Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi All

Sorry to be the bearer of  some negative news - I just checked the " Processing Times " website and found that the 143 visa application as at 31st May 2017 will now take between 35 and 39 months. This could be the result of the NCP's converting to CP's .

Thank you for the discussion and reports regarding the Forms 80 and 47 -

@Donovan83 - 

Re - Payment  - I think if you are paying in Australia then they will accept a cheque. We paid from SA so only credit card was acceptable - best to check with DIBP

Re - Documents - according to our immigration consultant all docs sent must be original - use DHL to get signed forms back to you in OZ.

Re - Certification - I am not sure if you can.  

• Like 1

It's demoralizing to see the waiting time increase :(

We are now only at just over 31 months and our kids and grand children need us so much at this stage of their lives.

My wife tells me about someone on Facebook who's mother changed from Aged Parental Visa (NCP) to CPV a year ago after waiting two years in the NCP line and just got her visa now. So it's true that those who change over from NCP visa to CPV get pushed in front of us if their initial application was before ours (as JTN suggested above). And that contributes to the increase in waiting time!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 5:03 AM, Donovan83 said:

Hello everyone, 

I hope you don't mind if I ask one or two adminny type questions about a CPV I am looking to submit on behalf of my parents :)

Just a few short questions:

• Payment - am I correct in assuming that DIBP would accept a bank cheque as payment, as long as it is submitted along with the application forms at time of lodgement? Is there any way to pay by credit card?
  • Signatures - is it necessary to submit the original signed application forms, or would scanned in copies suffice? I only ask because it would save quite a lot of time and money for me to complete the forms, send them electronically to my folks in South Africa where they can print, sign and scan them in to me. I will then print and submit them. 
  • Certification of supporting documentation - I am able to certify the copies of their birth certificates, however, would the DIBP have an issue with the fact that I am connected to them, and therefore require an independent third party to certify the documents?

Would greatly appreciate anyone's input on this :) 

@Donovan83

We paid by credit card and it wasnt a problem at all. There is special provision on the form for the option and you have to fill in your credit card number etc.

I think original signatures would be required. There is a company by the name of The Courier Guy whuch is very reliable and quite cheap. They collect the ducuments right at your doorstep and you can track them the whole time. They also have a once off service so one doesnt need to open an account with them.

Regarding the certification.... I don't think anyone on this forum would be able to answer that question or be qualified to do so. However, I am not sure whether you know this, but back in South Africa most S A post Offices now have a commissioner who can certify documents if going to a police station is inconvenient.

Hope this helps.

Regads

Elna

PS: Get those applications lodged ASAP. It is taking really long now 35 to 39 months to processs the CPV.

@Dirkz

It seems a bit unfair but I suppose there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.  We were willing to pay the much higher fee right from the beginning and I do not think we are earning any interest on the first VAC.

I was really so disheartened by the news that the processing times have now been changed to 35 to 39 months.

This could mean that we wont be spending Christmas with our son yet again.:(

My husband has resigned from work because he feels it is not fair to keep his employers in the dark or things hanging in the air, not giving them ample opportunity to find a replacement.

There are so many factors to take into consideration when making this big decision, I am sure none of us have done so without weighing our options carefully. But then, right when we think our turn to shuffle along has finally arrived, a kick in the teeth. And boy, does it hurt!

Well, we will keep our chins up and keep hoping and praying for miracles.

Have a great week Guys and Gals.

Keep smiling.

• Like 1

This is in reply to DGT :

I started the process in June 2014 - three years later now and I really cannot recall the precise circumstances regarding the Form 80. 

I can only assume that at the time it was a requirement that Form 80 be completed.

I was negligent because I did not make copies of the Form 80 which was submitted in 2014. 

Dirk has already mentioned the importance of keeping copies of all documentation.

Regards to all and I was sorry to learn that the processing time is expanding.

Graham.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 5:15 PM, DGT said:

Good news Ashmount.Well done.

I did not submit Form 80.

Dirkz and JaneandGraham, did you submit Form 80?

@DGT

Form 80 will be requested along with your medicals and police clearances.

Start gathering all the information and get it ready just in case. It is quite a mission to gather all the info if you happen to have quite a few siblings or an extensive career at different companies.

It will keep you occupied for a while. :lol:

@JTN.

I didnt mention in my last reply re the visitor visa. Everything is done online now and a couple of days or so later after submitting the documents, one receives an email requesting one to go for the Biometrics.

@Elna57  I too feel disheartened at the somewhat unfairness towards those who had applied for the CPV from the outset, because it was the quicker route/option of joining our kids, despite the much higher cost. Now with NCP switching to CPV and still retaining their original lodgement date is proving detrimental to us.  Beyond our control :(  :cry:

We must remain focused and positive - time will sort itself out - our turn will come and then we'll be only looking forward to a great future. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 8:42 AM, Elna57 said:

@Onthemove. Yes our kids over there are so clued up on Aussie stuff. I am going for a quick visit soon. My poor old heart is missing him too much. He assured me that he qualifies as an assurer so I trusted him. I should ask him and revert to you how he calculated that. 

@Elna57  hi Elna,

a quick question: was your son agreeable to disclosing how he calculated his qualifying as Assurer and AOS with so many varying criteria to take into account?  Would appreciate his insight, though would understand if not. 

Thank you in advance 

• Like 1

@Onthemove

This link explains it kind of the best way. Hope it helps.

https://imminews.com.au./2016/07/19/assurance-of-support-aos/

hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I applied 143 visa for my parents in nov 2015. Seems like processing has gone to more than 3 years now.

I have been reading all posts. If i am not wrong, only Ashmount is closer to get application finalise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@Donovan83

We paid by credit card and it wasnt a problem at all. There is special provision on the form for the option and you have to fill in your credit card number etc.

I think original signatures would be required. There is a company by the name of The Courier Guy whuch is very reliable and quite cheap. They collect the ducuments right at your doorstep and you can track them the whole time. They also have a once off service so one doesnt need to open an account with them.

Regarding the certification.... I don't think anyone on this forum would be able to answer that question or be qualified to do so. However, I am not sure whether you know this, but back in South Africa most S A post Offices now have a commissioner who can certify documents if going to a police station is inconvenient.

Hope this helps.

Regads

Elna

PS: Get those applications lodged ASAP. It is taking really long now 35 to 39 months to processs the CPV.

Hi Elena / Donovan83

Regarding the Certification - please check with consultant - DIBP do not accept Police Station / Post Office - they want it done by Attorneys / Accountant etc.

• Like 1

Hi all, new to this site.

Nannandbaz - we applied  for 143 and received receipt of application on 25 June 2015

• Like 1

Welcome GSB733 and Nannandbaz to the forum.

GSB733  -  Dirkz is also in line to get the visa - I think they waiting for the AOS to be issued. Next in line thereafter is Elna in this forum.

Elna - thank you for the information - still a long to go before we decide. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the new members on the forum. 

Yes the latest visa times are a bit disappointing to say the least. But I'm sure it's not DIBP's fault. They can't control the amount of applications and are only allowed so many per annum. So all we can do is be patient. 

Our children are feeling the same as us and can't wait for us to come. Every often they want us to pack up, store our stuff and move. But then we have to remind them that although that is possible, it entails a lot more organizing and risks. The most theft from moving is between your house, the storage and the container. Then you have to let WA Parents know that you changed your address to Australia and finally arrange with them to issue your 143 visa while you hop offshore on your visitors visa, to activate the 143 visa when you re-enter Australia again.

In the mean time you won't have medical insurance (Medicare) and can't really work (no PR), can't activate your bank account? (no PR), etc. until your 143 visa is issued. 

So we've decided to hang on and wait it out. Eat out a lot because we can afford it in SA. Just convert it to AU$ and see how cheap it is. Enjoy!!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thank you Graham and Elna57 for clarifying your experience with Form 80.

Welcome to the new members on this forum.

• Like 1

Yes Dirkz we also often contemplate simply staying in Aus on our Visitors Visa while waiting for our 143.

One of the issues is the medical insurance. We presently have a very good medical plan with Discovery health. The problem however, is that one is not covered on a medical plan if you are out of SA for longer than 90 days. Rather expensive to keep the Discovery going while away and to take out an additional separate private medical cover for the period after the initial 90 days....unless we are prepared to visit SA every 90 days to keep the Plan active.!

I think it will be very risky, if not irresponsible to cancel the SA Med Plan and to rely fully on the Private med while in Aus. What happens if the 143 is eventually refused and we have to go back to SA?Then you sit with no Medical Plan in SA ! and will have to wait for certain exclusions to expire before getting cover again.

• Like 1

Dirkz you can open a Bank Account in Australia as long as you can provide an address where you will be staying in Austalia (eg your children's address).You obviously wont be able to provide the bank with your Aus Income Tax number,but that is taken care of in the banking regulations. Banks will simply deduct the tax on the interest (if any) at a pretty steep rate.You can deduct the tax paid in Aus from your tax payable.in SA.

• Like 2

@gsb733 and @Nannandbaz.

Welcome to our thread. Hope you will enjoy time spent with us. 

@DGT

Your info re a bank account is correct. I recently did that and remembered to give my son full signing power on the account since he will need to do all our payments on our behalf. The young man who opened the account for me asked a whole lot of questions but the whole process took no longer than 30 minutes. What a pleasure to deal with someone who knew exactly what he was doing and could even offer my son some very good advice about the AOS process etc.

@JTN

A whole lot of us would be in big trouble if DIBP did not accept certified copies done by our local SAPS or Post offices. It depends on whether one is applying from within or outside of Australia. The DIBP website clearly states : "Any person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live can certify documents."  If one applies from within Australia there are diffrent rules.

Hope this clears things up. (Anyone with info re this matter that differs from the above, please do share.)

Roomies, I cried for about 10 minutes on my flight back but asked myself whether I was crying because I had to leave my son or Australia. When I realised that it was because I had to leave Australia, it was such a shock that I immediately stopped crying and started praying for the day when I can book my one way ticket and will never have to leave Aus again. 

I had a fantastic time. I got lost so many times taking the wrong bus that I had to walk much more than I anticipated but shedding 2 kilograms of weight in the process was such a bonus. 

Grandpuppy also enjoyed our daily walks although it rained a lot, there were times when we could go for a quick walk when it stopped raining for a few minutes.

You all have a great week!

Regards

Elna

Name Date Lodged Meds and forms req Medicals done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted?
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017    

Colgill 1 Oct 2014                
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 16 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2nd Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017        
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                
gsb733 Nov 2015                
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                
PatPar Nov 2016                
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                

9 March 2017 Immi processing 22 Sept 2014.                  
1 May2017 Immi processing 3 Oct 2014     23 days -11 days processed            
29 May immi processing 13 Oct 2014     29 days _10 days processed.            
20 Jun2017 DIBP processing 13 October 2014.                  

@Dirkz and @Ashmount

We are anxiously awaiting news from you :) We need two more "granted" on our page soon to keep our spirits up :)

• Like 1

Welcome back Elna.

Yes I'm getting used to acquaintances asking me why I'm still here....

Still waiting for our AoS to be finalized. It's been 9 weeks since my son did the AoS and yet no reply from them. He has tried to phone them 3 times now and gave up every time after more than one hour of holding on. 

So we just relax and wait patiently. 

Ashmount should have gotten their visa already. Excited for their sake!

• Like 2

Hello Roomies and welcome back Elna,

We are still waiting patiently.  Reading Jane & Graham's post of 5 June re his brother tracking the progress, it looks like 30 June they will ask us for the payment.

Will advise you all as soon as we have progressed to hopefully the final stage.

Our feeling is that they are waiting on 1 July for the new quota to come into effect.

• Like 1

Hi Elna

Welcome back to SA - don't worry you will be soon out of here.

Thank you for the info, however we were only following instructions from our immigration consultant.

While in OZ did you have Medical insurance? If so any idea what costs for 2 ( 66 - male and 60 female ) 

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic