If not now then when?

Eyebrow

So, the big day finally arrived. 25 Feb.

Visa denied.

After all this.

Well, I did take a chance. I knew this from the beginning. That I was taking a big fat chance.

But I hoped...

And I spent all that money, and still tried. With a lawyer. Wasted.

2 years wasted.

Hard to see it written in black and white.

The cost to the state is too great to allow us in.

(Please don't tell me "everything happens with a purpose". I can really not deal with that right now.)

On what grounds did they decline your 457 visa...very sorry to hear this news...HUGS

Awful news! :cry: I am really and truly disappointed for you! My heart goes out to you.

I'm so sorry Eyebrow, that is a huge let-down for you. I re-read some of your posts and I see you've made good progress in SA in the past 2 years. I hope and know you will overcome the disappointment and go from strength to strength, because you are a strong person.

Im so sorry Eyebrow, that is a huge setback. Would you be able to apply for another visa? Like the 189 or 190? I do hope so.

I was turned down due to failing the medical...

I have just forwarded all the documentation from the immigration to my prospective employer. But I guess he must have it already?

It is 11pm or midnight in Aus now, so too late for anything.

Hi

OK, I am more able to talk about it now than before.

When I got the email from the agent dealing with our application, I just read the part of being "turned down as it was submitted."

This was a let down. To put it mildly.

I am busy negotiating the sale of my business. We have started scaling down and giving away clothes and toys, and selling appliances. And everything associated with imminent moving. All in good faith.

Anyway, I have now gotten the whole story.

The visa is refused as is.

But will be granted if the amount that my son will cost the government (over the 4years of the visa) in education can be paid by me.

The amount is unfortunately over 7 figures in Rands.

It is more than our house is worth (and we still owe 3 quarters on that!)

I can pay it over the 4 years so no need for lump sum at least

So what now?

I wish I could give you advice and say that you should come anyway, but that would be an emotional response. You are in a very difficult position and I am not able to help.

As you can see, I don't know what to say. All I want you to know is that you have our support, whatever you decide. :hug:

Pray about it. You have done so much. Let go and let God...

In the meantime :yourock:

I think you need to understand what your options would be in 4 years from now. Getting to Australia may be the easy part, staying may be the hard part.

Being on a 457 visa and not being able to pass the medical 4 years later when you are trying to renew the 457 or say between 2 and 4 years time for the PR, what may that mean for you guys is what you need to consider in my view.

Shew Eyebrow, I have just caught up with your rollercoaster ride.Wow... talk about emotional ups and downs!

I am sorry that they have declined your visa as it was initially submitted but am glad that there is still some light at the end of the tunnel... although it is a huge decision that you still need to make.

Good luck!!

Glad to see you got a bit more information in relation to the potential health waiver option for this visa.

The SC457 health waiver option works in a very different way to the other visa health waiver options. Because of this it is important for anyone using this option to be aware that obtaining a health visa waiver for the 457 visa does not in any way guarantee that you will be provided with one should you later apply for permanent residence.

Not trying to put a dampener on this but rather to ensure you go in with your eyes open and knowing the route ahead. As part of your decision making I recommend that you chat with your agent about the potential pathway to permanent residence and how the health waiver works at the next stage of the game.

Oh eyebrow...I am so sorry for all that you and your family are going through!!!

It is such a tough decision and it must be so overwhelming. I have no advice to offer...but I want to send huge huge hugs!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only caught up now, I am shattered for you :( :( :(

I'm glad there is still a way, if you want to try, but can't imagine how difficult all of this must be!

Thinking of you, sending hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

It is April Fools day, and somehow, in a weird way that seems fitting that I would receive it today.

Because it has been a fool's journey.

We have our 457 visa.

Anti-climax.

Do I even want it now? :unsure:

Should we go?

I have to still figure out how I am going to get the money...

• Like 1

Oh.my.gosh Eyebrow. Well here's an idea - what if you treat it as a temporary work transfer, a life experience for the whole family? If you manage to extend then so be it. Wow this is not an easy decision, but I have to say congratulations on your visa, only your tenacity has got you this far!!!

Congrats Eyebrow...small steps...and this may be the stepping stone. I hope you find the right answers though.

My dear friend

I understand that you are conflicted at this stage...and rightly so! :hug: I am glad you have your visa as, for now, it is giving you options. Yes, I know, most of the time you don't need those as the most difficult thing to do is to make decisions that will influence your future, even though you have no idea what your future holds :unsure: .If I were you I would give it a go. Rather end up saying "Oh, well!" than "What if.."

We both know that the opportunities for your kids are far better than in RSA. Even if they experience it for a short time it will still impact their lives. You have experienced so much in the last couple of months (hijacking, etc.) And you had that very clear message from the old lady (fondly referred to by the rest of the forumites as "the angel") :holy:

If possible, speak to an agent about your future possibilities so that you don't go into this process uninformed. As for the money issue, I wish I could help!! :(

In the meantime, pray:

Psalm 102:17 He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea.

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sending you lots of love :wub:

L

• Like 1

Oh Eyebrow, your journey has been such a trying one.

I don't know what to say, all I can say, is that this decision (to go or not) is one for you and your family. And do contact an agent to look at the future implications on a permanent visa.

Bronwyn does have a point, but we all know that for many of us, the decision to come over on a 457 means having to sell everything you have in RSA simply to get here, not many are fortunate enough to be able to keep a life going on both sides.

My thoughts are with you as you make your decision, and if you do decide to come, start from day one in getting medical reports etc that may be needed at a later stage.

Good luck with your decision xxx

• Like 2

Hi guys!

Unfortunately this is an all or nothing thing.

I cant keep the house and my business in South Africa and pop over to Aus for 4 years.

Because I need money to pay for us going in the first place, and secondly, even if I didn't, I wont be able to support the house in RSA and us in Aus with the salary that we will get. Because we have to pay for schooling.

So even if I look at it in temporary way, I still have to give up everything in South Africa to make the move.

We wont be able to come back to a house and a job afterwards...

Eyebrow... please forgive my ignorance.

Is there no chance that after a few years of OT/speech/other services, they might revise his diagnosis?

Yes, there are good people here, who do good work, but it's not the kind of support they get over there, so I'm just wondering.

I hope you can work things out - think of you often!

• Like 1