Parents Visa

rene321

My medicals were uploaded yesterday exactly 6 weeks wait and my CO has sent the letter telling me to pay VAC and leave.

So I fly out on Sunday :ilikeit:

I hope it will not take too long after that.

At last! I am so excited to finally have it all happen to me!

Fern

Hi Fern

That's fantastic news, can just imagine how you are feeling. :ilikeit:

Are you staying in Aus at the moment?

Can one pay the VAC on your credit card?

All of the very best to you, and hopefully we should hear any day now.

Hi Trevil

Yes I am in Perth on a vistors visa. Staying with my daughter. You can pay the VAC by credit card.

You have to fill in DIAC's form and post it to them and they process it from their side.

When they send you the letter to ask you to pay they attach the payment information with it.

My feet are sore I have been shopping delux. I can count the days to VISA on one hand now!

Good luck I'll be watching for your post - where are you going to settle in Au?

Fern

Hi Trevil

Yes I am in Perth on a vistors visa. Staying with my daughter. You can pay the VAC by credit card.

You have to fill in DIAC's form and post it to them and they process it from their side.

When they send you the letter to ask you to pay they attach the payment information with it.

My feet are sore I have been shopping delux. I can count the days to VISA on one hand now!

Good luck I'll be watching for your post - where are you going to settle in Au?

Fern

Hi Fern

Thanks so much for keeping me posted. We are also hoping to settle in Perth. I have one daughter who has been in Perth for 3 years and my other daughter will also be emigrating to Aus this year.

Will definitely keep you posted and hope we can meet up in Perth in the not too distant future. In the meantime we are travelling around SA and will be going to Mozambique on Tuesday for 2 weeks.

Please let me know when you get your visa.

Hi Trevil / Fern

Fern, congrats on the progress!!!

The wait continues for us... Tick...tock...tick...tock...

Still no letter. Just returned back to Perth from JHB after a family wedding and some time with the inlaws. Still no news. PCC and meds and AOS completed in last week of March. Approx 3 weeks wait so far. Looking out for Trevils post to say letter arrived to pay!!!

Cheers

B

Hi Trevil/Fern/Blinkers-Off,

Congrats on progress Fern. Enjoy the Mozambique trip Trevil. By March next year we may be dong the same whilst waiting for last stages of visa application to be completed.

Probably not long now Blinkers_Off. Whose application completion are you waiting on - in laws?

3 weeks on Sat 23 May, before we fly out to visit chidren in Perth, can't wait!

Edited by RichtB

Hi Trevil/Fern/Blinkers-Off,

Congrats on progress Fern. Enjoy the Mozambique trip Trevil. By March next year we may be dong the same whilst waiting for last stages of visa application to be completed.

Probably not long now Blinkers_Off. Whose application completion are you waiting on - in laws?

3 weeks on Sat 23 May, before we fly out to visit chidren in Perth, can't wait!

Hi RichtB,

Yes my wifes parents are making the move to join their only child. Look forward to helping them through this and haveing that extra family connection here in Perth.

wait wait wait... just keep swimming , just keep swimming

So we called the inlaws this evening as we usually do on weekends.

They casually told us, "oh, by the way we got an email on wednesdaynasking to pay the 2nd installment"

They had no idea that that actually meant the visa was effectively granted, So very happy as they have all but got the visa.

Just a payment to be made and the visa can be granted, hope all you other parental visa waiters are getting somewhere to.

Cheers

Blinkers-Off

Hi Blinkers Off,

That is really good news they received! You are so right, the visa is as good as isssued if the the last payment is being requested. I wish them well on this adventure. Which visa (subclass) did they apply for and how long did it take to this stage?

We are hanging in there waiting (patientlly) for things to happen.

Congrats BlinkersOff! Hope they get their visa soon :)

I wish that I could sponsor my mom and sis over. My sis definitely wants to come over, but my mom on the other hand, I'm not so sure... I can't see her getting her ducks in a row and doing everything required... but I'll stay positive, and we'll see what happens :)

Hi Everyone

My Mom applied for her 143 in October 2009 and her letter of grant arrived yesterday!

Yay!!! 17 Months and all completed.

We are so relieved and really excited for her new beginnings.

Hang in there for those still waiting :)

Apollo

Hi Apollo

You must be over the moon with the news. Yes we will hang in and be patient - most of the times

So we called the inlaws this evening as we usually do on weekends.

They casually told us, "oh, by the way we got an email on wednesdaynasking to pay the 2nd installment"

They had no idea that that actually meant the visa was effectively granted, So very happy as they have all but got the visa.

Just a payment to be made and the visa can be granted, hope all you other parental visa waiters are getting somewhere to.

Cheers

Blinkers-Off

Hi All

Good news!!!! we have also been asked to pay the 2nd instalment so great progress has been made. We have just returned from a lovely holiday in Kruger and Mozambique and now look forward to moving to Perth early in July. Good luck to all who have applied. Will keep you posted

Regards

Trevil

Congratulations, wish I could bring my parents over, but they won't budge.

Hi trevil,

That really is good news. Bet you can't get that 2nd payment processed fast enough!

Laura & Martin,

It took me not more than 3 weeks to make the initial decision to emigrate. My wife however took much longer, nearly three years. In our case it was then relatively easy since both our children live in Perth. So there is nothing really that "force" us to remain here. My wife says that what finally changed her mind is the realisation that there will be no children to "look after us" if we remain here. So whe have embarked on this new adventure.

Hi there

The moment has finally arrived, our Visa was granted on 7.5.2011 and we hope to be on our way to Perth on 25.6.2011 :ilikeit:

We are busy getting quotes from Removers, so plenty to do now in so little time, but not complaining!!!

HI Trevil,

I have been following this thread for the past few months, CONGRATULATIONS on your your visa and enjoy the journey. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

T

HI Trevil,

I have been following this thread for the past few months, CONGRATULATIONS on your your visa and enjoy the journey. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

T

Hi Orian25

Thank you, just can't believe that the big moment has finally arrived. Next big event is packing up.

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: I've got I've got it :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Sorry about the delay I have been in SA without a PC. I flew out on the Sunday 17 April and my visa came threw on the Monday afternoon.

I made an appointment at the Pretoria Embassy and my pink slip went into my passport before my very eyes. 13 months fron date of app.

I got to Perth late yesterday. I took the very resonable flight on Malaysan airline. ORTambo to KUL to Perth. It was OK but very long with the stop over. The food was dreadful, and very little water available on the flight. The kind of trip that you will only do once but not again. I would not recommend it for small kids. Feeling guite ill today.

Congrats Trevil great news on your visa also - we must definately get together when you get here.

It is so good to have that pink slip I checked it every day till I left to make sure it was not invisiable ink or something ha!

I was shocked to see SA - I was scared to take a taxi even.

LOL, Fern

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: I've got I've got it :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Sorry about the delay I have been in SA without a PC. I flew out on the Sunday 17 April and my visa came threw on the Monday afternoon.

I made an appointment at the Pretoria Embassy and my pink slip went into my passport before my very eyes. 13 months fron date of app.

I got to Perth late yesterday. I took the very resonable flight on Malaysan airline. ORTambo to KUL to Perth. It was OK but very long with the stop over. The food was dreadful, and very little water available on the flight. The kind of trip that you will only do once but not again. I would not recommend it for small kids. Feeling guite ill today.

Congrats Trevil great news on your visa also - we must definately get together when you get here.

It is so good to have that pink slip I checked it every day till I left to make sure it was not invisiable ink or something ha!

I was shocked to see SA - I was scared to take a taxi even.

Hi Fern

Isn't it just too good to be true!!!!

Wishing you every happiness as you start your new life in Perth. We are following very close behind. Hope to be in Perth on or about the 24th June - just can't wait to see my daughter and two grandchildren. Will definitely contact you when we get there.

We are having lots of "fun" sorting out the dreaded shipping insurance etc.

Take care

Trevil

LOL, Fern

Hey Fern,

Congratulations on your visa. :ilikeit:

Hi

Just some questions regarding the bond. Are the amounts of A$10000 and A$4000 to be deposited by the "assurer" a once off payment, or every year for 10 years? Is the bond paid back to the assurer only after 10 years?

And just to confirm, as I seem to remember reading it somewhere, the interest earned on the bond is paid to the assurer. Is that on an annual basis or monthly?

Many thanks so far. The info has been most invaluable.

Hi all,

Just a quick post which will hopefully help in regards to parent visas. Two main options:

Parent visa:

Must meet balance of family test;

This visa is capped at a couple of thousand per year. Due to this there is a very long queue which I believe at last count was approximately 15 years.

In some cases you can apply while in Australia and receive a bridging visa while you wait. The problem with doing this is that while on a bridging visa you have no access to Medicare and have no work rights. You will also need to apply for a different bridging visa each time you want to leave. The even bigger problem is that when you finally reach the end of the queue, you will need to pass medicals to be granted the visa.

Contributory Parent visa:

Must meet balance of family test;

Each applicant pays a Medicare levy of $34 500;

The assurer need to lodge a bond with the Australian Government for 10 years. The bond is $10,000 for the 1st applicant and $4,000 for each secondary applicant.

Because of the costs, the queue is much shorter and off shore applications take approximately 18 months. On shore are even quicker. The department will not ask for Medicare levy and bond unless the application is to be approved, so this money is not at risk.

Hi Cruiser,

The $14 000 (assurance of support) is a once off payment. Visit the immi website (http://www.immi.gov.au) and read fact sheet 34 (http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.html) on Assurance of Support (AoS). Besides the AoS there are two more payments for the subclass 143 visa, a 1st payment on application of $1735. The 2nd payment is $37 965 per person. Refer to form 9901 (April 2011) for more detail on charges for other visa types. You can also download booklet 3 - Parent Migration, it contains a lot of useful info. Be aware that the cost mentioned here excludes any other cost such as agent fees, medicals, obtaining birth/marraige certificates etc

Hi Cruiser,

The $14 000 (assurance of support) is a once off payment. Visit the immi website (http://www.immi.gov.au) and read fact sheet 34 (http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.html) on Assurance of Support (AoS). Besides the AoS there are two more payments for the subclass 143 visa, a 1st payment on application of $1735. The 2nd payment is $37 965 per person. Refer to form 9901 (April 2011) for more detail on charges for other visa types. You can also download booklet 3 - Parent Migration, it contains a lot of useful info. Be aware that the cost mentioned here excludes any other cost such as agent fees, medicals, obtaining birth/marraige certificates etc