Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

In this case I had an invite for a Client of mine that I lodged in Jan 2017. 
But as a Registered Migration Agent this is also something we often comment on among ourselves to keep ourselves up-to-date - especially visas such as this one given its timelines.

• Like 1

Thanks T 
This is so good to know! 

On 10/5/2022 at 8:01 AM, TeeTMI said:

Hurray, processing of SC143's has finally reached applications lodged January 2017!

1 hour ago, TeeTMI said:

In this case I had an invite for a Client of mine that I lodged in Jan 2017. 
But as a Registered Migration Agent this is also something we often comment on among ourselves to keep ourselves up-to-date - especially visas such as this one given its timelines.

Finally, after 6 long years, my parents 143 visa was granted this morning. They were in the country when we were notified to pay the 2nd VAC, and we had hoped they wouldn't need to have to exit the country, but they did have to for them to be able to process the visa, so they left yesterday, and the visa grants came through this morning.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, acmac said:

Finally, after 6 long years, my parents 143 visa was granted this morning. They were in the country when we were notified to pay the 2nd VAC, and we had hoped they wouldn't need to have to exit the country, but they did have to for them to be able to process the visa, so they left yesterday, and the visa grants came through this morning.

Congratulations, that is wonderful news!

• Thanks 1

Excellent news. 

This week we had an interim Oct budget (following the election of the new government).  The government have announced that they are increasing the quota of Parent Visas to be issued in this year (July 2022 to June 2023) from 4,500 (year 2021-22) to 8,500 - that is similar to the levels we saw in 2017-18. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tee, quick question re visa 143. We submitted our police clearance, medicals and AOS about 4 weeks ago. Any idea how long we can wait for further communication from the Australian government? Would appreciate some idea as of course we are sitting with bated breath. Six years + has been a long wait and I suppose a few more weeks shouldn't be an issue, but I am sure you know how all of us feel that applied for parental visas so long ago.

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, PatPar said:

Hi Tee, quick question re visa 143. We submitted our police clearance, medicals and AOS about 4 weeks ago. Any idea how long we can wait for further communication from the Australian government? Would appreciate some idea as of course we are sitting with bated breath. Six years + has been a long wait and I suppose a few more weeks shouldn't be an issue, but I am sure you know how all of us feel that applied for parental visas so long ago.

Thanks in advance!

The processing time can vary a little - probably depending upon their work load at any point in time. 
Hang on in there, I know it is frustrating, but you're almost there.   Such a relief to get to these final stages. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PatPar said:

Thanks Tee, appreciate your reply. We'll try to be a little more patient parents once again (or still), LOL.😊

LOL - I bet you are checking your emails repeatedly 🙂 

Constantly checking our emails! Even our spam mail. We've had another notification, or at least our son in Australia has - he received a letter today from Centrelink asking for additional info, so it is a small step forwards... hopefully.

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, PatPar said:

Constantly checking our emails! Even our spam mail. We've had another notification, or at least our son in Australia has - he received a letter today from Centrelink asking for additional info, so it is a small step forwards... hopefully.

Any update yet PatPar?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all of those waiting sorry for posting negative news -the Dept of Home Affairs have updated their Processing times for Parent Visas.

The SC143 processing has reached March 2017. 
But they are now stating that, based on the backlog, new applications may take 12 years.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

When you say they have reached March 17, does that mean the date the visa was first lodged are now receiving a case officer or these lodged then are now fully processed and or approved?

On 2/9/2023 at 10:19 AM, vanSchoorFamily said:

When you say they have reached March 17, does that mean the date the visa was first lodged are now receiving a case officer or these lodged then are now fully processed and or approved?

The Dept of Home Affairs wording is:

As at 31 December 2022, we have released for final processing:

Contributory Parent visa applications with a queue date up to March 2017

The final stages can have different timelines for individual applications as there are a variety of things that need to be undertaken.

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 1

Last time it was Dec 2016 and now it’s moved to Mar 2017 . That looks quite positive … 

The 12 years waiting period is only for new applications I guess , if you have applied already no need to worry too much . Any thoughts guys ?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:53 AM, andrew98 said:

Last time it was Dec 2016 and now it’s moved to Mar 2017 . That looks quite positive … 

The 12 years waiting period is only for new applications I guess , if you have applied already no need to worry too much . Any thoughts guys ?

It can vary considerably over time depending upon the number of applications in front of you and quotas.  It may take a while to get past May and June 2017 as a lot of applications were submitted around that time. 

There is currently a Petition to Parliament that your sponsors might like to sign?

https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN4798/sign

'Petition EN4798 - Parent visa annual places and processing times' requesting the following: 

'Parent visa processing is out of control. Many applied when processing times were 2 or 3 yrs. It is now 12 yrs & growing. Many will die in the queue and/or not succeed with the application as changes to health increase with age. Research shows grandparents positively influence their grandkids. The processing times have blown out to unreasonable times, robbing Australian children from relationships with their grandparents. The system is broken & breaking more. It needs urgent fixing!
Petition Request
We therefore ask the House to increase the annual places to match the demand & to process the backlog urgently
.'

Note that it can only be signed by - a resident or citizen of Australia who is not a current Member of the House of Representatives.  Therefore, you might like to ask your Sponsoring Child or other Australians that are keen to see you arrive to sign this.

It is opened for signatures for 1 month, just opened today - the Closing date for signatures is 15 March 2023

https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN4798/sign

Edited by TeeTMI

Hi Guys , it’s has mentioned the queue assessment date is until September 2018 . What does that mean ? Does it mean they have started processing until September 2018 ? But we have applied in Feb 2018 , but we haven’t got any acknowledgment 

18 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Hi Guys , it’s has mentioned the queue assessment date is until September 2018 . What does that mean ? Does it mean they have started processing until September 2018 ? But we have applied in Feb 2018 , but we haven’t got any acknowledgment 

You won't necessarily hear anything to say that the application is queued.  

Hi, 

I applied for 143 visa for my mother a couple of years back and since then some of my details have changed, including

- my address

- my citizenship, and

- my wife's visa status

Can you please guide me on how to update the Immigration department regarding change of my details?

Thank you 

One of my friend wanted to apply for 143 visa from on-shore . Her parents in Sydney in visitor visa … their visa doesn’t have “No further stay condition ‘’ .can she apply for parents visa from Sydney . I understand when their visa is granted they need to be outside of Australia since this is an offshore visa . But can they apply from Australia if they don’t have no further stay condition in their current visa .They prefer to apply from Sydney since it’s easy to do the paper works . Can someone advise me is this valid … greatly appreciated.

On 2/19/2023 at 4:27 PM, andrew98 said:

One of my friend wanted to apply for 143 visa from on-shore . Her parents in Sydney in visitor visa … their visa doesn’t have “No further stay condition ‘’ .can she apply for parents visa from Sydney . I understand when their visa is granted they need to be outside of Australia since this is an offshore visa . But can they apply from Australia if they don’t have no further stay condition in their current visa .They prefer to apply from Sydney since it’s easy to do the paper works . Can someone advise me is this valid … greatly appreciated.

Can someone throw some light on this please 

Are they on a 600 or 870 visitor visa?

This is from immi.gov.au re Visa 143:

You must

have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway

• meet the balance-of-family test, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway or hold a Subclass 173 visa
  • have an Assurance of Support, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway
  • not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa

Note: The Department is not asking Family visa applicants to travel offshore at this time. A temporary concession to allow visas to be granted in Australia is available to eligible Parent visa applicants from 24 March 2021.

Have a sponsor

Hide 

You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor for this visa.

Usually you would be sponsored by an eligible child. If your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation.

We must approve the sponsorship.