked Bag 7

Northbridge WA 6865

Australia

NB : "Payment by international bank cheque will delay the visa grant for a period of 28 days after payment has been receipted to allow the cheque to clear".

JTN - I cannot  and do not want to comment on behalf of  the rules and regulations of the PVC Team but in my case the PCC expires on 08 June 2017 and in my case letter reads " Initial Entry Date - all applicants will be required to make an initial entry to Australia on the visa by no later than 09 September 2017". Now this happens to be three months after the expiry date of the first document. We are going to make the initial entry on 27 June 2017 and as such have no problem with the date as shown on the visa.

My elder brother lives in Queensland and has been monitoring my progress and he made a comment the a few weeks ago -he said that from his experience these matters get finalised on the last day or the month. Obviously I do not know if his statement is factual - however my request for second payment did, indeed, arrive on 31 May. Let's see if Dirk is sorted on 30 June?

Regards,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 1

Hi Dirkz

Thanks for the info - yeah QLD must be a very busy state - let's hope they speed up the process for you.

Hi Jane$Graham

Thank you for your info - yep, enjoy the cheap everything - why not. Which state will you move to? 

• Like 1

My Son and his family are in Sydney - N.S.W.

My Daughter and her family are in Noosa - Queensland.

We are still undecided where to be based.

Graham.

• Like 1

Jane & Graham, if it were me, no choice, Noosa all the way.

i envy you , I still have some 18 months to Vasbyt until we get there ( hopefully )

cheers 

Adrian ( Jarryd13 )

• Like 1

Hi All

Just got reply from WA Parents ( Auto Response --- )

This is the first time I read beyond paragraph " Offshore Applicants ( subclass 143 /173 ) "  and found another paragraph " Switching From Non - Contributory Parent NCP ) Visa to a Contributory Parent ( CP ) Visa " - was this there before or is it new?

According to this paragraph NCP can switch to CP and that the " original application lodgement date will be taken into account for your new application thus ensuring that you are not disadvantaged "

I wonder what impact this is having or will have on all original CP applicants?

• Like 1

@JTN   Almost fear this will have a detrimental impact to those CPs in the waiting room.  Fingers crossed for the opposite to be true.   

• Like 1

@JTN though switching from NCP to CP would entail equal cost as well, and this may well prove that switches might not so frequent 

• Like 1

@JTN

That paragraph has been there for a long time, further down the letter just above "COMMUNICATING WITH THE DEPARTMENT".

Even the first WA Parents auto reply I got in March 2015 had the following:

"If you have applied for a Parent Visa but do not want to wait for a long time, you may wish to consider switching to a Contributory Parent visa as there are considerably more visa places available and are processed more quickly."

So rest assured there will be no negative influence on our 143 visa from that side :)

The longer processing times are probably just due to the increase in applications over the past two to three years.

• Like 1

@Onthemove

Yes, those NCPs will have to pay the current Application / Vac fees just like any other CP applicant, however there could be some that can or will be able to afford the fees.

@Dirkz

Thanks for information but when did the clause " original lodgement will be taken into account for your new application thus ensuring that you are not disadvantaged " be introduced -  was this clause there on the March 2015 Auto Reply? Sorry , I am just worried that the we may have to wait longer - I just hope that I am wrong.

Please do not misunderstand me, I am glad that those NCP applicants have the opportunity to convert to CP status - they are parents just like us and should have equal opportunities like any other.

Like Onthemove says, lets hope the opposite is true and keep our fingers crossed.

Good luck to all.   

• Like 1

Hi Roomies. I have been reading all your posts and following from Brisbane. Not enough hours in a day, but so glad to keep in touch with all. Have a great week and see you all soon back in SA. Brisbane is all nice and clean after lovely showers.

5 hours ago, JTN said:

@Dirkz

Thanks for information but when did the clause " original lodgement will be taken into account for your new application thus ensuring that you are not disadvantaged " be introduced -  was this clause there on the March 2015 Auto Reply? Sorry , I am just worried that the we may have to wait longer - I just hope that I am wrong.

You are correct, JTN, that last clause about the original lodgment date was not in the older replies from them. I have not been able to get an Automated Reply from them the past two days to check myself. So it gives the impression that more applicants could be moved into our 143 queue from the 103 & 804 (NCP) applicants who lodged before us and decided to change to 143 visa. I still doubt if it will make a significant difference in our waiting time.

All we can do is to be patient.

Elsa, Enjoy your visit in Brisbane. While you have rain, we have fires ! Big areas, houses and schools have been burnt even in PE with the help of the strong hot winds since Thursday. So much hatred in some people's minds to do this :(

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz

I just realised that if the DIBP is now informing us on a monthly basis the number of months ( 33 / 34 ) that they are taking to grant the 143 visas then they have taken into account the number of conversions from NCP to CP - sorry I jumped the gun - ok all back to normal.

Hi Elna

Enjoy Brisbane with family - you not missing much here - like Dirkz said we having some major disasters - not nice.

What type of visa did you apply for this visit - we may have to go end November - we will only know around September - will there be enough time for us to apply and get the visa? 

• Like 1

Hi @JTN

We applied just before the new biometrics requirements were implemented so we didnt have to.do biometrics. We applied for the straight forward 3 year visitor visa with a letter of invitation from our son stating that he will accommodate us during our visits. Good old subclass 600 visa. We received the visas within 2 weeks but I suppose with biometrics it will take slightly longer. Hope this helps.

• Mara pinned this topic