189's lodged January 2015

mvluik

Great! Was yours also a 189?

Yes, I have also said we must start following up with our agent in the last week of Feb.

Let's hope we have some good news soon....could do with some. :ilikeit:

Hubby and I do not want to start selling our properties until we have visa, but do want to start ending things off here in SA....just waiting.

Know the feeling.

CO assigned 06 Feb. Asked for pcc's. Received it same day and submitted by evening.

No feedback yet......

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my....im waiting, im waiting, getting irritating! !! ... see most of the Dec apps have received grants--- congratulations to you all :-)

now the jan bunch should start with the happy news in march :-)..

Feel so in limbo---cant sell house which means one cant really plan forward...and everyone is asking questions- some people already excluding us... some people angry we're going...others just sad and withdrawing... really a lonely journey!

No one can prepare one for this immigration journey--- Im sure its one of the hardest things we'll ever do... just hoping it will all be worth it in the end!!! --- too late to turn back now---just have to make it work!

#sigh, this is hard

• Like 2

Waiting as well...I have called the agent a few times already even though its been just over a month since lodgement. hoping that we can get the good news soon. We decided to sell our house already...awaiting buyer to confirm bond...we were going to sell anyway regardless of this process.

Undoubtedly the toughest decision we have ever made...took me years to come to terms with actually doing this...and when we did, it has gone pretty quickly, and painfully slow at the same time...this last part is so loooooooong.

Good luck to us all!

• Like 1

I had such a positive feeling this morning that there would be some progress/good news today, but sadly not :(

So, back to playing my least favourite game - the waiting game. It would be great if we at least just got notification of VPO/CO appointment - it has been 6 weeks since our lodgement and nothing is outstanding from our side .........

I know our process started July 2014, and that in the scheme of things, this has been the shortest waiting period as it were, but it's the most frustrating so far, as all the boxes are ticked from our side - nothing more we need to produce/procure etc, unless the not yet appointed VPO/CO requests additional info. I thought I would be at the most peaceful about this stage as it's really out of our hands now, but finding it the most frustrating phase of all.

I think this weekend we need to decide whether to list house on the market end of March regardless of visa progress status.

Hi EmNew

I know the feeling it's such a hard frustrating time with not knowing what is going on.

I lodged 30 dec and got first correspondence from VPO/CO at 3am this morning requesting two additional documents.

So was just over 8 weeks so your email should be arriving very soon

Stay positive hope this time frame helps a little , interestingly we also started process last July by booking IELTS.

• Like 1

We lodged 23/12 and received news of VPO today from our agent.

Fingers crossed it will be soon now!

I am working very hard at being patient.....(not working!) :blush:

• Like 2

Hi all,

Can you guys assist / confirm for me. After EOI has been submitted and we (hopefully) get invite to apply for 189 PR visa...... do we have to pay the visa application fees for al 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids) at the same time that we submit the 189 application - the full amount of about R72 000?

Also how long after they send your invite back to apply for 189 do you actually have to submit your 189 application?

Is it best to submit PCC and Medicals together with 189 submission or wait until they request it?

Will appreciate your feedback...

Suri

Hi Suri

Will try help as much as I can,

Yes that's correct you will pay the full amount when applying for visa upfront.

If I can remember you have 60days from invite to apply for visa.

Some people wait for VPO to request docs and don't upload. Personally I started applying for PCC unbridged birth and marriage certificates early and immediately after applying for visa arranged medicals. I had all docs uploaded within 15 days of application. However I know when VPO requested docs you have 28 days to provide them.

This all depends on personal preference and time frame of each individual I have been pro-active to try speed it up

Hope this helps a little

Thanks MMG,

This confirmation really helps. We already have the Unabridged certificates, marriage certificates, Australian TRA Certificate (my husband). So except for the PCC and Medical Certificates, which other docs could they ask for that I can maybe start getting now already?

Can anyone tell me, once one is successful and get granted a 189 visa, how long before you have to go and have it activated / or move to Aus. I know you can activate it, fly back and move over in 5 yrs, but once visa is granted, does one normally have like 3 months to go activate or less or more? I presume it differs, but just an average. We will activate and come back if we have to, but ideally want to activate with our move.

Hi SLouw,

The activation is 1 year from date of your PCC's or medicals, which ever is earlier. So it is impossible to tell how long you may have once PR189 is granted to activation deadline. That is why it is advised to leave getting those 2 items to absolute last.

We for example had PCC's/Medicals done in Feb, but are still awaiting visa grant, so we're down to 11 months to activate, and the gap will narrow the longer the grant takes.

We also want to activate and move all in one go.......

Edited by EmNew
  • Like 1

Is the 189 visa permanent after activation? Can one stay in SA indefinitely and remain a resident of oz or is there a deadline attached to the visa for people outside oz in possesion of a 189?

Hi Marko

No it isn't. You have to settle in Australia within 5 years of the VISA being granted.

For example our grant letter states: That we must make our first entry before 1 October 2015 and we must not arrive after the 2nd of February 2020

• Like 1

Tick tock, tick tock this waiting game is hectic!

We lodged on the 30th of jan 2015 and doesn't matter how busy you are and try keep yourself busy it just seems we are permanently anxious and on edge in anticipation of when, what and how!

I suppose not much one can do!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

• Like 2

Uhuh....... We know exactly what you mean, Beachball !

We lodged 16 January, and haven't got a VPO/CO yet. I thought I would be calm at this stage, as it's out of my hands now, but check emails, immi account etc all the time to see if there is an update, check my phone for missed calls from our agent, and generally fret. Also trying to keep busy with work, and working on getting house in immaculate condition in anticipation of listing it, but find that my nerves are shattered, am very irritable and whatever patience I did have has left the building with Elvis !

Here's hoping that us January lodgers get some feedback soon......

Edited by EmNew
  • Like 1

EmNew --- if you lodged 16jan, this week marks 8weeks.... you should get your golden ticket soon soon soon :-) keep us posted (and encouraged) Im 2 weeks behind you :-)

• Like 2

Having a bad week here guys, tell me someone has some positive feedback even it is just a Co that's been assigned.

I think I have aged faster in the last 3 months.

Have a good day all.

@Beachball....I know what you mean........ Only learned this morning that Monday was a Public Holiday, so I guess it's a slow week at the DIBP......

Seems as if it's been ages since I read a new "I Got It" type post.........

The week is not over yet, and perhaps this Friday 13th will be a great lucky one for some of us that have lodged in 2015 ( holding thumbs, crossing fingers, and saying prayers )

We'll get there - been a long road indeed though ( perhaps it's practice for the real long roads ahead of us as we explore Australia's various territories in our soon to be new home :D )

• Like 1

Ok cool so it was a public holiday on Monday.

The other thing that I think is revving me up is that my agent hasn't uploaded anything on my application is it something I should do or wait for them to do?

One day!

As far as I understand. It states on immi that you have to upload as much of the docs as possible so that it speeds up the process for the VPO's. If all is correct then you might get a direct grant. If not you will receive a vpo which will give you 28 days to upload and place you back in the queue waiting for your docs...

Yus I am tempted to upload the docs!

Is there any harm in doing so?

I don't understand why M2O would not upload and wait for CO.

Sorry for being a little of topic here

@Beachball.....I had the same issues with the docs and my agent. BUT i have to say.....leave it to the agent. I was irritated that he had all the docs and had not uploaded them. I was about to upload them myself when we got a VPO. The letter states clearly from the VPO that they prefer communication via their specified email address. Our agent emailed all the documents immediately. That was Friday the 27th of Feb. We had the grant on Tuesday 3rd of March.

From my understanding of the 28 days from our agent, it means they give you 28 days from the date of contact to get any outstanding documents to the VPO. If you have all the docs they will more than likely check them out asap.

Our nerves do get frazzled at this stage of the game. I doubted my agent. Doubted our decision to apply etc etc. BUT if you have a good agent then trust him/her.

We lodged 23rd Dec. Got visa 3rd of March.

We're also with Migrate2Oz, but they do seem to have a positive outcome for all their applicants/clients. I think the frustration is waiting for a VPO - all other steps to get to this stage had shorter waiting periods compared to this.

I also wondered about the lack of documents uploaded on my immi account, but as LouiseMark stated in the post above, it seems as if there is some method behind what we see as madness ;), and M2O's way of dealing with it might shorten the process overall. I don't think that uploading documents online with application submission gets you a VPO any faster than their way of using direct emailing, but I may be wrong.

Let's just pray that we have as a great a VPO appointment to visa being granted turnaround period as LouiseMark :D