Parents Visa

rene321

HI there We've applied for our Parent Contributory Visa through our Cape Town Agent. May 2013. When does a case officer from the Aus Gov make contact with us. Is 17months including getting medicals, police clearance etc. ? What is the full time until one get the PR.

The 17 months is a what it took for us. But that varies. For one thing there is a limit per year and so if the Cap is reached, you will nothing till July when the new allocation opens.

But pretty much you hear nothing till the CO is ready to go.

My big advise is if you are approaching about 17-18 months then apply for your Police Clearance Certificate. That delayed us the most. It is valid for 12 months for immi purposes so you cant go wrong getting them now already.

Then all you have to do when they do make contact is book your medicals and your sponsor can book their Centrelink Assessment appointment.

HI there We've applied for our Parent Contributory Visa through our Cape Town Agent. May 2013. When does a case officer from the Aus Gov make contact with us. Is 17months including getting medicals, police clearance etc. ? What is the full time until one get the PR.

I would expect to hear sometime at the start of 2015.

Hi Belindaf,

We lodged application for our contributory parent visa January 2013 and still have not been allocated a CO. I've been inspired by Jordy's time frame, and so hoping to hear from CO within the next couple of months. All going well, we hope to be in Aus by Sept/Oct 2014. Hope I'm not being too optimistic!

Good luck with your application.

Jx

Hi Belindaf

We lodged our CPV on the 7th Aug 2012 and have been so disheartened because we still had not

heard a word, average timelines were passing and we were not in them. Then today the most amazing

thing happened, we got our case officer!!!!! 18 months to the day. I do not have words to express my excitement.

We are on cloud nine.

We have been given 28 days to get medicals and police clearences, send in Form 80 and for our sponsers to send in

their assurance of support. I do believe once they receive this information the decision will be fairly quick.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there Thank you so much for information. So this is as I understand it, more or less please correct me if i'm wrong :

Lodgement - 18mths later get CO, about 28days you given to get Health Checks, Police clearance and to send Form80 from Sponsers. THEN 1. how long is it before they AWARD the PR if all ok. 2. how long after do you have, to go in AUs to swipe entry if you not quite ready to leave SA. Thank you so much for all the assistance so far.

Our Visa's have been granted!!! No words to describe our excitement. House already sold so we just working our notice then we will leave. Going to pay for the flights tomorrow. 4th May 2014.

Our time line was as follows :

07 Aug 2012 - Contributory Parent 173 Migrant Visa application lodgedment. (Lodged in Perth)

05 Feb 2014 - Case officer Assigned - Requested to do Police Clearance & Medicals & submit form 80

10 Feb 2014 - Form 80 e-mailed. " Front loaded" Police Clearance posted

13 Feb 2014 - Medicals Done

07 Mar 2014 - Request for 2nd Visa Application Charge - Paid that same day.

11 Mar 2014 - Payment ShowsPaid

12 Mar 2014 - Visa Granted

Initial arrival must be made by 27th December 2014

Last date to Arrive : 12th March 2016

Hope this helps with some of your queries. Be wishes.

Edited by Alkie
  • Like 3

Alkie I am so happy for you!! Enjoy the rollercoaster, it's going to be interesting!!

:) :) :)

Congratulationd Alkie. So 17 months seems to be timeline now.

Whoooohoooooo Congratulations Alkie :ilikeit: - such wonderful news, that feeling when you get the visa is incredible isn't it just.... All the best with your arrangements further, quite a few other people I have spoken to also heard from CO first time almost to the day 18 months from lodgement like you did.... It seems to be taking slightly longer than before.. But wow how wonderful for you and you must be so excited booking those tickets. All the best for your last weeks in SA and your travel across to Oz ... truly happy for you...

• Like 1

Hi Alkie Thank you for the information, and congratulations, im sure you very very excited. All the best. I will mark up my calendar now and plan the next few months very carefully. Thank you again. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone It has been such a crazy last couple of days. Been having manic episodes of laughing and crying. Just pure joy and relief that the waiting it is fianlly over.

• Like 1

Hi Belinda.

I am also from Port Elizabeth and have submitted application 23 August 2013. We are hoping and praying it will be quicker than 16 months (that is what they told my daughter when she phoned). I am not good at playing this waiting game. We are going to Perth. Where are you going to and contact me so when can perhaps get together. The confirmation letter we received informed us to have our police clearance done 10 months after application and our medicals 12 months after application.

Whoooohoooooo Congratulations Alkie :ilikeit: - such wonderful news, that feeling when you get the visa is incredible isn't it just.... All the best with your arrangements further, quite a few other people I have spoken to also heard from CO first time almost to the day 18 months from lodgement like you did.... It seems to be taking slightly longer than before.. But wow how wonderful for you and you must be so excited booking those tickets. All the best for your last weeks in SA and your travel across to Oz ... truly happy for you...

Thanks so much everyone It has been such a crazy last couple of days. Been having manic episodes of laughing and crying. Just pure joy and relief that the waiting it is fianlly over.

Hi Alkie

Can you please tell me how you paid your 2nd payment. We are not using an agent and this is one of my concerns. I am not sure how it works.

Edited by RonelP

Hi,

We plan to go in January, my mom is desperate to go at the same time.... But it seems like it will take her 2 years plus the 18 months... Anybody managed to be in Aus from the start? Visitors visa 600..... She will be devastated if she gas to wait 3 1/2 years to be with us!

I hope you all get news quickly!

Hi Alkie,

Congratulations!

That's wonderful news. I can just imagine the emotions are running wild and the head can't keep up with all that needs to happen now. Good luck with all your plans.

Can I just ask you how did the CO communicate with you, was it by email or letter to your home address? We are now 14 months since lodgement, and recently moved into rental until we go. I did advise them of our change of address, but we didn't get an acknowledgement and I'm a bit anxious that the our letter when it comes will go to the wrong address (even though I have taken every step imaginable!!)

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Hi RonelP

We also did not use an agent. We transfered the money to my daughter's account in Australia who when the time came to pay the 2nd vac got a bank guaranteed cheque and sent it off via registered mail. However below is an extract from our letter

"To make this payment, please pay by credit card or bank cheque. Bank cheques should be drawn on an Australian bank or drawn on a bank that has representation in Australia, and made payable to the ‘Department of Immigration and Border Protection’. To pay by credit card, you should complete the attached credit card details form. This credit card details form, or your bank cheque, should be sent to the address at the bottom of the first page of this letter. Please DO NOT pay by personal cheque or by cash.
If the charges are to be paid by credit card, the enclosed credit card details form should be completed and forwarded to this office. It is recommended that all relevant financial institutions are contacted as soon as this letter is received, in order to ensure that funds will be readily available at the time when we process the credit card transaction. Diner's Club and American Express credit card holders are particularly encouraged to do this.
Response Period
The required VAC must be paid within 28 calendar days after you are deemed to have received this letter. You are deemed to have received this letter at the end of the day on which the document was emailed to you."
Good luck with your journey.
Edited by Alkie

Hi Jamie

All communication was done via e-mail, and all the information which our CO required from us was also e-mailed

back to her, with the exception of the police clearances which needed to be originals. The police clearances we

had done in advance and sent to my daughter to hold until they were required. Because they take a few weeks

to get we applied for them about 15 months into the process.

I found the Form 80 to be tedious as it required a lot of information that I did not have readily available and I had

to scratch around for, so maybe you can download that form and make sure you have all the information required

for that.

All the best, I hope the process goes smoothly for you, You are so close now

• Like 1

Thanks so much Alkie. I will take your advice and get to work on Form 80. It looks onerous!

Also will follow your example and apply for PC around 15 months or so. Makes sense.

When I read your comment 'you are so close now' my stomach leapt! Makes it so real.

I think we all get into this 'limbo' stage and it's not too good to be too comfortable there ;)

Hope all your plans are coming together well now that you've floated back down to earth again!

Cheers for now,

J

• Like 1

Wonderful hearing all these success stories, most encouraging for us. Thank you for all updates. Does anyone have '10 points to remember' when leaving SA eg. What do you do about Receiver of Rev, Banks, Ins Policies ? sorry might sound like a stupid question, before your last flight out. Do you deal with these via e-mail from Aus.

Hi Alkie,

Welcome to the club.

It is amazing, after the long period of nothing happening, how fast things start moving after the request to submiit police clearance and medical is received.

I can still remember the exitement the day when we got the visa approved e-mail. Here we are nearly 2 years in Perth, close to the grandchidren and children. We have not looked back.

Good luck.

• Like 2

I posted a separate thread but thought I might include it here as well

From 22 March 2014, the Migration Regulations 1994 (the Regulations) are amended to increase the visa application charge for Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Class CA) visa and Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa to the limit prescribed by the Migration (Visa Application) Charge Act 1997.

Base application charge $3520, second instalment $43,600
http://www.immi.gov.au/About/Pages/legal/nolcs/20140322-12.aspx

What were the charges before the increase please?

2009 - $1705 and $34330

2010 - $1735 and $37965

April 2011 - $1795 and $37965

Nov 2011 - $2595 and $40015

2012 - $2060 and $42220

2013 - $2060 and $42220

March 2014 - $3520 and $43,600

Thanks Jordy. Taking the exchange rate into account, it is becoming out of reach soon :( Fortunately my in-laws moved over 6 years ago and I don't have parents, but a friend's parents are about to start the application and will struggle with this.

Edited by Crisplet

2009 - $1705 and $34330

2010 - $1735 and $37965

April 2011 - $1795 and $37965

Nov 2011 - $2595 and $40015

2012 - $2060 and $42220

2013 - $2060 and $42220

March 2014 - $3520 and $43,600

And that is per applicant!? Ja-wat I have given up, it's more than their house is worth :(

And that is per applicant!? Ja-wat I have given up, it's more than their house is worth :(

Dont forget to add on the $10000 bond as well paid by the child sponsoring, although you do get this back in 10 years.

• Like 1