189's lodged January 2015

mvluik

I think you guys are all right I am yet to find a failure for M2O so I will just be patient.

Keep praying for a good result here.

Thanks for everything guys much appreciated

I agree Emnew and I can't figure out the system for the VPO allocations. I remember Big Van and I lodged our VISA applications within days of each other. Both with M2O both on 189's. BigVan had a VISA before we even had a VPO. it definitely wasn't related to points, the only thing I could think of is it was related to the "spaces" left on the list for the career applied for. So if someone applied as a Dr with 6000 spaces to fill they would get a VPO faster than someone who applied as an accounted with 3000 spaces available.

I have no idea if this is correct but is my assumption. We finally got our VISA. Waited a little over 3 months for a VPO and then another 2 months for the VISA letter. Lots of frustration and lots of sleepless nights but we got there!

Mmmm, now even more nervous as I see that gap between quota for year and total issued to date 189's for accountants is getting closer.......

Guess I just have to settle in for a long wait now and send out lots of prayers that the 189 visas currently being processed now are for other SOL occupations!

Mmmm, now even more nervous as I see that gap between quota for year and total issued to date 189's for accountants is getting closer.......

Guess I just have to settle in for a long wait now and send out lots of prayers that the 189 visas currently being processed now are for other SOL occupations!

Where would one find this info EmNew? I've actually just spoken to M2Oz a short while back as the waiting is just too much to handle now...Ray managed to calm me down :)

• Like 1

Ok - M2Oz - we are planning to submit our own visa application for 189. Why do you guys use M2Oz? From what stage did you use them and what are the benefits / cost etc.

Also - someone mentioned about checking the quota gap for specific SOL visa applications - where can I check that or can one only view this once visa app submitted?

Hi LeoR and SLouw :how to check occupation levels for SOL :

log onto www.immi.gov.au

Go to bottom of page , where it says Work in Australia ( Purple menu at bottom )

Select Skillselect, and on that page, go to the occupation ceiling tab. You can see the total quota per occupation type for the 2014/2015 year ( closes 30/06/2015 ) and how many have been issued YTD against them.

( sorry, I tried to copy and paste link into post, and it wouldn't work )

With regards to M2O, we used them for the entire process. I would not like to give you our costs, as they quote per application type ( visa type, number of dependants etc will influence the cost ) and our situation might differ from yours. The quotes are free and obligation free, so no harm contacting them for one.

Why we decided on an agent was to make sure we had all that was necessary for our application for our particular circumstances. I know you can do it yourself, but it was nice to just get told what to get , what to do, and when to do it, rather than guessing, hoping, praying etc

Even if you appoint an agent, you will have to do a lot of work yourself, but it's with your hand held. They give you easy to follow checklists, and ensure all that you gather is suitable for each stage of the application process.

Thanks EmNew...I had a quick look and am very worried as the ceiling value has been reached for my occupation! Not sure if this applies to visa grants, or EOI's??? Anyways, another call to M2Oz...

We used M2Oz since the beginning. We signed up end Sep 2014 to start the process and am now awaiting the visa approval.

@SLouw - so long as you have a straight forward application you can do it by yourself....but you never know what might creep up. We took no chances. In the end we were very grateful we used Migrate2Oz as we did have a slight hiccup which they rectified.

I would go with an agent if I had to do it again. They were my sounding board and my guidance and were always MORE than wiling to answer questions and help. It is just nice to have someone "hold your hand" through it all.

@LeoR - hope you had good news about being locked in system with EOI invite and don't have to worry about quota being filled - the ICT Analyst one?

Out of interest, what was your actual lodgement date? ( just want to compare with other timelines I know )

Hi All,

Submitted all the docs required (and any other documents I could think of) from the 12th of Jan 2015, the day I got my ImmiAccount. We received our grant letters this MORNING!!!

So happy that the application process is finally over, now the real planning can begin. Goodluck to those who are still waiting. We waited exactly 2 months after uploading our first document on the 12th of Jan.

:)

• Like 2

:congratulations:

Nice to see happy news on this thread from a January lodger!

All the best for the real planning !

Congrats simonisjf

That's awesome, what industry you in?

Congrats simonisjf

That's awesome, what industry you in?

Thanks BeachBall, I'm an Industrial Engineer as well as a pilot. Will hopefully be doing both :)

Congrats simonisjf!

@EmNew - we lodged our application on Jan 19.

I reckon you will be hearing by the end of the week! Where will you be settling?

Edited by simonisjf

Hi we lodged our 189 application on 5 January and got our visa on 3 March....hang in there guys!

• Like 1

Hi All,

Submitted all the docs required (and any other documents I could think of) from the 12th of Jan 2015, the day I got my ImmiAccount. We received our grant letters this MORNING!!!

So happy that the application process is finally over, now the real planning can begin. Goodluck to those who are still waiting. We waited exactly 2 months after uploading our first document on the 12th of Jan.

:)

Super huge congratulations. Massive, enormous, gigantic, universal streamers and balloons to you and your fam. You must be thrilled :)

I'm thankful that work keeps me busy and distracted, because every day is another 24 hours of waiting. I don't think about it all the time - but often enough to think that 'it might be today' or 'maybe tomorrow'. It seems that the 2 month mark (just short, or just over) is the golden timeframe for approval, or allocation of a VPO at least.

All we can do is wait.

And eat chocolate.

And eat pastries.

And watch TV.

And scour the internet.

And watch YouTube and Vimeo videos of the Aus city we're moving to.

And wait.

And sleep.

And wake up.

And check email.

And wait.

• Like 2

Congratulations simonisjf!!!!! :-)

...seems like 8 weeks from lodgement is the norm at the moment. .. waiting waiting waiting. ...

One step closer......got forwarded a letter confirming VPO assigned today!!!!

Hoping for more good news in the days to come........

• Like 1

Awesome EmNew

Hopefully that means we are 2 weeks after that if time frames stay the same!

For those with agents does correspondence come to you and the agent or only to the agent?

Hi Beachball, my correspondence goes to our Agent, who forwarded it to me.

Praying that the timeline stays the same, and that you get your VPO before the 2 weeks are out, or even sooner!! Looks as if March IS the month for the January lodgers.

Almost there EmNew! I'm one day behind - we lodged on the 19th, so hoping that we are also allocated a CO soon.

• Like 2

Thanks guys for the well wishes. Its an enormous load off the shoulders not having to have to wait anymore!! Also, it helps knowing we can vacate SA at any given time we want. Total freedom :)

Any new grant notifications for those who submitted end of Jan?

• Like 1

No ways this week has been quiet not a good sign!

Messaged Reuven this morning about docs that have not been uploaded and got a one liner back to say that he sends the info directly to the CO once they are allocated.

Can only keep positive and push on till we hear anything.

• Like 1

I was thinking of doing the very same thing - getting hold of Reuven to find out progress and why immi account states docs requested when I was told he had sent them.

March seems very quiet compared to mid Jan to Feb's happy announcements that just kept on rolling in.

Really is the last leg for us so guess it's just vasbyt and push through the impatience and worry.

Keeping positive with you ...

• Like 1