189's lodged January 2015

mvluik

@ EmNew - We did our medicals last week with Dr Marais at Tygervalley Intercare. The HIV test for two adults came to R371.60.

I have 3 kids and the oldest of 11 had to have xrays too and it all cost a pretty penny! I felt that the medicals were NOT worth the money but what can you do! They just checked the height, weight, blood pressure, urine and eye sight of all 5 of us and then 3 xrays and 2 blood tests. We were then looked over by the doc briefly.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but just reading the posts recently has made me more and more excited. So nice to interact with folks that know all of the lingo!! All we are waiting for still is our unabridged birth certificates and the police clearance then Aussie has all of our docs for the 189.

We lodged all the language test docs, skills assessments in Dec of 2014 to form the EOI and received our invitation a week later. Was so impressed at the quick turn around time. Submitted our online visa application on the 12th of Jan 2015.

For those that went through an agent and have already sent their documents to be loaded. What does your immi account say? We lodged end of August. Got a case officer early December and sent all our documents to the agent to load but when I log onto my immi account it still says "requested". The only one that says "received" is the medicals?

Think this is a problem?

For those that went through an agent and have already sent their documents to be loaded. What does your immi account say? We lodged end of August. Got a case officer early December and sent all our documents to the agent to load but when I log onto my immi account it still says "requested". The only one that says "received" is the medicals?

Think this is a problem?

Yes this is a problem. We lodged our own Visa and all the docs I attached says: Received!

@ Faduv - interesting prices. I just booked for our medicals today at the approved panel Dr at Intercare Tygervalley in Cape Town

R850 per consultation for adult ( R650 per child )

R570 per xray

and they won't quote on blood tests as 'they don't know which ones will be required' despite the referral letter stating HIV test....

We did our Medicals on Tuesday 20 Jan. Paid R800 / consultation pp. R700 / xray. Medicals were uploaded electronically from the Doc the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

Medicals in SA sound a lot cheaper than here in Aus. We paid $450 per person for medical exam, x-Rays and blood tests. Eish! With 5 people, that cost us a pretty penny!

Hi Guys

We lodged 190 PR Visa on 19 Dec and CO was assigned today, still need to submit remaining PCC. I guess whoever lodged around about then will be hearing for CO soon.

All the best for everyone awaiting to hear from CO or hoping for direct grants:-)

We lodged 20 Dec no CO yet. We are waiting for PCCs. This is week 4 for us, handed in applications for PCCs 12 Jan.

Hoped we would have had the PCCs by now and then maybe direct grant.......still hoping

Edited by Faduv

We lodged our visa app on 15 Dec and no CO yet, so we're hoping to get one soon.

Our PCCs were however finalised yesterday - only took 3 weeks (we got our initial sms from SAPS on 10 Jan).

• Like 1

Hope everyone gets their CO soon ... we still have a couple of weeks to wait :closedeyes:

Also just have to load PCC when finalized ... rest have been done! :ilikeit:

... Keep in Mind 190 gets preference to 189 ... :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by vanSchoorFamily

190 Lodged 20 Dec. CO asked today for our PCCs.

Have been waiting 4 weeks now for PCCs, so close yet feeling so frustrated. .....

Guys my brother (Stephen) works for Nevetec Police Clearance, I had problems with my maiden name not being inserted and my CO was assigned he sorted it out in one day and I was able to submit it. I also waited only 3 weeks for all 3 police clearances. I highly recommend them:-)

If you need his contact details feel free to send me a pm.

• Like 1

Agree. We just got confirmation that PCCs are finalised. God's timing is perfect. We will collect tomorrow and then submit over weekend. Hopefully our grant is only a couple of days away then.

Soooo happy for you

@Asherester1 -

1. How long did you wait after submitting your PCCs??

2. Did you just attach on the immi site or send and email to the CO as per the letter you received?? - our letter state to send to contact details e.g. Adelaide.gsm.team2@immi.gov.au

Thanks

I went with agent and he sent it to CO, I think that is what he had done.

We submitted the last 2 PCC yesterday, so it took less that 24 hours:-)

So we finally got the long awaited mail at 02h30 this morning after wondering when we would be assigned a CO , direct grant !!

Last week applied for new PCC with my wifes maiden name on and started completing Form 80 all in a panic after reading elsewhere on the forums we should do these in case .... I guess luck was on our side.

Brisbane here we come, planning to land end June.

Now its a whole new ball game with selling houses etc.

• Like 5

Congrats Capespearo!

Wonderful news Capespearo and asherester1!

Hopefully more Dec/Jan submissions will have Feb grant notifications soon!

Edited by EmNew

Congratulations all you DEC guys!!! What wonderful news... keeps all us still waiting JAN applicants hopeful :-)

Looks like turn around from submission to CO is currently about 8weeks...

Waiting waiting waiting... tick tock

We are still waiting. Lodged 23 Dec for 189 visa. Still have not heard a thing. No outstanding docs.

I must be honest......and getting a little impatient....would just like to know yes or no. Limbo is horrible. :o

@LouiseMark, we lodged 5 Dec with all docs frontloaded and received direct grant yesterday, so if you are in the same boat expect that e-mail around the end of the month.

Another week and we were going to start trying to call them ! :ilikeit: