If not now then when?

Eyebrow

Hi, Eyebrow !!

We all share fear and that dreaded limbo, even for the shortest time of waiting !! We've been waiting now for almost 3 years with no sign of movement yet (Cat 5'ers we are !), so I só know all those feelings ! Fear, I want to second OYBR's post. The Bible says: perfect love casts out fear. If you know your Heavenly Father loves you, then you'll know He'll care for you anywhere. Like if you were so fortunate to have a daddy who's love was always there and never faltering.

In addition, we've learned that living in limbo, made us appreciate the luxury of living in real simplicity. We cancelled EVERYTHING, except our bank accounts, cell phone accounts and one premium. We did what was needed to be debt free, that includes 'making' our second hand cars go the extra mile - what we spend on them to keep them on the road, is far less that payments on a new one, or maybe even buying another second hand whose quirks we do not know. Limbo can really grate (especially) a woman's nerves - we want to be settled, to know what we're working at and where to go for what. Limbo kind of moved my focus of security to something else ... our family unit. Kind of like: doesn't matter where, what, how or when, as long as we are together and there's food and a bed, we're fine. I know, I know, much easier said than done. But I do think that a limbo phase has it's own way of shifting one's paradigm. It creates a new perspective on life and make you re-evaluate your values.

The limbo ...I've tried some strategies that worked and some that didn't. I sold too much stuff too soon, but that was before we knew we would have to wait so long !! Anyways, we don't replace broken or tattered stuff as far as we can live with it or without it in some way. For instance, think about buying yourself some nice, big, heart-warming throws to cover those cuts in your furniture, those blankets can be very useful when you pack, to protect something, and be something familiar and cozy to cover and protect new, unknown furniture in OZ !! I try very hard to only buy stuff we can take over. Maybe I'm too much 'into it', for I replace any glass object in my kitchen that breaks, with stainless steel ! It is lightweight and strong, and I plan to put some SS plates, tumblers, porridge bowls, mixing bowls, a roasting pan and a few pots in our luggage if possible, or send it by box beforehand, just to have something to start out with over there. Since I have three little ones, I also worry less about stuff breaking, hehe. This is just a few thoughts. You can expand with regard to your own stuff and ideas.

Learn to trust, girl, learn to rest - you've got so many confirmation that you are on the right track !!

You are welcome to PM me if you need a coffee and a chat, I live in the Northern Suburbs too ... :)

• Like 1

Am very despondent today.

Jumping through the hoops as they appear, but this past week has been stressful.

The person sponsoring me for the 457 is just not answering my emails.

He seemed to think that I was starting work very soon, but my degree assessment is not even finished yet! Then it is still the visa, then it is selling the business. Big stuff still to happen!

So...

I email just to clarify that my start date is likely end of the year, if not 2014. Not my fault. But all the stuff that needs doing.

And now nothing.

I dont want to keep asking for a reply. So I wait. But it is hard.

Thoughts are like: what if he has changed his mind!!!?

Anyway, breathe!

Oooooh, so you are now on the tip and you can fall either over or back - nervous times !! Keep faith, Eyebrow, keep on doing all you need to do here and only what you NEED to do - maybe there's stuff you can hand over to someone else to do to make your load a bit lighter ?

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reading this post and couldn't stop reading.

What happened? Last post was on 15 March 2013?

Yup, I've been wondering also, would be nice to hear from you again, Eyebrow !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Things are still going ahead by the looks of it.

I am not at the point of no return yet. So feel safe to let things just go along.

I keep reading the stories here, and am amazed at some peoples journeys. Just wild!

How does one know if your doing the right thing? How do we ever know?\

The person who is sponsoring me for the 457 is in a hurry for me to start... Great. But I am still waiting for skills assessment and then the actual visa and the medical. Only once I have the visa in hand, do I want to start selling the house and the business. I really need to be in SA to do that. I cant go and then we have to do payments on the business premises and the house, and get settled in OZ on a salary that is ok, but not great.

But that could take months. And then the 457 sponsor might get impatient and drop me. the research project must start asap, and there is apparently (I heard via the grapevine) someone from Sri Lanka who wants to do it too.

What do I do? It doesnt seem prudent to sell here, before I know if I can actually go! But if sponsor withdraws, then all has been for naught.

I have hinted via email that it could take a few months to finalise things here, but the reponse email did not acknowledge that... Just talked about getting the skills thing done asap.

@ Eyebrow. We've been here 22 days and this morning I told HEOJJ that I have to tell you this: Despite neither of us having jobs yet I'M BREATHING AGAIN!

• Like 3

I just wanted to send big hugs and loads of strength to you

:hug:

• Like 1

PS Eyebow,

I seem to have missed your story, and only just read it now. :blush:

Please please hang in there!!! I know exactly what that rollercoaster of emotions feels like!

It may seem like it costs everything to live your dream...but it costs a lot more not to live it! Remember you have some fabulous memories to make and experiences to have...

We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us ~ J Campbell.

Hi Maktub

You sound like the world's most positive person.

And also as if you are having the time of your life right now. So happy for you.

You go girl! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

@ Eyebrow. We've been here 22 days and this morning I told HEOJJ that I have to tell you this: Despite neither of us having jobs yet I'M BREATHING AGAIN!

Hi OYBR

Thanks for thinking about me. :blush-anim-cl:

I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean, or why you thought of me specifically in this instance...?

Do you mean about making the right choice? Or more that I need to relax and not worry so much?

I hope you guys get sorted with jobs very soon!

Slightly freaked out at the moment.

Just heard today, that I have to be in Sydney next weekend for an assessment (aka exam).

Feeling a bit shocked. Not enough time to brush up on, well everything! :stretcher:

Need this to go well, otherwise visa is a thing of the past.

So will go to Melbourne first and then back to SA via Sydney!

Whats the weather like in Melbourne, because I will be there!

Weather is mild, winter starting to settle in but at the moment very autumny.

Temps for the next 7 day are:

11 and 20

11 and 21

13 and 22

15 and 25

16 and 24

14 and 16 (with lots of rain)

Bring something warm the temperature is due to start dipping, but be able to strip down a bit so that you can cool down a bit if these warmish temperatures continue. Make sure you bring an umbrella or a trench coat.

Good luck! Is this something positive toward the Uni job here?

Hi Maktub

You sound like the world's most positive person.

And also as if you are having the time of your life right now. So happy for you.

You go girl! :ilikeit:

Hey eyebrow...

Thanks for your lovely words!!!

I am (haha even if I do say so myself) but having said that - its the difficult things that I have been through that have made me so happy today!

I am a firm believer in the saying that "everything happens for a reason"...and remember that twice my chances of moving to NZ did not pan out...but now I am here in Aus and happier than I think I ever would have been there!

PM me if you ever need to! I am following your story with interest!

Lots of hugs :hug:

Just heard today, that I have to be in Sydney next weekend for an assessment (aka exam).

Feeling a bit shocked. Not enough time to brush up on, well everything! :stretcher:

Goodluck!!

I will be hoping Melbourne wins :whome: because I am not too far from Melbs! Hehe!

Its definitely Autumn...not freezing but cooler! Coat and umbrella needed!

Hey Eyebrow, good luck with the assessment and I am sure you will be fine. It's amazing what the parent in you is capable of when you have children to think about. :hug:

Am feeling sick.

Leaving for Australia in 48hours. And nothing packed. And nothing ready. And kids really ill.

How must I do this on such short notice?

I am not ready.

Clearly need to get a grip... :blush:

Whether you are ready or not, it's happening ;) - I think the door is being opened for a reason. Good luck!

• Like 1

Eyebrow - if we were all to leave when we are "ready" - I'd have never been ready.

It all sounds daunting - but you'll be good. Have a safe trip and good luck with the assessment.

Yay, you got here. Good luck with the assessment and I hope the kids are feeling better. Just go with the flow and things will work out the way they are meant to

Two things: It is much hotter than i thought! And boy is the internet fast here!!!

Welcome Eyebrow!

Hope you enjoy it! :ilikeit:

Haha yes internet is great here! I had that thought too!

Let us know what your impressions are when you have time!!

:hug:

Welcome to Australia Eyebrow - You made it.

Dont forget to let us know how you are finding things - good luck with the assessment.

Gosh Eyebrow

All my daughter does is complain at how slow the internet is....maybe I should send her to RSA for a while!

I have the ADSL2 and still get cranky if things don't load immediately.........I never ever want to go back to the days of dial up........the sound is like nails down a blackboard.

• Like 1