189's lodged January 2015

mvluik

@ Beachball & EmNew --- hoping for some good news from you guys this week still!!!!

• Like 1

Wishing you all good thoughts and speedy answers.

The waiting is the WORST!

Does the response rely on your occupation maybe......?

• Like 1

Thanks mvluik need as much as we can get!

@louisemark not sure how they are affected at all, been battling to work out how they determine what still can't lol

May the force be with us all

• Like 1

@Louisemark -- it seems to me to have nothing to do with occupation --- seems like its a standard 8week wait for VPO from date of lodgement/payment.... a looong 8weeks!!!!

I contacted our agent this morning, as I had kept track of other forumites VPO to grant timeline, and the last one lucky recipient ( who was with same agent ) was granted a VPO the Friday and had visa the next Wednesday. We got our VPO on a Thursday so thought perhaps we were 'due' as it were.

His response was "I expect we will get a visa grant in the next week or so"........

• Like 1

I contacted our agent this morning, as I had kept track of other forumites VPO to grant timeline, and the last one lucky recipient ( who was with same agent ) was granted a VPO the Friday and had visa the next Wednesday. We got our VPO on a Thursday so thought perhaps we were 'due' as it were.

His response was "I expect we will get a visa grant in the next week or so"........

Em, what's the point of being notified that a CO has been allocated if the CO doesn't need anything extra before granting the visa? Why not just go straight to direct grant in that case?

Just when you think you can't take the waiting anymore you will get it. That was good advice from my sister. Just bear in mind that each case is individual and has it's own time frames. When we got our VPO I had set my mind on another 3 weeks or so as those were time frames I had seen. One forum member got their grant 24 hours later, ours was 2 days, another member was 2 months. Stay strong.....tomorrow might be your lucky day!

I go to bed every night now thinking tomorrow I may be winning the lotto!

That's the way I am keeping my head above the water as such oh and riding bicycles too lol!

I lodged on the 23rd Jan and was contacted by my agent yesterday (18/03/2015) stating that we have now been assigned a CO, so I'm hoping to have some good news shortly.

• Like 2

EmNew, Beachball & wraighle ---- maybe this week is your lucky week! Holding thumbs :-)

• Like 1

I am praying some biiiiig prayers!

Holding thumbs for everyone else as well.

Have a wonderful week guys.

• Like 1

Also praying & hoping that all goes well for the remainder of the January lodgers!

At this stage, I am just hoping that all is wrapped up nicely before the Easter long weekend.....

Yes, I know I am impatient, but waiting is something I have never been good at. I know people have waited months/years etc for that golden ticket as it were, but does that take away my right to express impatience at being so close, yet so far?

I actually am starting to think that they on holiday with cricket fever!

Super stressful at this stage.

Heads up guys when time is right it will all come together!

Shame guys

Vasbyt - it will happen. ;)

• Like 1

Got an email from the immi dept today. I contacted my agent who said that a case officer was assigned. The email was a bit cryptic so we weren't quite sure. We had applied for a 189 on jan 19. Excited, just hoping that it goes quickly from here.

• Like 1

That's sounds like good news Leor hopefully you get an approval soon!

Finally some positive movement on this thread!

Good luck!

@LeoR - great news. Getting closer to the end of the visa stage !

Just saw this post on FB... does this mean much longer waits!!!! Im hitting 8weeks now---still no VPO... waiting, waiting, waiting. .

"Skilled Nomination category: 2014 -15 programme numbers almost filled

Skilled Nomination visa places are close to being filled for the 2014 - 2015 migration programme year and while applications will still be processed, final decisions may be delayed. (MIA News)

Hi mvluik,

I saw TeeMi's post on this earlier today - only affects 190/489 visas ( not that that's any consolation )

I asked her about 189's and they shouldn't be affected as it's only nominated skilled visas.

Beachball may be right - they've must have taken off the WCC for a holiday - the last post I saw of anyone getting a visa was 04/03/2015.......

Then of course next week is the Easter long weekend, so as much as I hope all turns out well for all of us playing the waiting game at the various stages, I am not holding my breath...... :(

Edited by EmNew

I am so glad to see everyone feels the same way that I do!

How many times a day do you guys log into your immi accounts? LOL

@Beachball - I seem to wake up between 2 and 3 every morning now, so I check then, then I check when the 5am alarm goes off, and then around 8am too when Adelaide's offices close for the day....... so currently 3 times a day :blink:

And you?

Guys, interested to know why you're logging into IMMI to check - surely we'll receive an email once the grant is issued?

My immi account's default email is my agent's. So I don't want to wait until he's got to work, sorted through a million other queries, and then find out later in the day I got it. So I log in to see if the status has changed from 'in progress" to something else. ( what does it say when you get a grant? )

I only found out that I had a VPO at 3.30pm, when the email was sent to him at 2.30am our time......

If I want to add / change the email, I have to fill out more forms, jump through more hoops, and just don't have it in me to do that after all the forms/documents needed to get to this stage....

Edited by EmNew