Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Thanks Van …they are in visitor visa 600 … I have gone through those links previously… couldn’t find anything about whether they can apply for 143 visa from Australia  

When we applied in 2019, it stipulated that you had to be outside of Australia to apply. It doesn't say it anymore. I recommend contacting the helpline at the Australia Department of Home Affairs, they might be able to answer your question. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys , any updates on the movement . Looks like the queue is not updated after the  March 2017 submission , anyone has any news :)

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you in the queue - hopefully some positive news for you today?
Edit: nothing was said at the announcement today with regards to Parent visas - the below is reported in the media.

We are expecting some announcements today towards an overhaul of Australia's current Migration System

For those in Australia and able to watch we are expecting some announcements by the Minister Clare O'Neil (Minister for Home Affairs) today on the National Press Club (ABC TV)

'The government's Migration Review report states Australia’s migration system is “outdated” and does not meet Australia’s current or future skills needs, calling for a “long term and holistic” approach.'

'Changes to family reunion, skills recognition, and regional migration policies have been flagged ahead of the government’s release of its much-anticipated Migration Review.'

'Changes to migration legislation, as well as Parent visa arrangements are on the table, with the report recognising family reunion as “an important competent of a strong and stable economy.”
“However, migrants can wait up to 40 years to have their parents join them in Australia on a permanent basis.”
'

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/labor-poised-for-overhaul-of-broken-migration-system-review-handed-down-today/i9ohjugv3

Edited by TeeTMI

On the 20th April 2023 I was booked for the Citizenship interview and test, both have been successfully completed.

Shortly thereafter i received and email congratulating me on my successful completion and for me to look out for a ceremony invitation where I will need to voice my pledge, after which i will be a true Australian Citizen!!! 

It have been such an amazing journey that started in 2015!!!!  A long journey but so worth it!!!!!

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

For those of you in the queue - hopefully some positive news for you today?
Edit: nothing was said at the announcement today with regards to Parent visas - the below is reported in the media.

We are expecting some announcements today towards an overhaul of Australia's current Migration System

For those in Australia and able to watch we are expecting some announcements by the Minister Clare O'Neil (Minister for Home Affairs) today on the National Press Club (ABC TV)

'The government's Migration Review report states Australia’s migration system is “outdated” and does not meet Australia’s current or future skills needs, calling for a “long term and holistic” approach.'

'Changes to family reunion, skills recognition, and regional migration policies have been flagged ahead of the government’s release of its much-anticipated Migration Review.'

'Changes to migration legislation, as well as Parent visa arrangements are on the table, with the report recognising family reunion as “an important competent of a strong and stable economy.”
“However, migrants can wait up to 40 years to have their parents join them in Australia on a permanent basis.”
'

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/labor-poised-for-overhaul-of-broken-migration-system-review-handed-down-today/i9ohjugv3

That’s sound promising … anyone in this group applied after March 2017 contacted by case-officer ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Home affairs have updated the timeframe now it has moved from March 2017 to May 2017 , looks positive . 

however they have mentioned this statement as well … ‘’ If we have already released enough queued visa applications to meet the migration program outcomes for the year, we will not release any further visa applications in the current migration program year.‘’

• 3 weeks later...

Hello members ,

did anyone got email from home affairs regarding to update change of circumstances for visa 143 application ? Not sure whether this is a standard process 

17 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Hello members ,

did anyone got email from home affairs regarding to update change of circumstances for visa 143 application ? Not sure whether this is a standard process 

Yes, I have seen a couple of these in the last 2 days.  I don't usually, potentially a new policy just to remind people?  

3 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

Yes, I have seen a couple of these in the last 2 days.  I don't usually, potentially a new policy just to remind people?  

Are they sending to everyone . Or sending to people who applied within in a particular time frame ?

Andrew, I'd guess it's just a reminder to keep their data updated. I completed Form 929 when we sold our house and moved into a townhouse while waiting for our visa (change of address). I also completed Form 1022 when our parents passed away and one of our children got married (Notification of changes in circumstances). Just to make sure all our info at Immi Department - originally sent on Form 47PA - were up to date.

Hi there,  Yes I received it as well. As mentioned, it appears they are just keeping records up to date.

• 4 weeks later...

Home affairs has updated for June 30th … but no movement in the queue … sighzzz

• 3 weeks later...

I have a big question: My mom has to sell her home to pay for her visa once it comes - we are estimating another year or so waiting time. How long do we have to pay the final instalment for the visa once her visa is approved? I know we have to pay before it is granted, but how long does one have?

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

On 7/20/2023 at 5:32 PM, PatientlyWaiting said:

I have a big question: My mom has to sell her home to pay for her visa once it comes - we are estimating another year or so waiting time. How long do we have to pay the final instalment for the visa once her visa is approved? I know we have to pay before it is granted, but how long does one have?

@TeeTMI

16 hours ago, PatientlyWaiting said:

On 7/20/2023 at 5:32 PM, PatientlyWaiting said:

When you are asked to pay the second Visa Application charge you will be provided with 28 days to pay this.

You will get some lead up that it will be coming shortly prior to this whilst sorting out the Medicals/Police Checks and Assurance of Support.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @TeeTMI, a curious question … during the 143 visa medical checkup … how strict are with existing  medical condition . Understanding the parents would be above 70s when visa ready to be granted they may have age related diseases suck as , walking disabilities , cancer , cardiovascular diseases . For other normal PR applications they check how much those conditions would be a cost Burden for Australian society and they reject visa based on that  . Is it the similar guidelines for Parents visa 143 as well . Thanks :)

On 8/4/2023 at 1:12 AM, andrew98 said:

Hi @TeeTMI, a curious question … during the 143 visa medical checkup … how strict are with existing  medical condition . Understanding the parents would be above 70s when visa ready to be granted they may have age related diseases suck as , walking disabilities , cancer , cardiovascular diseases . For other normal PR applications they check how much those conditions would be a cost Burden for Australian society and they reject visa based on that  . Is it the similar guidelines for Parents visa 143 as well . Thanks :)

The current Medical for a Parent would be the same as for any Permanent Resident Application.  There are a number of aspects to the Health Criteria including the one that the individual should not have a condition that might result in 'Significant healthcare and community service costs'. 
The main concession for elderly would be that for individuals aged over 75 then they consider the cost (currently 'significant costs' would be <$51,000) over a 3 year period rather than 5 year.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/protecting-health-care-and-community-services

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much @TeeTMI I have another random question: does the parent visa currently require Covid vaccines as part of the health/stipulations?

22 hours ago, PatientlyWaiting said:

Thank you so much @TeeTMI I have another random question: does the parent visa currently require Covid vaccines as part of the health/stipulations?

Currently, and historically, there are no COVID vaccination requirements towards undertaking the Medical exam.  (At some points in time there were requirements when entering the country)

I have decided to take a break from being a Registered Migration Agent and so will no longer be able to provide advice in this thread. 
Wishing you all the very best with your visa applications and I hope that at some point you may see government policy changes that provide larger quotas at some point so that the process moves a bit swifter. 

All the best - I have enjoyed being part of and watching your journeys over the years and seeing so many of you get to the end of the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...