Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi Roomies. 

I just now had a peep at immi website and came accross this update for the 143 CPV: (It would appear that it will take another month longer than anticipated in the previous update.)

At least now we can not complain that we are being kept in the dark. 

Last updated 13 April 2017 (for month ending 31 March 2017)

• 75 per cent of applications processed in 33 months
  • 90 per cent of applications processed in 34 months

And nobody has changed your visas. Let's hope it stays that way?

• Like 1

@RedPanda

:lol: Thank goodness.

Wow, it seems that soon the average waiting time for 143 visa will be 3 years ! ?

When we applied in Nov 2014 it was about 18 months. We are now at almost 30 months and expecting our CO in about another month, after we should be close to our visa (if we don't get held up with AoS or extra medicals).

We went for our X-Rays on Tuesday and Medicals yesterday. It's really not a big deal unless you have serious problems. Unfortunately I can't comment on that because we are pretty healthy with no chronic medication. They just check your physical dimensions, take urine sample and some blood for a HIV test. (you still have to pay the pathologist when they send you the account for that). The doctor examines you and writes all you medical answers online. The X-Ray from the radiologist also goes online, even though the radiologist gives you an A certification for "All OK". 

Under major operations I might just add that my wife had a hip resurfacing operation about 9 years ago and the doctor said that it's not serious. I think they're more concerned about major operations or cancer. 

I'm still not sure about the Form 80 that the email from PVC Team requested, but it seems that we'll have to fill that in. It is very cumbersome and must be done for each applicant aged 16 or over, as well as any non-migrating spouse and dependents (16 and over) if you have any. Most if not all the detail on that form is included in the original Form 47PA which we filled in at application (personal details and character assessment). I'll go through it more carefully and see if there are any extra info on Form 80 that's not included in Form 47PA.

If I remember correctly Orphan also just had Form 80 ready for his CO but they never asked him for it. Maybe I'll do the same.

• Like 1

Congratulations Dirkz! such wonderful news!!! wishing the last part of the journey is smooth sailing from here on in! 

Elna57 - well done on the new thread and massive thanks for the information on processing times!! 

• Like 1

Hope I'm not cluttering this thread, but for those having nothing else to da than to follow someone else's progress, I'll update our progress for what it's worth. 

My son went to Centrelink yesterday to hand in all the required papers for them to assess. The lady there said that it will be handed over to the AoS department that deals with it and he will be contacted within the next 7 weeks for an interview. My son reckons that the 7 weeks would be the maximum but should be much sooner depending on the queue for AoS. 

My son doesn't have a Commonwealth bank account so he's opening one now. The assurer must have a Commonwealth bank account to give the guarantee from the bank of his investment. The bank guarantee of the investment must be in the assurer's name. 

The Centrelink lady also said that if Centrelink takes too long with their AoS for the assurer, immigration puts a lot of pressure on them to finish their processing. I gather that if you get your CO before Centrelink has finished your AoS processing, the CO is the one who puts pressure on them, because the CO has no time for delays and needs to do the final assessment for your visa.  

I'm still in doubt to whether we should fill in Form 80 for personal details and character assessment. It contains the same information as has been supplied in the original Form 47PA application. Just 10 times more detail, which entails a lot of unnecessary info.  

• Like 1

Hi Dirk.

Thanks for all the info.

Did the email ask for you to fill in form 80, I wonder? If it was mentioned in the email I suppose it will be best to get it ready. It is quite a formidable form I agree. 

And no worries about any clutter in this thread, it was started especially for us roomies in the waiting room for the purpose of keeping each other informed and vent our frustrations or share our joys when one of us finally gets good news like yours.

At this stage of the process (after getting the email from PVC Team to get documents ready, do medicals and arrange AoS) it seems that the AoS is going to cause the most delay. My son has supplied all the needed paperwork to Centrelink and their last response was that they will contact him within 7 weeks for a telephonic interview after which he must pay the bond at Commonwealth bank and give them the proof. It could also take some time after that to get the necessary letter out of Centrelink for PVC (Parent Visa Centre) to finalize our application. 

Elsa, The email from PVC states that one can commence preparing the documents if one chooses so. And then when ready attach them all together in the reply to their email.

As far as Form 80 is concerned, they do actually say that if NOT already provided, one should provide a completed "Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment" Form 80. It's just that these assessment details were recorded on the original application Form 47PA in part D, E, F, J (details of self, spouse and family) and L (Character). In Form 80 all this is just recorded in much more detail, like you need to add the suburb of the town you were born in not  just the town. They want all the addresses you have lived the last 10 years, including dates, etc. on Form 80 in stead of just your address.

I wish I could just ask them if we really need to fill in Form 80 or not. Should we fill it in but not send it now with the PCC and just keep it ready if the CO asked for it, or it is paramount that we send it now with the PCC attachment. 

I think maybe I'll just do Form 80 and send it with the PCC to be on the safe side.

Will keep you updated on any new developments.

• Like 1

Hi Dirk.

Thank you very much for the info and good luck with form 80.  

Ouch for the AOS hiccups. It never used to take that long but I suppose they are also suffering heavier workloads than normal as a result of the increased number of applications.

At least we are in the queue already and hopefully not too long before some more good news. We are all crossing fingers and toes.

I am sorry that it seems as if we are watching you like hawks. It is just that there hasn't been much movement for a long time and we have nobody else to try and establish some kind of pattern after the changes since Orphans very informative thread. So, please bear with us. 

We really do appreciate every bit of good news. Thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you Dirk for the updates. Always good news when a plan comes together and  good luck ? for a speedy and satisfactory resolution. 

• Like 2

Hi Guys, With regards to Form 80. Our consultant advised us back in 2014 to complete it. So it seems if one has not yet completed it, then do so asap. It does not cost anything but time (we even provided additional optional info where prompted to do so)

• Like 2

Thanks for your input Benoni61. 

I'll do it then. We do have some time at hand. The AoS in Australia and waiting for our CO will now take a bit of time.

• Like 1

@Elna57 - Well done on initiating this new thread.

I have just returned from visiting my daughter in Sydney.  On 17 March 2017 I accompanied her to Centrelink and she handed in the application for AOS.  She was told that after a period of between 3 to 6 weeks she should receive a letter from them.  Crossing fingers that it may arrive this week:rolleyes:

In the meantime we are selling the furniture, receiving quotes to move the balance of our belongings across the sea and waiting with bated breath that they reach our date soon !!

@Dirkz - we completed Form 80 with our initial application, as instructed by our agent. 

• Like 1

@Ashmount - Thanks for the info. Hope your process goes smoothly. Please keep us updated.

We are not going through an agent so were never asked by anyone to complete Form80. When we applied it was optional and we should only complete it if requested by our CO. We went on all the info Orphan supplied at that time. He also completed Form80 but was never requested to submit it. I still think that it is irrelevant in most cases. We have been to Australia quite a few times and are "clean" in their books.  

• Like 1

@Ashmount Oh there you are!! So happy to see you! :D Thought you had left us here all by ourselves. 

Oh you are so lucky to have been back to Aus.

Good luck with all the packing etc.

Your application should be all done and dusted soon? 

Can not wait to see our first "Granted" date on our list. 

Have a great week folks.

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

We lodged our application on 20 October 2014.

In February, this year, we were invited to commence Document Preparation.

I asked the Parent Visa Centre if it was necessary to resubmit Form 80 because we had already completed such Document at the time of application. Their response was "Form 80 - we require updated forms as any forms submitted with original application now contain information that is nearly two and a half years old".

My Son visited CentreLink Offices and lodged the AOS guarantee with Commonwealth Bank on 1 April. Two weeks later CentreLink acknowledged receipt and accepted the AOS and confirmed that it would be forwarded to the Immigration Authorities.

Now anxiously awaiting to hear from a Case Officer.

Regards,

Graham Ross.

• Like 1

Wow, JaneandGraham, thanks for your much appreciated update! And welcome to the forum!

We are technically a few weeks behind you and have just done our medicals and started with the AoS (by my son in the Gold Coast). My wife and I have just each finished the lengthy Form 80's and will submit them with our PCC's over the weekend. 

Our concern now is just how long Centrelink is going to take to process the AoS. They told my son a week ago that they will contact him within the next 7 weeks! So anything is possible.

Please let us know when you hear from your Case Officer. It gives the waiting club an indication of the current process. 

All the best. You should be sorted very soon now!

Regards,

Dirk

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

Hi JaneandGraham

Welcome to the waiting room and thanks for sharing your info. 

Much appreciated. 

Regards 

Elna

Dear DIrk,

Upon re-reading my first post I am concerned that I, in error, created the impression that the AOS procedure was in my instance only a two week procedure.

To clarify :

My Son handed in the initial forms to CentreLink on 16 February.

Six weeks later, on 28 March he was notified by CentreLink that they had accepted him as an assurer and that he now needed to arrange with Commonwealth Bank to provide CentreLink with a bank guarantee.

The  guarantee was finalized on 1 April and twelve days later CentreLink confirmed that they have accepted the AOS and that they have forwarded it to immigration.

So yes, it was in fact almost a two month process.

Regards,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for clearing that up, Graham. 

My wife has been pestering me to clarify the info that you originally gave us. I did however assume what you have just confirmed. 

It makes perfect sense now. Thanks again! 

We were looking at about a 2 month processing time for Centrelink. 

It assists one's planning to know the time frames, even if it's just approximately. 

Your CO should contact you any minute now. Please let us know when that happens.

I presume your 2nd VAC money is already saved at a Commonwealth bank so your son can get a bank cheque from them to send to PVC when your CO requests it?

Regards, 

Dirk

• Like 1

Good morning Guys and Gals.

Thank you Dirk and JaneandGraham for clearing up a couple of points for us. 

@Dirk. I know how your wife feels and have been trying to keep as busy as possible with sewing and packing and gardening. (We have still not sold out house which turned out to be a huge blessing especially for my Kittycat to enjoy her total freedom for much longer than anticipated) and also because my husband is lucky to be working still and we live close to his work and miss all the traffic in the mornings. 

I suppose we will only hear from Immi at about end of July.... do you more or less agree with my calculations Dirkz?

Looks like it is going to be another glorious autumn day. Enjoy people! 

Have a great 1st of May!

Thanks so much again for the info and @Mara - thank you!!. ?

On 4/9/2017 at 7:05 AM, Elna57 said:

Name Date Lodged CO Medicals AOS started Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014   19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017    
Elna57 25 Feb 2015            
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015            
data 9 May 2015            
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015            
JTN 10 Jul 2015            
JIG 1 Nov 2015            
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015            
Jarryd13 Jun 2016            
PatPar Nov 2016            
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016            

Just an update on the progression list for what it's worth. 

A pity that most of the old members have disappeared. Probably due to the more important issues of actually preparing for the big move towards the end!

And yes Elna, if all goes to plan you should hopefully be getting an email from PVC towards the end of July :)

• Like 2

@Elna57 @Dirkz @JaneandGraham 

Very exciting updates, thank you ? 

@Elna57 it'll be interesting watching your progress - I'm 4 months after you and keeping fingers and toes crossed that I'll receive an email from PVC end Oct. 

(MomMuerte changed to Onthemove :D:ilikeit:)

enjoy the remaining long weekend

• Like 1

Being optimistic for end Oct :whome:, probably 1 or 2 months later. 

• Like 1

In reply to Dirk.......certainly, I will let you know of my progress and yes, the funds are already in Commonwealth Bank awaiting further instructions.

I, like the rest of the group, did not anticipate the delay and was organizing my life around a twenty four month process.

In this regard I may have created a problem for myself because I did my medical in June last year. It was necessary for me to undergo my annual Aviation Medical Examination and I noted the the Aviation Examiner was also an approved Examiner for Australian Immigration Authorities. I wrote to the PVC team and asked if it was premature for me to undergo their test at that point in time because it would be convenient for me to have the two tests done on the same day. In reply they sent me the HAP numbers.

The medical certificates are valid for year and mine expires in June. I am really hoping to sorted in May otherwise I might find myself in the position of redoing the medical examination.

Cheers,

Graham.

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic