Visas Lodged Oct/ Nov 2016

Husky

On 11/28/2016 at 8:29 AM, planningahead said:

@jjschnetler, wow that is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you and all of us in this thread as our group is finally moving forward!   Congratulations!!!!

Regarding the agent, I don't want to say publicly as they have been really good otherwise... They've supported me and have been acting as my psychologist as well so I don't want to bash them. I will send you a PM rather...

On a lighter note, I had the interview for the job in Sydney this morning with a Associate Director and a manager. They said I should hear back soon from the Director (whom I know) and the HR department. They were also very interested to find out when I think the earliest would be that I can start there so it seems to be positive! Fingers crossed :)

Also updated the table... Our group has really started to make some good progress.

Username

Lodged

CO Assigned

CO Additional Request

Final Response to CO Request

Granted

Work Days

Addy31

29-Sep-16

10-Oct-16

Form 80; PCCs; Medicals

20-Oct-16

Awaiting

TBC

Husky

20-Oct-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

09-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

N/A

N/A

N/A

Granted 28-Nov-16

Nickyvd

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

22-Nov-16

28-Nov-16

Everything – agent did not upload my documents when lodging

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Hi All,

Im not sure how if I have done something wrong. I lodge my 457 on 24 November 2016 and  they haven't assigned a Case Office. Any advice?

Regards,

Marnú 

@Marnu Unfortunately you won't know until you get a case officer. It took 28 days before we heard from immi, also take into account that it was for a 189. Hopefully everything is correct and you get a early Christmas present. I know that the wait is killing you, especially with people around you getting case officers and grants, but that is unfortunately part of the game. Hang in there!!

I must say, it has been quiet, even on the group that lodged August/September. Hopefully there is some good news for everyone coming soon. 

9 hours ago, Marnu said:

Hi All,

Im not sure how if I have done something wrong. I lodge my 457 on 24 November 2016 and  they haven't assigned a Case Office. Any advice?

Regards,

Marnú 

Hi Marnu, don't stress about it... It usually takes a bit of time. I would recommend however that you follow the 457 thread as I think the process and timelines are slightly different for 189/190s vs 457s...

Link to 457 thread

@Addy31, that is awesome news! Congratulations!

@Husky, @HopefulJo, @Nickyvd - do you have an update regarding responding to the CO's requests which I can update in the table below?

Username

Lodged

CO Assigned

CO Additional Request

Final Response to CO Request

Granted

Work Days

Addy31

29-Sep-16

10-Oct-16

Form 80; PCCs; Medicals

20-Oct-16

Granted 09-Dec-16

Husky

20-Oct-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals; 18 year old dependent proof

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

HopefulJO

28-Oct-16

09-Nov-16

PCCs and Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

jjschnetler

31-Oct-16

N/A

N/A

N/A

Granted 28-Nov-16

Nickyvd

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

PCCs; Medicals

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

Chantel

01-Nov-16

14-Nov-16

N/A

15-Nov-16

Awaiting

TBC

Planningahead

22-Nov-16

28-Nov-16

Everything – agent did not upload my documents when lodging

TBC

Awaiting

TBC

• Like 1

@planningahead, nope nothing yet. Our agent went to pick up our PCC's, but although mine was finalized, it was not there for pickup yet. :( Hopefully next week, then they can submit to the CO

Congratulations @Addy31 So pleased for you. Now we have 2 grants in our group. Love it!

@planningahead Think you had already updated last week. We submitted all final documents on 2 December. Thank you for keeping track ?

I wanted to ask you guys... how accurate is the 28day rule? is this a best case senario?

We are now 18 days into waiting for our 189 visa grant... our status says "assessment in progress" and we have had no correspondence from the CO other than requesting our docs. 

So, my question is... do we simply wait now and hope for an answer soon? Will that status simply change to finalised or granted when the visa is granted?

Im anxious as I we really dont know what to expect.

Thanks for your input and advise.

• Like 1

@Chantel sorry not to be able to give you more structure in this "sea" of waiting, but I do think it is a bit like: how long is a piece of string. Hang in there, as soon as you start to get used to the waiting it will come through. But yes now you just wait, probably at least 28 days, sometimes more.

You will get an e-mail that will either say it has been granted and then it will change to finalised.

A little light relief to ease the waiting ...... ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Evening all, so we have had the rigorous medicals, in Roesbank. Went back for kids TB check today, so that should be all unless they ask for more documents. The way the process has been for us we are expecting that! Everyone was talking about timelines, is that from you intial upload or from when everything is finally uploaded. Our medicals are a little more anxiety provoking as my son has remedial issues, I imagine its going to be a rough month of waiting.....

Hope everyone is still standing strong and enjoying the start of the festive season!!

Our container has been packed today, so all that is left now is to spend time with everyone and wait to climb the airplane in January for us.

It's gonna be a long month:P

• Like 3

Wow. That was quick @jjschnetler

Look forward to hearing about your next steps. Cannot remember - do you have a job lined up?

Things seem to be very slow at the moment. We are at the height of limbo ..... In my heart I believe we will get our visas. My head keeps questioning and insomnia has kicked in big time. 

• Like 2

Hello everyone

Any further news from anyone on their visa's ?

My families medicals were uploaded and all cleared on the 8th December and we are now waiting for feedback. Our application is sitting in "Assessment in progress". 

The wait is killing me :-)

• Like 1

@Husky Things did move quickly, I met all the removal companies the 25th and the 28th we got our grant. Spent the next week choosing the company to use. Most of our stuff is cancelled as well, just the last few I'll do at the end of the month. What helped was that 95% of our stuff was in storage since July, so we could pack up quite quickly.

We are going without work, my wife has to jump through a few more hoops first to get her teachers registration done. Once that is sorted we'll try for her, I believe it is quite difficult at the moment and that she will have to consider pre-school positions at first. I on the other hand have been submitting cv's, a lot of the positions have come back as unsuccessful but one has told me that they are always looking for production people and that I must come see them to establish my needs and to assess if I will be a fit for the company. What helps is that I have worked the exact machines as what they have for the last 6 years, so I'm holding thumbs.

But I'll keep everyone updated as we go along, and I am holding thumbs for everyone to receive the good news soon!!

• Like 1

Morning guys!!!

We are doing the "pajama dance" :P

Got our visa this morning. Super excited. 28 days to the day. Holding thumbs for everyone else!!!

• Like 3