Continental Drift - Our Journey

Toitjie

Hi Toitjie

I am so glad to hear that your day has finally come and after all the struggles and sheer time that it has taken to get to this point, I think you'll be able to take a breath and know that it's finally happening.

Both my wife and I are still appreciative on the assistance you gave us and we are wishing you an easy landing and settling in for the coming next phase.

Edited by Hyperion
  • Like 1

damn these tears...why the hell am I such a cry baby? :) thanx guys...your posts mean the world to me. Reading the replies made me realise that I have made friends in strange places :) and that this forum was an absolute life saver. Just typing things as they happen is therapeutic and I truly appreciate everyone on this forum.

Toitjie! Enjoy the last few moments here and especially enjoy the trip over to your new home! It is amazing how the packers pack absolutely everything they can find hey?

Anyway, will be great to hear how your flight goes and how you settle in after the first few days. We are close on your tail an fully understand every single word in your post.

We also have no appetite and seem to have the most horrific insomnia at the moment. The kid seem to excited and relaxed about everything and they at thoroughly enjoying the empty house to play in! They call it their clubhouse at the moment.

My hubby is selling the last of our appliances that we decided to leave behind and I fear that my last week will be without a fridge at this rate.

Best wishes to you and the family!!!

• Like 1

Toitjie...I have been following your journey and I just wanted to tell you how much you have inspired me and I am sure others. I know you and your family are going to be a success story for immigration and I am so excited for you that your day has finally arrived.

Will be thinking of you...all the best for the trip and the settling in stage.

Huge hugs!!

:hug:

• Like 1

Good luck Toitjie and family for the start of your new life! Thanks for sharing all your ups and downs, it is an inspiration and motivation to me. See you down under soon.

• Like 1

Hang in there - you've been planning this for a very long time - this part of the journey gets a little bumpy, too much stress - then it smooths itself out.

Monday will be five years for us in Canberra, it's been a wonderful place to settle and call home. I'm sure you will all fit in just fine, and enjoy all the area has to offer. And remember if I can help in any way please let me know.

Bon voyage - and safe travels to the under down.

• Like 1

You are so close to your new life. Awesome.

Hang in there!

lol...ok in a few minutes.... :) just have to surf a little while longer

• Like 1

I was just thinking Toitjie, you are arriving late on Saturday so you need any 'beddegoed'? I know you have the mattresses sorted but let me know if you want me drop off some sheets,doonas etc, I have some spare ones :)

hi K...thanx....that has been sorted too!

• Like 1

Looking forward to hear your stories about oz. welcome and now a whole new set of worries and joys await you. I think it is a great place - even if it is a tad strange. Hope the kids and your hubby settle and Lucy loves her new country too. You are not allowed to stop posting. We all enjoy your posts too much.

Looking forward to hear your stories about oz. welcome and now a whole new set of worries and joys await you. I think it is a great place - even if it is a tad strange. Hope the kids and your hubby settle and Lucy loves her new country too. You are not allowed to stop posting. We all enjoy your posts too much.