Milo has caffiene in it!

Guest Lara

AllisonW, I understand where you are coming from on these topics.

I don't subscribe to all of of these, but we(my wife and me) have thoroughly looked into some and found substantive research/proof on some of these topics. I understand that its not for everybody for instance i can never give up my meat - it's unthinkable !

Although these topics cover quite a range of issues and topics, eating healthy for us is our main bugbear - we have done alot of reading and testing of different diets etc and find that there are some justification for some of these claims (although one article seldom gives all the facts). We have dumped milk for example and found it beneficial, although milk is healthy when used in some situations mostly it is not helpfull. We have also limited our bread intake and once again there are health benefits we experienced.

I think it is important to not only hear and repeat the worry and fears stirred by some articles but to focus on the research and proofs that these point to and also read the detractors' opinion, then it's easy to test it out for yourself and see if it works for you, thats what we did and we're quite happy with what we did sofar.

We are also very glad to be going to Oz as organic and other fresh produce are much more available there.

I am sure that the more natural way is allways better but unfortunately the Garden of Eden is locked so we have to scrounge around its gates, that's why we're going to Oz! hehe

Knowledge is power, but with the internet one has to put much more effort into your research to try and sift thru the intellectual clutter and self-interest to find the truth.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omzig

• polly

• AllisonW

• Cyberdeth

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends who recently returned from America said the latest conspiracy theory over there is that the Free Masons(?) (I'm not sure who they are so no offense intended) of whom Obama is apparently one, is slowly poisening the Americans with all the crap they put into food ect. Cancer is the biggest killer and can be directly linked to artificial colourants and flavours. Apparently they want to "purify" the nation. Sounds a lot like Scientology or something. Whatever.....

But yes, the only diet that ever worked for me was cutting out all white stuff: milk, sugar, bread, flour ect. Recently I read that an Australian state (think it's Victoria) wanted to ban oranges from sportactivities, because there's too much acid or something in.

Interesting topic: Can't live with it, can't live without it...... <_<

I fully support AllisonW's viewpoint and posts. I also really like the straight talk.

Lara obviously has a very subtle sense of humour, and has been keeping this thread going by posting fringe theories. However, there are people out there who may not see through these posts, may take them seriously, and might harm themselves, and even worse - their children, by rejecting science and applying harebrained alternative beliefs which are masked under the muddy concepts of "holistic", "organic", "natural" or "traditional".

Some people seem to forget that back in the times when humans lived as "nature intended", in a "traditional" way, only eating "organic" produce, and not vaccinating their children, the life expectancy was 35 at best. Let's not even talk about infant mortality.

AllisonW is correct in bringing sanity to this topic. I have almost no moral problem letting dumb grown-up hippies kill themselves off by using olive oil instead of sunscreen, but it would be really unfair to their children, who haven't yet had the chance to get a proper education and chose for themselves.

Friends who recently returned from America said the latest conspiracy theory over there is that the Free Masons(?) (I'm not sure who they are so no offense intended) of whom Obama is apparently one, is slowly poisening the Americans with all the crap they put into food ect. Cancer is the biggest killer and can be directly linked to artificial colourants and flavours. Apparently they want to "purify" the nation. Sounds a lot like Scientology or something. Whatever.....

Why don't you ask your friends to join the local Masonic lodge? Membership is not by invitation - one must just express the desire to be a part of it. Only men are accepted though. Once they've been to a few lodge meetings, they will be in on all conspiracies, secret signs, handshakes and passwords. Or they will just be a part of a group of old men who are trying to escape their wives for the evening and have some drinks in peace.

group of old men who are trying to escape their wives for the evening and have some drinks in peace

LOL! Think you just convinced my hubby to join <_<

Many American presidents have been Freemasons.

My brother and my father in law are both Freemasons, there is nothing sinister about them- the society has been subject to ridicule because of the use of secret handshakes and ceremonies but the premise of Freemasonry is that no matter where in the world- Freemasons help one another.

There are many lodges in Scotland dating back hundreds of years.

Further info Freemasonry- Wikipedia

Edited by AndreaL

I fully support AllisonW's viewpoint and posts. I also really like the straight talk.

AllisonW is correct in bringing sanity to this topic. I have almost no moral problem letting dumb grown-up hippies kill themselves off by using olive oil instead of sunscreen, but it would be really unfair to their children, who haven't yet had the chance to get a proper education and chose for themselves.

I feel the same way.

I too have thought long and hard about immunising my kids- when it was time for my son to have his chickenpox vaccination I spoke to the nurse about my concerns of "over immunising"

At the end of the day I am not willing to play russian roulette with my childrens lives and risk them dying or being brain damaged by exposure to measles, meningitis or any other easily preventable illness.

If you need more information about childhood immunisation and the potential side effects visit www.immunisehealth.gov.au just one look at all the potentially lethal complications of not having your kids immunised should be enough to convince the average parent that immunisation is beneficial-why would you choose to risk your childs life?

Of course we all want to do the best for our families- but it is not fair to impose your beliefs on other people, I am a vegetarian, the rest of my family eat meat- it is their choice and who am I to take the pleasure of meat away from them?

Thanks for the info on the Freemasons. We (women) must do something. Teaparties aren't good enough anymore. The men are outdoing us with Mighty Men also. At least in these 2 meetings the men are save from strippers (oops creative dancers) ect.

Miran and Polly, I agree.

Lets send our husbands off to the Freemasons and start our own girls club. Lets ditch the tea and break out the wine.

Louw, I hear where you are coming from and as a family we support a healthy organic lifestyle and try to reduce our intake of artificial additives. I still stand by my view that Lara is not serious.

Al

Miran and Polly, I agree.

Lets send our husbands off to the Freemasons and start our own girls club. Lets ditch the tea and break out the wine.

Louw, I hear where you are coming from and as a family we support a healthy organic lifestyle and try to reduce our intake of artificial additives. I still stand by my view that Lara is not serious.

Al

That ladies organization already exists. Its called: "Bookclub"! :magic:

Thanks Allison for your frank appraisal of the situation. I have been debating for some time whether to speak out, but I am concerned that she isn't joking.

I think she really believes this stuff! :stretcher:

Boy, I cant believe what I have been missing here!

The thread starts off with Milo has caffiene in it, which did not spark my interest as I hate the stuff anyway.

OMZIG you crack me up!!! :stretcher:

I'm definately affected by it.

Lara, just out of curiosity, are you just a carrier of G6PD, or, are you actually also affected by it?

I'm asking because I'm assuming that you are a woman. In this case you have two X chromosomes, and G6PD is only present in the X chromosome. It's also a recessive gene, meaning, if one of your X chromosomes doesn't carry this particular allele, then you are not affected, however you are still a carrier. The chances that both of your X chromosomes are carrying the G6PD allele are very slim. In fact, since 6% of the population are affected by G6PD, your chances of being affected are 0.36% and that's really small odds...

It's no joke. Our health is very important.

I loved the last Leon Schuster movie.

Lara, is this some kind of joke? Do you really believe all this nonsense that you are writing here or are you having us on? do you really live in perpetual fear of everything around you and everything that you consume? do you really have nothing better to do? I keep on waiting for Leon Schuster to pop up somewhere? No vaccines, no chocolates, no milo, no sunscreen? What planet are you from? I have three words for you: Get a Life! Are you going to go Michael Jackson on us and walk around with a mask on?

No man, i must be getting punked!

I basically try and open as few packets as possible. I avoid large supermarkets and rather shop as smaller markets.

No Louw, i stand by what i said. I really get the sense that this person cannot be serious. As i indicated my family is largely vegetarian and we try to live a healthy lifestyle. I am really amazed that someone would really say things like "dont use sunscreen - use olive oil". Especially in a country like Australia. Or for that matter advocate that people should not vaccinate their children.

I read the entire post and Lara has flucutated from every single item under the sun. It started off with the milo and then ranged a huge list of items from grape juice to chocolate. I really want to know is this for real? Can people really exist like this? Is this a joke? She seems to just move from one paranoia to another. I am all for debate but this seem so to be a joke. Can one really function like this?

A debate on a healthy organic diet, free range meat and eggs etc, that is fine, but I am cannot fathom what Lara would like out of this thread? Furthermore, Lara seems to just google random food items and post these links.

So i ask again, am i being punked? Or Lara, do you really live your life like this? Ready every single label, then googling every additive, avoiding every chemical, not vaccinating your children? Do you make use of medication for your children?

I am not going to feed into this behaviour and normalise it Louw. People who do not vaccinate their kids, dont use sunscreen etc? I am going to challenge these views because i believe that they are harmful.

Al

I guess we'll have to burn our bras.

Thanks for the info on the Freemasons. We (women) must do something. Teaparties aren't good enough anymore. The men are outdoing us with Mighty Men also. At least in these 2 meetings the men are save from strippers (oops creative dancers) ect.

Ok, from Lara's last couple of posts it is official! Lara is punking us all! Maybe she is Leon? Or Wackhead Simpson?

Terrence, how can i forgive you for not liking Milo? :ilikeit: Sacrilege!!!!

Boy, I cant believe what I have been missing here!

The thread starts off with Milo has caffiene in it, which did not spark my interest as I hate the stuff anyway.

Well, if you see 8 discussion pages on Milo than it makes you wonder. :ilikeit:

What about skin lotions that makes us woman eostrogenic??? Any lotion that contains Vaseline or Petroleum jelly puts artificial eostrogens into the body????? :ilikeit::unsure:

Edited by Deon-Louise and kids

Well, you can even worry about the PETROL in petroleum if you like, it is a super refined byproduct of petrol refinement. So there you have it: oestrogen AND petrol. Enough to stress about.

I have a headache after all this... :ilikeit::unsure::wacko:

Well, you can even worry about the PETROL in petroleum if you like, it is a super refined byproduct of petrol refinement. So there you have it: oestrogen AND petrol. Enough to stress about.

Hee, hee, I LOVE the smell of petrol. I actually enjoy putting petrol in my car!

All the years I missed out when the petrol attendant did it for me...

Hope my boobs don't get any bigger!!

What about skin lotions that makes us woman eostrogenic??? Any lotion that contains Vaseline or Petroleum jelly puts artificial eostrogens into the body????? B):whome:

Well, seeing that petroleum jelly is used liberally on babies wearing nappies (diapers), it could account for some of the larger derrieres patrolling our streets. And I thought it was Coke and McDonald's fault... :lol:

Edited by Janneman