189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

All the best guys.

Last year our visa came through on the 24th Dec. Best xmas present for us but not so much for the family.

• Like 2

Hahaha gosh i have so much to learn @RYLC :lol:

But its so exciting and i cannot wait to immerse myself into a new way of life ;) 

Thanks so much :ilikeit:

• Like 2

@MonTage Sorry I don't get the chance to get onto the forum as much lately! X-rays don't have to be done prior, we just asked Shipmed if we could so that our appointment on Monday with the whole family (including our 1 and 2 year old :unsure:), will go as smoothly as possible. So they said we could do our X-rays separately and beforehand, as the kids don't need them. After your message I got a panic and even phoned them to make sure it didn't need to be same day, and they said it's fine. We are using Shipmed at Entabeni Hospital in Durbs.

@Deezo Congrats on medicals being completed, at long last! I would have also been losing my nut, knowing it was being delayed due to technical issues. Shouldn't be your problem! But good for you that you persisted, it obviously worked and put a fire under their bum :lol:

@Addy31 Man that is sooooo annoying. Our agent would also go away for a whole week here and there, and it would delay us, but in the end it hasn't impacted our timeline at all, and everything stays on track, don't worry. But that is annoying. I do think you will have it by Christmas though, if it goes in end September. Hang in there!!

So I did my X-ray this morning, it took about...5 seconds?? Crazy. So very uneventful and quick. Full medicals to be done Monday. Unlike you Deezo I can't go checking an Immi Account to see it's status as we're using an agent. So going to have to patiently sit back and wait for news from her. @ChrisH I'm also just sitting back now and researching Aus and what to expect, there's still plenty to do and plan while we wait for PCC and medicals.

So... a question for our August lodgers, as I am curious - what are your timelines? Activating and returning to relocate at a later date, or taking the plunge 100% on first trip? We were originally thinking Feb 2017 (one way ticket style, no activations for us), so that my youngest will be under 2 (turns 2 19 Feb), to save on airfare :lol:, but we are now thinking March or April...

Happy Thursday all, almost Friday!!

• Like 2

@JoVincent, we're in a bit of an interesting situation as my brother is getting married next year December and both my wife and I are in the wedding party.  This makes it tricky in terms of wedding stuff we have already committed to.  For now our plan is to make the move Jan 2018.

Who knows what happens when that visa is actually approved?!?!

Edited by ChrisH
  • Like 2

@ChrisH if visa gets approved soon (which it might) you'll just have to go on holiday next year to activate, can check out suburbs/schools etc. It will all work out how it's meant to!

14 hours ago, RYLC said:

On a side note: you might like to know that rooting means screwing in Australia ☺️

All the best Deezo. Fingers crossed for you. 

Really????

40 minutes ago, Addy31 said:

@JoVincent we are thinking of leaving at the end of Feb 2017, that is if the visa comes out on time. One way flight ticket for us.....

you should consider a return ticket, as they are sometimes like R100 more than a one way.

even a flexible return. you may want to visit friends and family sometime,

Edited by MonTage
extra info
  • Like 1

Thanks @JoVincent :) 

The x-rays are very simple yet SO EXPENSIVE!!! Why???

Anyways i managed to get out medical aid to pay so just waiting for a refund ;) 

Oh and you can also check you medicals status on eMedical using your Surname, HAP ID & DOB so you should have that...

We are going to start selling off everything and give notice on rental (2 months with our landlord), employer etc and then make our way so id Visa is granted now in September then maybe end of November beginning of December this year and we will go without a job as we have a friend who is willing to put us up so we will get anything just until we can find our own place and keep applying for more permanent work while we are there... if everything falls into place with selling of cars etc.

@ChrisH thats a bit of a spanner in the works there but i guess thats the other part of immigration is being able to fly home for special events, funerals and the like which may not be easy in the beginning :( 

Thanks for the info @MonTage:)

Good to know as that may always come in handy with coming home for anything in the first year or so ;) 

• Like 1

On 08/09/2016 at 4:13 PM, Deezo said:

The x-rays are very simple yet SO EXPENSIVE!!! Why???

I think the actual machine costs quite a bit and then you have the radiologists consultation on top of that as well.

Our case officer has been assigned, requested the PCC and Medicals (going on Wednesday)!

We really have to sit and look at our timeline, we have to go on the activation trip anyway and then its the one way ticket to Aus.  Whether we stay and only go after the wedding or just go over next year and fly in for the wedding, its 3 tickets either way.  I guess the concern would be whether we could get leave that side and whether I would be able to find a job soon enough to allow us to fly back.

• Like 2

Yikes it is expensive hey!! So we just completed our medicals - it cost R4,900 excluding X-rays, which was R1,070 for my husband and I. So altogether R7,040!! It went ok - it was a bit chaotic with our 2 kids, and my 1,5 year old was quite embarrassing and screeched the entire time the doctor so much as touched him. Hahaha, ah well. And then my 2 year old had to get a TB test done, which you do at Ampath but then you have to go back in 3 days time for them to go through the results (they prick their arm initially and then they inspect the area on the third day when you go back). What's tough is that you aren't allowed to let the area get wet or scratched, how we'll manage that I have no idea.

So it was a pretty long afternoon and I'm glad it's all over. Hopefully results get uploaded fairly timeously once we complete my daughter's TB test on Thursday.

Congrats @ChrisH on getting your case officer. All the best with your medicals!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoVincent said:

And then my 2 year old had to get a TB test done

Why only on one child?

@ChrisH it was age related. I think the cutoff is probably 2 years old. But if you go look at your Medical Referral letter, it lists what your child will need to do. If it says "TB screening test" along with "Medical Examination", then they need to do it...So you can confirm by checking the letter.

• Like 1

At least you are done with this step @JoVincent ;)  

Now just to wait for those to be finalised so your application can proceed further!!! :) 

So who that has lodged in August is still waiting to do Medicals or for PCC?

189 visa GRANTED!!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!:D

• Like 8

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Congratulations @Sarah28 :congratulations:

I love it!!! :D and i cant believe how fast it went once you uploaded PCC!!

Edited by Deezo
  • Like 1

we going to be leaving +-22nd October. looks like i will be starting work on the 1st Nov, the day before my B-Day.

Oh what fun!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sarah28 said:

189 visa GRANTED!!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!:D

Huge congratulations Sarah!!! What fantastic news. You must be so ecstatic. When is your departure date for Aus?

All the best for this next stage of planning & packing up! :) 

• Like 1