Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Anyone heard about the Immigration report that was I seem to recall due for release end of March 2022, specifically interested in the findings re the Contributory Parental 143.

we lodged in July of 2016 so we should be pretty close to a case officer now ( nearly 6 years later 🙈)

13 hours ago, Jarryd13 said:

Anyone heard about the Immigration report that was I seem to recall due for release end of March 2022, specifically interested in the findings re the Contributory Parental 143.

we lodged in July of 2016 so we should be pretty close to a case officer now ( nearly 6 years later 🙈)

Hope that you hear something really soon - this final time when you can see you are so close can drag out waiting for an email - hang on in there!

2022-23 Budget - the Minister of Home Affairs has made the following statement in respect of Immigration  (https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/AlexHawke/Pages/2022-23-budget-release.aspx)

I've posted a separate post in the general section but bringing in the parent visa quota here.  I haven't seen how this will be split yet - this is hot of the press from last nights budget speech the broader details will be released further down the line. 

The 2022-23 permanent Migration Program ceiling will be 160,000 places.  A return to a pre-pandemic composition of roughly two-thirds/one-third across the Skill and Family streams. 

Migration – Family stream
The Family stream will provide an estimated 50,000 places to support family reunion.

6,000 places will be available for Parent visas; and 500 places for Other Family visas.

NB: this is an increase in the number of parent visas from last year (4,500)

Edited by TeeTMI

• 1 month later...

Any news yet @Jarryd13? We are also July 2016 and the wait is long.  Are visas being processed, or are we in the 2022/23 round? Does anyone have any info?

• 2 weeks later...

For those waiting patiently.  We submitted 14 July 2016 and we have received our email to proceed further.  For those living in RSA, if you have not applied for police clearance, it would be wise to do so now if you are in the next couple of months. There is a backlog and a +- 12 week turn around time.

Thank you @TeeTMI for keeping us so well informed.  To the rest of you, it’ll be worth the wait.  Hang in there! 

• Like 2

Excellent news I hope everything moves forward smoothly for you.

Good day all . With labor party in power do you guys think there will be chances the queue for 143 visa will be moved fast :)

15 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Good day all . With labor party in power do you guys think there will be chances the queue for 143 visa will be moved fast :)

There has been little mentioned with regard to Migration in the election lead up.

For the queue to move quicker more yearly places would need to be allocated to the yearly quota of SC14 visa permitted.  (The Migration Year starts 1st July each year)

The Labor manifesto says little that would answer your query  https://alp.org.au/media/2594/2021-alp-national-platform-final-endorsed-platform.pdf

Building a stronger nation through migration
80. Labor believes that migration plays an integral role in building prosperity for all Australians. Labor's post-war migration program brought millions of people together to build a stronger country. It is one of Labor's proudest achievements. A strong but fair migration policy offers education, jobs, prosperity and citizenship, combined with opportunity, safety, security, rights and responsibilities. It provides the perfect recipe for a better Australia.
81. Australia is one of the most successful multicultural nations on earth. Labor will ensure Australia's migration favours permanent over temporary migration, to create a nation of people with equal rights and a shared interest in our national success.
82. The size and composition of Australia's migration intake will take into account net overseas migration, its effects on employment and training opportunities for Australian residents, demographic trends and other factors, while responding to current and longer-term economic needs.
83. Labor's priority is to ensure that job opportunities are offered to local workers first and that temporary migration will never be used as a means to undercut local wages, conditions and training opportunities. Skilled temporary migrants can help Australian businesses to thrive but will only be used where a verifiable skill shortage exists.
84. Labor will restore public confidence in Australia's temporary migration program and ensure that temporary migration does not adversely affect the employment and training opportunities for Australians, particularly young people who suffer from higher rates of unemployment and underemployment.
85. Labor will reform the regional migration program and encourage skilled migrants to take up jobs in rural and regional locations only where skill gaps exist. Migration programs such as Australia's Pacific labour mobility arrangements can also play an important part in Australia's international relationships and development assistance policies. As part of our commitment to the Pacific, we will review the Pacific labour mobility scheme to ensure Pacific islanders are given fair wages and are protected from exploitation.
86. Too often, temporary migrants end up exploited or underpaid with some employers abusing the system for cheap and disposable labour. Labor will always ensure that measures are implemented to protect all migrants from exploitation, including: a. requiring temporary migrants to be paid in accordance with Australian awards or enterprise agreements and to have their wages paid into an Australian bank account; b. ensuring temporary migrants are protected by Australian workplace law and are not exploited through sham contracting or unethical labour hire practices give them; and c. offering them 'whistle-blower' status if they are providing evidence of exploitation.
87. Labor will combat all forms of people smuggling, trafficking and exploitation—by boat, plane or other means—to ensure visa and work scams are not being used to gain access to Australia's labour market.
88. Labor will ensure that no migrant is 'permanently temporary'. We will align the permanent and temporary migration programs and ensure that, where appropriate, migrants have pathways to permanent visas and citizenship. We will encourage temporary visa holders to consider permanent residency where the visa holders are working under successful arrangements and have priority skills which are in shortage in Australia.

• Like 1

Greetings to all.  I have been watching this site for some while now and have found it most helpful.  Thank you for keeping it going.

I thought that I would pass on how things are going with my wife and I. All of our 4 children are Australian citizens and live in Australia.  We applied for the 143 visa on 30 June 2016, and this was acknowledged on July 6 2016.  Then there was silence ( as I am sure you all know!)  In April 2022 we received the "request for further documentation" (family celebrations +++).  For us this was:  SA police clearance; Australian police clearance (we have been in Australia on holidays for more than 12 months in the last 10 years); HIV testing ( We are currently in Australia and had had medicals and chest x-ray for our visitor's visa within the time period  required, so that they did not need to be repeated); and Assurance of Support.

SA Police Clearance:  We have kept these up to date over the last 3 years, but my wife's one did not have her maiden name on it, so this had to be corrected - needed a phone call to Pretoria,. but they did it within 3 days)

Aus Police Clearance:  My wife's took 3 days and mine about 1 month.

HIV testing:   This seems to take a very long time in Australia.  It can only be done at specific places and most sites in Eastern Australia could only give appointments in 1 - 2 months time.  Fortunately we were in Queensland at the time and were able to get an appointment at Toowoomba 10 days later.  I suspect, but am not sure, that it could take a couple of weeks to get an appointment in SA also. (Done on e-medical)

Assurance of Support:  This has taken about 6 weeks to get - I am not sure why Centrelink has taken so long, but that is what happened.

With all this done, we have now (3 days ago) been notified that the visa has been approved and that the final payment (the big one) is due.  Then we will have to leave Australia, which is OK because we have to go back to the Cape to pack up, etc.

I thought that I would share briefly our journey - perhaps it will help someone else!

Dave G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys , looks like the queue is moved to Jul 2016 now . 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

It has mentioned in the page that there will be a queue date will be sent to applicants lodged before June 2018 , even though we have applied on Feb 2018 , we haven't received any queue date . Do you guys know how should be contact department about this . 

All Contributory Parent visa applications lodged before 1 June 2018 have been given a queue date of the application lodgement date and applications lodged

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note regarding police clearance. Remember that your maiden name and married name must appear on the certificate, ensure that you state this on your application form.

Good luck and once it happens things do move quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email today requesting medicals, police clearance and AOS to be done for my parents.  Had applied back in 30 August 2016. Hope that provides a little bit of hope to somebody.

They say reply to a certain email address with the requested documentation, but on doing so, I get a response email back saying don't reply to this email address?? Is that expected?

image.thumb.png.589749369cf20de2931bb84b2ba82d21.png

Edited by acmac

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, acmac said:

Got an email today requesting medicals, police clearance and AOS to be done for my parents.  Had applied back in 30 August 2016. Hope that provides a little bit of hope to somebody.

A quick update - things have been moving along quite well the last couple of months.  Really good to see some movement with the SC143 visas at last - all the best those of you who lodged in 2016.   

Just paid AoS on Friday and had realized my mom didn't have her maiden name on her police clearance certificate, so have had to arrange a new pcc 3 weeks ago so hoping that comes through soon. Once that comes through, that's all that is outstanding now and then hoping they can make a decision quickly. Can't believe it's taken 6 years to get here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys , just want to ask check on the AOS request . Do someone know the income threshold of the person to support two people . Also , do they see whether the assurer   having a permanent job , does having contracting job is fine ?

On 9/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, andrew98 said:

Hi Guys , just want to ask check on the AOS request . Do someone know the income threshold of the person to support two people . Also , do they see whether the assurer   having a permanent job , does having contracting job is fine ?

Tricky question about contracting job. Check out this website. Should get all the answers there

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/who-can-be-assurer-for-assurance-support?context=22051

On 9/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, andrew98 said:

The income threshold is a calculation based on a number of factors relating to your household. 

Currently a single assurer (no kids) with 2 assurees (assuming they meet the various criteria/assumptions within this calculation) is looking at a minimum income of $54,046.08.       

On 9/22/2022 at 12:30 AM, Bdupreez said:

They are now up to December 2016, we just got the email from a case manager and AoS request. 

Glad to hear wait is finally over for you. Can you advice me what date of december 2016 did you get your confirmation? Because we applied for ours in december 2016, but have received nothing yet.

thanks 

On 10/5/2022 at 9:01 AM, TeeTMI said:

Hurray, processing of SC143's has finally reached applications lodged January 2017!

Amazing news , is there a way to check these timelines :)

16 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Amazing news , is there a way to check these timelines :)

They are updated on the website occasionally  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

5 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

Oh yes , I checked that but it was mentioned until Aug 2016 , did mentioned anything Jan 2017

On 10/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, andrew98 said:

Oh yes , I checked that but it was mentioned until Aug 2016 , did mentioned anything Jan 2017

It is a bit behind.  

On 10/7/2022 at 9:37 AM, TeeTMI said:

TeeTMI, how do you know that they've reached applications lodged JAN '17?
We're currently hanging on every word as I'm sure many are..