Parents Visa

rene321

Hi Cruiser,

The $14 000 (assurance of support) is a once off payment. Visit the immi website (http://www.immi.gov.au) and read fact sheet 34 (http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.html) on Assurance of Support (AoS). Besides the AoS there are two more payments for the subclass 143 visa, a 1st payment on application of $1735. The 2nd payment is $37 965 per person. Refer to form 9901 (April 2011) for more detail on charges for other visa types. You can also download booklet 3 - Parent Migration, it contains a lot of useful info. Be aware that the cost mentioned here excludes any other cost such as agent fees, medicals, obtaining birth/marraige certificates etc

Greetings Trevil and thanks Orion25.

I have been back a week and what a hectic one at that!

Today I have posted my final 143 application to DIAC and I decided to do it myself as the agents fee was just a joke!

Not much to the second part anyway.

I have registered with tax for a TRN number and registered with Medicare.

Sorting out medical aid and picked up my Drive safe handbook to do my drivers lic.

Trevil I was thinking about you with all the move still ahead - just remember to shop a lot and enjoy the experience. Time seems to just run away from you now.

Have you bookked your flights? Which airline did you book on. Which part of Perth will you live in?

Hold thumbs - I need to look for work now :ilikeit: at least I finally can say that!

Fern

What does the medicare include?

Day to day medical expenses at state hospitals/doctors?

Any extra levy to be paid as well?

And what about cronical medication charges?

Edited by Vennie

Hi Vennie

Medicare is the subsidised gov cover see on their web site - no levy, you just register and a portion of your bills are refunded.

Medical Insurance - is your own extra cover, much like SA medical aids you pick one on a plan that suits you. If you don't the wait for any hospital procedure can be very long. Check out websites for HBF, HIF to name a few

Hope it helps

Fern

• 5 weeks later...

Have just returned from Perth where our first grandchild was born. Grandmother still there, helping daughter. I will be returning to Perth in 5 weeks time, to be there when our son's first child gets born.

On return to RSA I started following up on the progress (or lack thereoff) of our unabridged marraige cert. Decided to go to Home Affairs and confront them on this poor service delivery. Great was my surprise when I was told to just wait the cert will be printed. Walked out with the cert, made copies, had them certified at the bank and delivered the copies to the agent. Cannot understand why it took 8 months to produce the cert - but what the heck I've got it.

News on the queues:

Parent:

Parent Family Visa Queue

Other Family:

Other Family Visa Queue

New visa allocation numbers for 2011/2012 - click on "How long will it take to process my application?" under the questions. (this is for people using other family such as aged dependent relative for their parents)

Family Stream Processing

Edited by NikkiH

Hi Trevil,

Just thinking of you. You must have arrived sometime over the weekend. Just wanted to say welcome to Peth.

I have been busy. I passed my drivers and it is so good to have that behind me. I have been looking for work but not much on offer everyone is waiting for the new tax year, been to 2 interviews, quite a learning process.

I have been packing as I am going to stay with my other daughter for a while. Will move this weekend so PC may be down for a bit.

Enjoy the family and get out to get your bearings. Ask your family to show you how to use the trains & busses. I love them and use them all the time.

LOL, Fern

Please note the increase in Visa Application Charges for Contributory Parent visas to $2960 for the 1st VAC and $40015 per parent for the 2nd VAC.

regards

Andy Heathcote

Hi - I am new to this thread but just have a quick question with regard to my folks contributory parent visa application. They have currently completed the forms on the basis that any written communications be sent to them (their address being in South Africa) although they have also consented to electronic communications.

Could anyone advise whether any notifications or documents come from the Department via post or whether it is all sent electronically? We are trying to decide whether to rather get them to appoint us as the authorised recipient (using our address in Aus) or whether it doesn't make much difference if email is used.

Many thanks

Please note the increase in Visa Application Charges for Contributory Parent visas to $2960 for the 1st VAC and $40015 per parent for the 2nd VAC.

regards

Andy Heathcote

ughh it's even more unaffordable now :(

Hi Fern

Thanks for your thoughts.

We arrived safely on the 26/6/. We did our booking through IOM, at a very good rate and were allowed the extra 40kg baggage allowance. e

It's been rather hectic since we arrived, just don't know where the passed 2 weeks have gone. We have bought a car, registered with Medicare, applied for a tax number and presently have our noses glued to the learner's licence book. Will be so glad when that is over. Congratulations on passing your drivers, How did you find the practical tes and where did you go for your licence.

I am staying with my daughter and 2 grandchildren in Ocean Reef Perth. It is a lovely suburb North of the River and our house is about 1km from the beach.

Hope you have a great time with your daughter and good luck find a job. My husband and I have been looking this week, but nothing has come up yet, we will persevere.

Take care

Avril

Hi Trevil,

Just thinking of you. You must have arrived sometime over the weekend. Just wanted to say welcome to Perth.

I have been busy. I passed my drivers and it is so good to have that behind me. I have been looking for work but not much on offer everyone is waiting for the new tax year, been to 2 interviews, quite a learning process.

I have been packing as I am going to stay with my other daughter for a while. Will move this weekend so PC may be down for a bit.

Enjoy the family and get out to get your bearings. Ask your family to show you how to use the trains & busses. I love them and use them all the time.

LOL, Fern

Hi Trevil,

Great to hear you are getting sorted with all the red tape.

I am in the south in Settlers Hills near Baldivis. Also a great area with a lot of birds and a country feel I like it very much.

I moved in with my daughter and it is a mess! She is extending her home with a theatre room and pool and the sand is just everywhere. The rain is holding up the builders but WA needs the rain so much we won't complain.

Good luck with the drivers it sure was a biggy for me. I never picked up the book once. I just went online and did all the tests 100 times over and I got one of them for the test so I got 100%. I did the driving test in Rockingham: I decided to take a lesson so someone else could point out any bad habits. I took a second one to make sure I had it right then hired their car to do the test. It was all worth it because all the people at the testing centre new the instructor and he had a good reputation. I passed no worries.

I too am looking for work I have been for a few interviews but nothing yet. It's early days, more jobe seem to be coming up since the start of the new financial year so just watching the sites every day. I have another interview on Tuesday.

I have also found a Church to attend, a Doctor too - I picked up this viral flu but over it now. I found a good book exchange and a hairdresser.

Sorry I did not answer sooner but my PC has been down and I also had a problem signing in, on this Forum.

I took my grand daughter to the Circus yesterday - it is so special to be able to do these things.

Starting to feel like this is where I belong.

LOL, Fern

:o I have a CO! :o

OMG just 2 months from application!

I never expected this. I did the visa in 2 parts to spread the cost over time. Oh my.

I don't even have a job yet. I expected it to take at least a year.

Well all things happen for a reason I guess we have to go to plan B

Shock,,,,Stress,,,this visa business is just so.......you know what I mean.

On the bright side I guess it means it will all be over sooner :unsure:

Great news Fern!

My mom got a CO!

Whohooo and we have sent all the documents now - so not too long for her either.

:ilikeit:

That's Great Nat 123 :ilikeit:

As a matter of interest to all - I went to an employment agent this week and they told me that employers do not accept the 173 visa for perm. positions as they consider it a temp. visa.

Just shows you that they do not even understand their own visa system.

It's a good thing my 143 is happening after all. I never thought that would be a problem to get work!

Fern

Thanks Fern!

Aw you are kidding - well it shoudl state ont he visa that it is perm. So maybe include that with your CV and higlight perm for them :ilikeit:

good luck with the job hunting - I am sure you will have something in no time!

Nats

Hi Nats 123

I checked my visa and it says "provisional resident" valid for 2 years from date of entry. So I can understand the confusion. Anyway my 143 is going along we have a centerlink appointment on 2 Aug so things are proceeding. I am sure it is just a few weeks away now after all this time that is not long to wait. I have an interview on 3 Aug for a job I realy like, so maybe Aug will be good to me :rolleyes:

Just a warning for others - if you can go the full visa rather do it or you might be in for a shock like me :huh:

Fern

Will keep fingers crossed for the 3rd Fern. Yes I can udnerstand the confusion but it will soon be sorted I am sure.

This process takes its path at times fast and then sometimes slow.

My mom got word yesterday we have to pay the last money - in principle her visa has been granted!

Whohooooo! :ilikeit:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Trevil,

Great to hear you are getting sorted with all the red tape.

I am in the south in Settlers Hills near Baldivis. Also a great area with a lot of birds and a country feel I like it very much.

I moved in with my daughter and it is a mess! She is extending her home with a theatre room and pool and the sand is just everywhere. The rain is holding up the builders but WA needs the rain so much we won't complain.

Good luck with the drivers it sure was a biggy for me. I never picked up the book once. I just went online and did all the tests 100 times over and I got one of them for the test so I got 100%. I did the driving test in Rockingham: I decided to take a lesson so someone else could point out any bad habits. I took a second one to make sure I had it right then hired their car to do the test. It was all worth it because all the people at the testing centre new the instructor and he had a good reputation. I passed no worries.

I too am looking for work I have been for a few interviews but nothing yet. It's early days, more jobe seem to be coming up since the start of the new financial year so just watching the sites every day. I have another interview on Tuesday.

I have also found a Church to attend, a Doctor too - I picked up this viral flu but over it now. I found a good book exchange and a hairdresser.

Sorry I did not answer sooner but my PC has been down and I also had a problem signing in, on this Forum.

I took my grand daughter to the Circus yesterday - it is so special to be able to do these things.

Starting to feel like this is where I belong.

LOL, Fern

Hi Fern

Sorry about my delay in responding, but have also been experiencing hiccups on computer and I'm now back on line.

The good news is that I have a job, but my husband is still looking. It was supposed to be the other way around, but guess we have to be grateful that at least one of us is earning. It seems to be the case of who you know here, as my husband has applied for numerous jobs on seek and in the paper, but absolutely no response. We just keep praying and I'm sure the right job will come up for him.

I was very surprised to hear that you have a CO, which means that we are close behind and should hear from Diac any day now. It will be good when our Permanent Visas are granted.

We have passed our learners and will now go ahead and get a couple of lessons as advised by you.

Have you managed to get a job yet?

I so enjoy being with my daughter and grandchildren and hopefully my other daughter will be coming over in September, with our other little grand daughter.

Will keep you posted and look forward to meeting up with you some time.

lol

Avril

S

That's Great Nat 123 :ilikeit:

As a matter of interest to all - I went to an employment agent this week and they told me that employers do not accept the 173 visa for perm. positions as they consider it a temp. visa.

Just shows you that they do not even understand their own visa system.

It's a good thing my 143 is happening after all. I never thought that would be a problem to get work!

Fern

I was woundering if anyone has had any experience in getting their parents into Australia. I hear that it is very expensive to do $34,330 per a person just for medicare and takes 18 months. My parents do not hav this kind of money.

Any suggestions?

Rene

I brought my parents out here 4 years ago. We had two options one was the "aged parent visa" that could take up to 10 years to be processed during which time they could live here, but not work. The other was the "contributing parent visa". The latter cost over $70,000 plus a health deposit totaling $14,000 for them both. We stupidly opted for the contributing parent visa as my parents wanted to work. They put over $80K into it and then invested the rest of their money into a business for which I got a loan and stood guarantee. If I had it over again I would have gone for the relatively free aged parent visa as they worked in the business that was under my name anyway, and I am their guarantee and support system. The aged parent visa, once granted, allows them to work for a max of 20 hours per week. My parents threw so much money into it and then into a business, and my father passed away this year. They paid all that for 3 years and now we have to sell the business we bought because it is too much for my mother, and I work full time. she is left pretty much dependant on me. My advice is, if your parents are aged but want a little business and you are going to be guarantee, dont throw a lot of money at it. Bring them out on the aged parent visa for next to nothing, support them and take things in your name. Dont do what I did.

Hi Avril,

I have a job too. I started today. Whew that 1st day is never great!

Not fantastic pay and I have had to regress a little in position but hey the moola is now gonna come in again!

I am so happy! The employer is very understanding about the visa and is happy to wait for the final grant as it is so close and I have started in the meantime.

My visa is not through yet we had a wait for a Centerlink appointment but that is now done and AoS all approved. I am waiting for the CO to ask for the balance of fee. Heard nothing for a week now. Sent an e mail but still nothing so we wait......

I am thrilled to hear you have work and your hubby will get work he should go to the bigger firms web sites direct. Sometimes they do not advertise on Seek. The agents are no good just a waste of time. Check out the Gov. job sites as well. Also google for the over 50s.

Good luck, Fern