457 Visa Lodged in December 2016

ANDERSONS

:D457 Visa Lodged in December 2016:D

So we officially lodged our 457 visa on the 5th of December …

We are just so excited and just can’t wait to get started.

IELTS : 10.12.2016

MEDICALS : 06.01.2017

Anybody else starting with this whole process this time of year and heading to Melbourne?

• Like 1

Hi! We hope to lodge in the next couple of days, just need to get last docs certified. When are you planning to go?

Hi @ANDERSONS, congrats on making the submission. I made my SC190 application on the 2nd so hoping to hear something positive in the next 2-3 months. (457 should be much faster though)

@ANDERSONS, finally submitted yesterday.  I see your medicals are booked for 6 Jan.  Where did you book?  We also have a tentative booking for 6 Jan in Rosebank.

Where are you going for biometrics?

When were you asked to do biometrics? Also applying on 457 but there has been no mention for biometrics yet.

Edited by CandiceH

@CandiceH, my hubby phoned DIBP this morning to confirm, since there are a lot of conflicting information.  They said that biometrics is not a given, it should only be done if the CO specifically asks for it.  So far our CO did not mention it, so I assume we do not need to do it. Good luck! When did you submit?

• Like 1

On 08 December 2016 at 2:55 PM, ANDERSONS said:

:D457 Visa Lodged in December 2016:D

So we officially lodged our 457 visa on the 5th of December …

We are just so excited and just can’t wait to get started.

IELTS : 10.12.2016

MEDICALS : 06.01.2017

Anybody else starting with this whole process this time of year and heading to Melbourne?

Hello! Awesome stuff!  Why are you doing IELTS though?  It can be exempt of you studied at higher education level or 5 years of secondary school in English.  Just in case you weren't aware as I wasn't and saved us time and money 

53 minutes ago, GKatherine said:

@CandiceH, my hubby phoned DIBP this morning to confirm, since there are a lot of conflicting information.  They said that biometrics is not a given, it should only be done if the CO specifically asks for it.  So far our CO did not mention it, so I assume we do not need to do it. Good luck! When did you submit?

Hello, was told the same re biometrics so will just do it when asked.  We applied on the 16th of November. Called today and said we should have some news by next week- here's hoping!!

• Like 1

Hi @ GKatherine

We are also having our medicals done in Rosebank , we only made the booking after our agent informed us to do so, and regarding the Ielts,  we applied on my husband’s name for the visa and he mostly studied in Afrikaans so unfortunately we had no choice, we are still waiting for the results, one more week to go… it’s dreadful!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had any success yet on visas??  I'm going crazy checking my account every day to see if any change from Received lol!

Visas granted this morning!!

• Like 2

Yay! Well Done! 

Enjoy your last little while in SA getting everything sorted. You coming to Melbourne if I remember correctly? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeaS said:

Yay! Well Done! 

Enjoy your last little while in SA getting everything sorted. You coming to Melbourne if I remember correctly? 

Hi @LeaS, thank you! We are very excited! Yes, off the Melbourne!  I am packing and selling and giving stuff away like crazy on this side, whilst my husband is trying to figure out where we are going to stay on that side.  How is life treating you in Melbourne?  

Hi @CandiceH, I am so sorry to hear that you are still waiting.  When do you need to start work?  

@GKatherine

Congratulations. How wonderful.

Hope to join you soon in a happy dance :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whhhhooooohohohhhhooooooo

457 Visa Grant this morning.

Still have butterflies in my tummy.

*Happy dance*

visa.jpg

• Like 2