Parents Visa

rene321

Hi all

Good news! We have received a letter requesting Medicals and Police clearance from Diac. Will be going for our medicals on Monday the 14.3.2011, and will keep you posted.

GREAT STUFF Trevil,

It is so exciting now. I got my PCC and done medicals all will go to the CO today.

Then I wait again. Maybe I will be flying out next week!

Hold thumbs

Fern

GREAT STUFF Trevil,

It is so exciting now. I got my PCC and done medicals all will go to the CO today.

Then I wait again. Maybe I will be flying out next week!

Hold thumbs

Fern

Hi Fern

Fantastic, things are really happening now. Please keep us posted and we hold thumbs that medicals are all okay. :)

My Dad's visa was granted today. A couple of weeks short of 18 months from start to finish :D Was a small hic up last week when payment was declined on his credit card, but that was merely a case of not increasing the transaction limit. Transaction went off today for the $34k and visa granted a few hours later.

Good luck to all those waiting.

Candice

I am still waiting to hear something, anything... it is driving me nuts!!!!

Docs have been with the CO a week now

Fern

My Dad's visa was granted today. A couple of weeks short of 18 months from start to finish :D Was a small hic up last week when payment was declined on his credit card, but that was merely a case of not increasing the transaction limit. Transaction went off today for the $34k and visa granted a few hours later.

Good luck to all those waiting.

Candice

Thats great news Candice. How long did it take for Diac to respond, once they received your Dad's medicals?

Thats great news Candice. How long did it take for Diac to respond, once they received your Dad's medicals?

Sorry only saw now. His meds are dated 1 Feb and we got the request for 2nd installment on the 28 Feb. But, in that time I also had a bit of a run around with getting the ASO sorted out with Centrelink and my Dad insisted on posting things like PC to me first and then I posted on to the Perth office. Hope you hear something soon.

Take care

Candice

Congrats to your folks Goldie! :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Trevil, I just found out yesterday that referred medicals ie Cat "B" are taking 6-8 weeks to get done and sent onto DIAC.

So I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me. Medibank said they have a work overload and are just not getting through them.

I am not worried though, I had a knee replacement 5 years ago with no problems but it does make me a cat B.

So I have a few more weeks to wait.

I saw a thread on the UK site where a Dr said the referred Cat B means that the Dr on the panel must read it before he stamps it - so all should be fine... I hope...I pray :whome:

Any news on yours? How did your meds go?

Fern

Congrats to your folks Goldie! :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Trevil, I just found out yesterday that referred medicals ie Cat "B" are taking 6-8 weeks to get done and sent onto DIAC.

So I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me. Medibank said they have a work overload and are just not getting through them.

I am not worried though, I had a knee replacement 5 years ago with no problems but it does make me a cat B.

So I have a few more weeks to wait.

I saw a thread on the UK site where a Dr said the referred Cat B means that the Dr on the panel must read it before he stamps it - so all should be fine... I hope...I pray :whome:

Any news on yours? How did your meds go?

Fern

Hi Fern

Thanks for the info, most helpful. We have done our medicals and they were couriered to

Auz on about the 17.3.2011. How do you know which category you fall under?

Sorry only saw now. His meds are dated 1 Feb and we got the request for 2nd installment on the 28 Feb. But, in that time I also had a bit of a run around with getting the ASO sorted out with Centrelink and my Dad insisted on posting things like PC to me first and then I posted on to the Perth office. Hope you hear something soon.

Take care

Candice

Hi, thanks so much. Hopefully we will not have to wait too much longer bgefore we hear something. We are planning to leave SA in July so really hoping to hear by the end of April.

Kind regards

Hi Fern

Thanks for the info, most helpful. We have done our medicals and they were couriered to

Auz on about the 17.3.2011. How do you know which category you fall under?

The Dr told me that if you have had a big op (something that not everyone has) then you are a cat B and the meds are referred to a panel to see if you are going to cost the Aussie gov money. Then they might issue the visa with a time condition for claims on any similar ops. I have heard that back ops can be restricted to 3 years - things like that.

I know mine because I asked the Dr. So it is a process and we all wait again

Fern

The Dr told me that if you have had a big op (something that not everyone has) then you are a cat B and the meds are referred to a panel to see if you are going to cost the Aussie gov money. Then they might issue the visa with a time condition for claims on any similar ops. I have heard that back ops can be restricted to 3 years - things like that.

I know mine because I asked the Dr. So it is a process and we all wait again

Fern

Hi,

I'm sure I will fall under Cat B as I have had major surgery over the years, but the last 6 years have been good, with no ops. As you say, lets wait and see.

Tevil

Hi All you parent visa waiters,

Update from us and my inlaws. Medicals completed and posted off to Sydney last week. Police clearances couriered from SA to Perth on the 29th March. Assurance of Support interview completed on the 30thMarch, Bank Garantee arranged at common wealth bank and returned to Centre Link Perth. In other words all complete on our side. Just waiting now for someone at visa processing centre to pick up the file and to tell us my inlaws have their visa. So last 10m of a 1000m race. Next post should be. Visa granted.

Cheers

Blinkers-Off

Hi All you parent visa waiters,

Update from us and my inlaws. Medicals completed and posted off to Sydney last week. Police clearances couriered from SA to Perth on the 29th March. Assurance of Support interview completed on the 30thMarch, Bank Garantee arranged at common wealth bank and returned to Centre Link Perth. In other words all complete on our side. Just waiting now for someone at visa processing centre to pick up the file and to tell us my inlaws have their visa. So last 10m of a 1000m race. Next post should be. Visa granted.

Cheers

Blinkers-Off

Hi

That's great news, things are a happening at last.

Our meds and documents have been in Auz since 21 March, just hope we hear soon, so we can get on with our lives.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers

HI all you parents out there!

We are looking at moving but my husband will not move if he cannot convince his parents to join us. His dad did look at the CPV option a while back and he can afford to pay for the visa and buy something small(flat) when he gets there but then that is 90% or more of his savings gone! Are you able to move over with sufficient money to support yourselves or do you have some sort of work ideas for when you get there?

Does anyone know of parents who have moved over on a CPV, how are they doing? And how are they supporting themselves? I can understand that it is a very scary venture at a later stage of life, so wondering what you feel about such a move and how you do it!

Thanks!

Hi Diner,

It sounds like he will be better off that I am. I guess it all depends how old they are.

I will be able to work for a good 10/15 years and be able to buy a house eventually :ilikeit:

They must try to bring a container because to start all over again is no joke as you get older.

To have your own things definately makes it easier.

I will have a difficult road ahead but I have decided that my children, near & grand, are what's important to me in life and I cannot see any reason to be the one to hold back family for a country that will give me nothing in return.

Money is not everything! Family is :D

The rest is just Geography. Besides it is a better life in Au. and a whole lot safer

I hope for your sake they decide to follow you, good luck!

Fern

PS Trevil, I am still waiting for my Medicals to get to DIAC - I hope to hear soon, now it is nearly 5 weeks waiting :rolleyes:

Hi Diner

That's a really good question! All the best with your decision-making.

We brought my mom over to live with us, as she's single, retired, and there's absolutely no question of her supporting herself! I was wondering if there's anyone else with experience of or plans for moving in with your kids/having parents move in with you on arrival in Australia. It would be nice to compare notes on the best ways to make it work.

HI all you parents out there!

We are looking at moving but my husband will not move if he cannot convince his parents to join us. His dad did look at the CPV option a while back and he can afford to pay for the visa and buy something small(flat) when he gets there but then that is 90% or more of his savings gone! Are you able to move over with sufficient money to support yourselves or do you have some sort of work ideas for when you get there?

Does anyone know of parents who have moved over on a CPV, how are they doing? And how are they supporting themselves? I can understand that it is a very scary venture at a later stage of life, so wondering what you feel about such a move and how you do it!

Thanks!

Hi Diner

I agree it is a scary decision to make, but we decided to be adventurous and cant't imagine being so far away from our children and grandchildren for the rest of our lives. My husband and I will definitely have to work in Aus to supplement our pension/income, so we took early retirement from our jobs in SA at the end of January and are now touring around SA whilst we wait in anticipation. We owned our home in SA, but will rent a place in Perth, unless we win the Lotto.

PS.

Fern we haven't heard anything further re our meds. Hopefully we will all hear by the end of this week. Hold thumbs!!!

Hi guys

Thanks for you replies. Unfortunately, I think my FIL fears financial difficulty more than distance from family and crime. :unsure: at the moment.

Your replies have given me a bit of an idea of how things are. Thanks!

Hi trevil,

It looks like your application has had some progress, wish I could say the same for ours.

We have also taken the decision to emmigrate at 60+ because we want to be close to both our children in Perth. Plus there are two grand children (first ones!) due in May and Aug, which gives more reason to emmigrate. We will be departing in 5 weeks time to be there for the birth of the grand children. What we are waiting for is info like queing date etc. Sometimes the waiting while it seems nothing is happening gets to us sometimes.

I am still working till end Feb next year, when I will take early retirement, ready to finalise everything for the move - I hope and pray.

Hi trevil,

It looks like your application has had some progress, wish I could say the same for ours.

We have also taken the decision to emmigrate at 60+ because we want to be close to both our children in Perth. Plus there are two grand children (first ones!) due in May and Aug, which gives more reason to emmigrate. We will be departing in 5 weeks time to be there for the birth of the grand children. What we are waiting for is info like queing date etc. Sometimes the waiting while it seems nothing is happening gets to us sometimes.

I am still working till end Feb next year, when I will take early retirement, ready to finalise everything for the move - I hope and pray.

Hi RitchB

Yes, finally some progress has been made,with our application, just hope we don't have to wait much longer to hear whether our meds are okay. It's taken Diac just under a year to inform us that we need to submit our medicals, so you should hear from them by the end of this year. Apparently offshore visas can take between 12 - 18mnths, so wouldn't worry about the queing date. I know it is a lengthy process, but will be well worth it in the end. Hope you have a wonderful time in Perth with your family as you await the arrival of your first grand child - and hope and pray that all goes well with your application.

I'll keep you posted.

My medicals were uploaded yesterday exactly 6 weeks wait and my CO has sent the letter telling me to pay VAC and leave.

So I fly out on Sunday :ilikeit:

I hope it will not take too long after that.

At last! I am so excited to finally have it all happen to me!

Fern