Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Onthemove. 

I noticed as well that the particular site (yes, I was the guilty party) :D... stopped working. This is another one and a teeny Google search should take you to it but like I said, it is not too much of a help. Just a reminder that we are only a very small percentage of applicants. 

Sometimes, I need to just remind myself of that fact and try not to focus too much on the when and keep working hard on all the little things that still need to be sorted out and arranged before the big email arrives. 

• Thanks 1

@Dirkz. 

Sorry, my ranting was all about people riding on the backs of all of us putting ourselves 'out there' in the public domain for a long time and then some who have never participated, complaining  about their experience.  It was not my intention to put Immi in a bad light... I know that they have a very big task at hand. My point is, if you choose not to be part of a community for a very long period of time, is it appropriate to complain about other people's time line? Taking into consideration as well that each individual case is different. Apologies if I did not clearly state what I was ranting about . Again,as I have stated, it was NOT on our little thread that this has happened. Apologies all. 

• Like 1

@Elna57 please it was just a general comment to pacify any members that might get too impatient with immigration not to put any blame on immigration. You didn't do anything wrong. You are keeping this thread alive!

I can really relate to being in a tight spot lately due to our visa being delayed by AOS not supplying us with an acceptance letter for our AOS! We have a tennant moving into our rental the end of the month and my son has pestered Centrelink for the AOS Acceptance of Assurance Letter for some time. In the mean time we've decided to book flights for the end of the month and are flying out on the 29th. 

We subsequently got the AOS letter which I forwarded to our CO. She was on the ball and immediately requested us to pay the second VAC, which my daughter did this morning. My daughter has sent the bank cheque express post to VAC in Perth. We trust now that our CO will be able to get it in time and process the PR visa within 2 days so we can go through customs with our PR visa next Wednesday when we arrive in Australia. 

Our packers are arriving tomorrow to pack and the container gets loaded on Friday.

Extremely tense and busy time now to get all the last stuff sorted. Will keep you updated :)

• Like 3

@Dirkz. 

Oh wow! That  is great news. 

Pop in every now and then. We are going to miss you.

14 hours ago, Dirkz said:

@Elna57 please it was just a general comment to pacify any members that might get too impatient with immigration not to put any blame on immigration. You didn't do anything wrong. You are keeping this thread alive!

I can really relate to being in a tight spot lately due to our visa being delayed by AOS not supplying us with an acceptance letter for our AOS! We have a tennant moving into our rental the end of the month and my son has pestered Centrelink for the AOS Acceptance of Assurance Letter for some time. In the mean time we've decided to book flights for the end of the month and are flying out on the 29th. 

We subsequently got the AOS letter which I forwarded to our CO. She was on the ball and immediately requested us to pay the second VAC, which my daughter did this morning. My daughter has sent the bank cheque express post to VAC in Perth. We trust now that our CO will be able to get it in time and process the PR visa within 2 days so we can go through customs with our PR visa next Wednesday when we arrive in Australia. 

Our packers are arriving tomorrow to pack and the container gets loaded on Friday.

Extremely tense and busy time now to get all the last stuff sorted. Will keep you updated :)

woooohoooooo that is such wonderful news!!! happy dance!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@Dirkz. 

Oh wow! That  is great news. 

Pop in every now and then. We are going to miss you.

Hi Elna, 

could you update your little table.... your next!!! 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 6:31 PM, Ashmount said:

@Dirkz  I feel your anxiety as we felt exactly the same.  I think when it reaches your date and you know it is imminent, that period is more stressful than waiting the 33 months.  But once you receive the email you will be so relieved and forget about all the stress.

We leave on 17 September and the packers come in to pack on 11 and 12th Sept.  Last minute preparation being done.

Hang in there we are all behind you.

wooohoo it is so exciting seeing everyone booking flights! safe travels :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the support! We do need it. Tensions are running high, especially between spouses in the house :rolleyes:

The worst is all the last minute cleaning and also sorting what can fit into a suitcase for 2 month's use!

And when you're out the house with no more wifi ....... must use expensive cellular data for a while.

And staying with friends until you can fly to your kids. 

• Like 1

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017       25 Aug 2017
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                
gsb733 Nov 2015                
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                
PatPar Nov 2016                
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                

@Dirkz

Congrats!!

Visa granted on Friday!!!!

All due respect and gratitude to the nice people at PVC who assisted us in getting the visa before we left. They received the 2nd VAC early Friday morning and issued the visa the same day!

We leave PE tomorrow and Jhb on Tuesday. In Aus on Wednesday😊

Packing of the container also had it's tight moments and got filled almost to the brim. But all goes well for those who live in faith!

Enjoy your weekend. We certainly will 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. 

Getting rooted out of one's comfort zone is not ideal at our age, but we're just looking straight ahead with eye flaps not looking sideways. 

Said goodbuy to last dear friends of 40 years today and flying to Jhb tomorrow to see last of family. 

At least all our children and grand children can't wait for us to arrive in Aus. And that's the whole reason why we're going. 

If anything unexpected occurs which I think could be of benefit to this wonderful forum group to know, I'll let you know. 

Keep your heads up - your time will come (sooner or later). 😊

• Like 3

@Dirkz Congratulations wishing you all the best in your new country. Safe travels. We follow shortly 🍾🍾

Edited by Ashmount
  • Like 1

Dear Dirk and family,

I am very pleased to hear your news - very many congratulations.

Regards,

Graham.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support. 

There are lots of good people on this thread.

@Ashmount All the best with the packing and last sorting out things. All I can say is that there will probably still be things that you didn't think about, that's not on your list of to-do's. 

We are even now scrambling in Pretoria to sort out last problems with banking. 

@JaneandGraham Thank you. How are you doing living out of your suitcases? We are leaving with one suitcase each!

• Like 1

Well done DirkZ. All the best to you and your family in your new Country.

Thank you once again for you inputs on the forum over the past months.

My wife and I are presently spending time with our children and grand children in Perth.

All I can say is that it is FANTASTIC to be here and we cant wait to spend the rest of our lives in this place!!! We realize that we will miss our family and friends ,but to be here ,in these surroundings, is indescribable.

• Like 1

Dear roomies,
This is not a post to make you envious, but rather to inspire and encourage you for your life ahead.
I’m typing this while sitting on the plane an hour or two away from landing in Sydney, looking forward to the customs officer consulting  his computer and seeing that we are actually entering on a one way visa.
First let me encourage you to take some chances. We booked our flights through Travelstart and Qantas to Aus, taking the shortest flight to Sydney and the Gold Coast. Shortly after we received our booking confirmation from Qantas, we got an invitation email from Qantas to upgrade to business class by making an offer (between AU$450 and AU$2500/person). Thinking that it was one way and probably the only time we might ever fly business class, we took the chance and put in a very low offer ($500 each) and  24 hours before departure received an email that our offer was accepted!! We arrived at O R Tambo early and after checking in spent time in the Shongololo lounge, drinking champagne and eating good food (part of flying business class).
So this morning, after a good night’s rest (sleeping horizontally) and good food and wine, we feel very blessed and excited to start our new life in our new country. 
We did feel emotional and sad to leave our beloved South Africa when the Boeing 747 left Johannesburg behind last night, but as I’ve said before, we just keep looking ahead. We’ve made our choice and we’re going to make the best of what lies ahead of us. Especially sad and traumatic was my wife’s saying goodbye to her sister who lives alone and is quite emotional and attached to her. When we saw Jhb disappearing below us we were wondering if we’ll ever come back….  As I’ve responded to that question to others, never say never :)

This thread that Elna started is precious and serves to share information, experiences and encouragement. Keep it up and support it in a positive manner. I’ll post this when I have time and internet and try to keep in touch to share our experiences in the future, even if just to keep you busy by reading all my rambling. Sharing ideas and experiences causes time to fly by quicker, not so?

Keep your heads up! Kind regards, Dirk and Elmarie.

• Like 2

Congratulations Dirkz, what a relief it must have been. Thank you for all your detailed information you provided us with.

I hope that you and your family have smooth settling in OZ.

Best wishes. 

• Like 1

@Dirkz

What a lovely, encouraging post. We have been filled with so much uncertainty recently, your words gave me real comfort. We are lucky to have our visas (190) so I really am grateful. The courage it takes to do this thing is something we should all acknowledge.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 1:59 PM, DGT said:

Marchhawker,thanks forproviding me with extra the date as well as the interesting info regarding the possible temp cancellation of the Non Contr Visas in 2014.

Looks like after DirkZ,Elna57 is our our next beacon .!

@DGT Doesn't look like much of a beacon at this stage. :rolleyes: Not a word from Immi yet and my nerves are shot. I am still hoping and praying to be in Aus by Dec this year. We have been in the waiting room for 30 months and a couple of days now. I sent an email to WA parents this morning and the date is still stuck on 25 Nov 2014. Hopefully we will see some movement again soon.

@Dirkz Exciting times ahead mate! Enjoy every minute and please keep visiting us with updates. Thanks for encouraging us and all the info.

Yes Marchhawker ,I was also hoping that they were waiting for the "new" month before they updated their progress.

Lets hope that there is a nice big chunk of applications taken off the heap above (or below?) our files when they next report their progress.

• Like 1

PVC is still on 25 Nov 2014.

However I checked back and I can see that they did not update any of the other Subclasses on our page since I Aug 2017 either.This obviously means that they are not necessarily behind on the 143,but that they have just not updated the whole site yet....Lets hold thumbs.

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic