Milo has caffiene in it!

Guest Lara

Guys at the end of the day, "scientists" all around the world will always come up with "this food will increase cancer" or "that will increase another ailment", then a couple of months later you will hear "scientists" say, "you need this and that", which was bad for you two months ago, is now integral to a healthy life. People can argue that meat is bad for you, and milk is bad for you, one of these days they will say veggies is bad for you too. I mean you can even DIE from too much water, yep that's right, you can get water poisoning.... Any kind of food is good in MODERATION. As far as getting sick from food, you get more poisons in from breathing... anybody heard of CO2 ?? Yep those same gasses that's threatening the earth.. guess what, you are breathing it in every day, now if something is that bad that it's killing the earth, imagine how bad is it for a human being. And you can argue that vegetarians are more healthy than meat lovers, but test after test have shown there are NO benefits from being a vegetarian. I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything is good in MODERATION... A very good example of this is : http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/98947.php - Red Bull.

Amen! :o

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omzig

• polly

• AllisonW

• Cyberdeth

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not wrong.

Just google it for youself. Type in search words like

oestrogens in milk south africa

As they say you can take a duck to water but you cannot make it drink

You are kidding right??? :o They are not adding oestrogen!!!! :lol:

I suggest you do a little more research on reputable sites.

You can start by wiki-ing "rBST" (instead of oestrogen) - that should put your hormone fears at rest! :lol:

I am in the process of starting my own vegeable garden.

I love old fashioned stuff eg: good old cod liver oil and natural malt extract, vinegar & bicarb for cleaning.

Seriously you sould check how many chemicals have been added to your suncreen. You can buy safer suncreen that doesn't cost an arm and leg in in Natural shop.

Just my view:

I really try to use good old fashioned common sense with my family BUT i dont believe that one should become super psycho about these issues. Hubby is veggie and we eat lots of fruit and veg and soya etc.

Organic: Why not grow your own veg if you can: Cheap and organic.

Polly totally agree about the sunscreen. Come now people!

We have started a veggie garden in our backyard, because I have serious concerns about the produce that we buy in the shops. I am busy making it my mission to eat food as close as its natural state as possible. I also use natural shampoo and soap, and am phasing out using chemicals in my house too.

Has anyone done some research to see what chemicals vaccinations contain? Have a look, you might change your mind about having that flu jab or having your kids immunised!

I'm not wrong.

Just google it for youself. Type in search words like

oestrogens in milk south africa

As they say you can take a duck to water but you cannot make it drink

Just because you can google something does not make it true. :o Hence I commented to go to a reputable site.

On the same note - and this may come as a shocker - not everything on TV is true either! :lol:

Oh and the saying goes taking a horse to the water (but maybe you googled that too? :lol: )

Edited by Gizmo

I also use natural shampoo and soap, and am phasing out using chemicals in my house too.

Has anyone done some research to see what chemicals vaccinations contain?

That sounds like typical chemophobia coupled with fractal wrongness.

Are you aware that the most powerful toxins are all natural and organic? The top one, Botulinum, is so strong that 1 microgram (0.000001 gram) can kill 1 million humans in one second. 2kg will wipe out the whole world.

Or how about some sushi made from the natural and organic blue-ringed octopus?

Please take some time to talk to a qualified and registered doctor before you decide that your kids are better off without immunizations.

This is getting insane. You would risk your child getting a deadly disease by skipping immunisations to 'save' them a one in a billion chance of a side-effect from some chemical reported on one site that is NOT verified anywhere else written by someone with ulterior motives / no education / scare-mongerer? Just because it is on the internet DOES NOT make it true. EVERYONE and anyone can post on the internet. It DOESN'T GET POLICED!

Good grief. Worry about something real. You gonna stop going out the door because there is a chance you might get hit by a car?

OH, AND

Caffeine ISN'T a bad thing. It is a natural way to treat asthma and other breathing difficulties. Works like adrenaline. Everything in moderation....

Should I say grow up? Yes I will.

Don't get me started on vaccinations! All I can say is trust your gut instinct on that one.

We have started a veggie garden in our backyard, because I have serious concerns about the produce that we buy in the shops. I am busy making it my mission to eat food as close as its natural state as possible. I also use natural shampoo and soap, and am phasing out using chemicals in my house too.

Has anyone done some research to see what chemicals vaccinations contain? Have a look, you might change your mind about having that flu jab or having your kids immunised!

Doctors are dangerous. Google it

Are you aware that the most powerful toxins are all natural and organic? The top one, Botulinum, is so strong that 1 microgram (0.000001 gram) can kill 1 million humans in one second. 2kg will wipe out the whole world.

Please take some time to talk to a qualified and registered doctor before you decide that your kids are better off without immunizations.

Doctors are dangerous. Google it

Yes agreed, but so is polio, the mumps, german measels, etc etc. There are more pros than cons when it comes to vaccinations. I think it's always a good idea to first investigate a doctor before just jumping right in.

I find this statement about "chemophobia" rather strange seeing as I have made the choice to use natural products to reduce the impact on the environment and reduce the chemical contact with my skin and lungs.. That is not a phobia. It is a concern. There is a difference.

Bathroom cleaner, for instance, burns one's eyes and throat, that can't be healthy, can it? That is my concern and that is why I don't want to use it.

Yes, that is true what you say about the natural toxins and blue ringed octopus toxin, but I don't use them to wash my hair, or use as a face cream, or to clean my kitchen. Your point is?

My kids actually have been immunised, I merely asked the question whether anyone was aware of the other chemicals in them...I was not saying that anyone should not immunise. Perhaps I should have been clearer about why I made that statement. It was with the purpose of encouraging people to ask questions and do research. No-one told me when I took my kids for vaccines what the possible risks are, and what they contain, only that they may have a fever and feel unwell after the immunisations.

Nothing was said about possible long term effects. That is also a concern of mine. After all, in all medicine there is a leaflet explaining the contents of the medicine, why don't we get some sort of info with the immunisations? I have yet to meet anyone who has. I would like to hear if anyone has. I am sorry that I did not do more research and ask more questions before my kids went for immunisations, and it is not right that people are not always properly informed by the trained personnel who administers them.

I find this statement about "chemophobia" rather strange seeing as I have made the choice to use natural products to reduce the impact on the environment and reduce the chemical contact with my skin and lungs.. That is not a phobia. It is a concern. There is a difference.

Bathroom cleaner, for instance, burns one's eyes and throat, that can't be healthy, can it? That is my concern and that is why I don't want to use it.

Yes, that is true what you say about the natural toxins and blue ringed octopus toxin, but I don't use them to wash my hair, or use as a face cream, or to clean my kitchen. Your point is?

My kids actually have been immunised, I merely asked the question whether anyone was aware of the other chemicals in them...I was not saying that anyone should not immunise. Perhaps I should have been clearer about why I made that statement. It was with the purpose of encouraging people to ask questions and do research. No-one told me when I took my kids for vaccines what the possible risks are, and what they contain, only that they may have a fever and feel unwell after the immunisations.

Nothing was said about possible long term effects. That is also a concern of mine. After all, in all medicine there is a leaflet explaining the contents of the medicine, why don't we get some sort of info with the immunisations? I have yet to meet anyone who has. I would like to hear if anyone has. I am sorry that I did not do more research and ask more questions before my kids went for immunisations, and it is not right that people are not always properly informed by the trained personnel who administers them.

Ok, I see what you are saying. If you ask the doctor what the long term side effects are, they would most probably tell you. I think it's a situation of ask and ye shall find or something in that line. I also think there have been a lot of tests done with vaccines and the vaccines today have been around for decades and I don't really know of anyone who have had any side effects after the vaccines. This is not a situation like that Will Smith movie "I am legend", a lot of money, research and testing goes into creating a vaccine. And it goes through very rigorous trials before even human trials start, and even when human trials start, it takes a couple of years before they are approved. However having said that, if you are allergic to anything, it's best to speak to the doctor giving the vaccine to ask him if any of the "products" in the vaccine will effect your health.

But at the end of the day, like I said, the pros of vaccines out way the cons any day. Next WRT medicines etc. There is no substitution for healthy living, ie. eating healthy food, exercising, etc. But thinking that you can keep your kids safe from all things bacterial or chemical is a bit of a pipe dream. People get exposed to billions of bacteria and chemicals everyday and it's a part of life. It's a good thing actually as it boosts your immune system. There is nothing wrong with eating organic food, I think it's a good thing to have a little veggie and herb garden. It's a good thing to protect your children but give them some choice as well. My 2c.

;):D:D:D:D

Can do with 215 cups today! Think I'll just eat it straight out of the bottle!!

Wait, if you drink Milo, does that make you a cannibal? :)

What happened in I am Legend? I haven't seen the movie.

Ok, I see what you are saying. If you ask the doctor what the long term side effects are, they would most probably tell you. I think it's a situation of ask and ye shall find or something in that line. I also think there have been a lot of tests done with vaccines and the vaccines today have been around for decades and I don't really know of anyone who have had any side effects after the vaccines. This is not a situation like that Will Smith movie "I am legend", a lot of money, research and testing goes into creating a vaccine. And it goes through very rigorous trials before even human trials start, and even when human trials start, it takes a couple of years before they are approved. However having said that, if you are allergic to anything, it's best to speak to the doctor giving the vaccine to ask him if any of the "products" in the vaccine will effect your health.

But at the end of the day, like I said, the pros of vaccines out way the cons any day. Next WRT medicines etc. There is no substitution for healthy living, ie. eating healthy food, exercising, etc. But thinking that you can keep your kids safe from all things bacterial or chemical is a bit of a pipe dream. People get exposed to billions of bacteria and chemicals everyday and it's a part of life. It's a good thing actually as it boosts your immune system. There is nothing wrong with eating organic food, I think it's a good thing to have a little veggie and herb garden. It's a good thing to protect your children but give them some choice as well. My 2c.

I find this statement about "chemophobia" rather strange seeing as I have made the choice to use natural products to reduce the impact on the environment and reduce the chemical contact with my skin and lungs..

That's exactly my point. You are dividing the world into "chemical" and "natural" products. Chemical - bad, natural - good. From a scientific viewpoint, there is no such division. The "natural" granite in your kitchen is almost certainly scrambling your DNA with radiation, unlike the "chemical" melamine alternative. The "organic" produce is grown in soils which provide habitat for the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria, unlike a "chemical" hydroponic farm. Which is safer then?

The "chemical" chlorine-based bathroom cleaner is extremely effective in killing the bacteria that grows around your bathroom and toilet. The "natural" equivalents are an order of magnitude weaker. You and your family are at a lot more risk from this bacteria than from the bleach.

There is a worrying increase in the tendency to shortcut knowledge through belief in esoteric concepts. In the past, natural selection took care of this, but now, it's just a burden on society.

The whole trend toward "natural" is just another commercial gimmick that plays on our fears.

Natural products are wonderful because they have no side-effects. They don't come with lists of potential side-effects like a box of Dispirin does.

Want to know why?

The reason is not because there are no side-effects.

The reason is because these products are NOT tested.

Because they are "natural" does not mean they are safe as Omzig rightly pointed out.

For this reason, I specifically stear away from all "natural" remedies - rather the devil you know than the devil you don't!

In the end one has to check things out and try and make the best decisions possible for ourselves and our families, there is so much info out there, it is also hard to figure out which is true and which is not! While I don't say that chemicals are wrong, I also must say that we come equpipped with wonderful in-built immune systems, which can be undermined by over-exposure to anti-bacterial substances. A friend of mine who is a microbiologist, and studied the effects of these products on peoples immune systems. We do need to be exposed to some bacteria to develop a strong immune system.

Omzig, tell me more about granite scrambling ones DNA?

Do the chemicals which are used on the hydroponic farm destroy the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria?

Yesterday I saw a cucumber with a sticker on which read "grown on a hydroponic farm" First time I saw that.

Very interesting article.

Now I know why I did't feel too well when I drank Red Bull. I'm G6PD deficient and musn't consume anything with taurine or sulphides, sulphates or sulphas etc.

Thank you you solved one mystery for me.

Guys at the end of the day, "scientists" all around the world will always come up with "this food will increase cancer" or "that will increase another ailment", then a couple of months later you will hear "scientists" say, "you need this and that", which was bad for you two months ago, is now integral to a healthy life. People can argue that meat is bad for you, and milk is bad for you, one of these days they will say veggies is bad for you too. I mean you can even DIE from too much water, yep that's right, you can get water poisoning.... Any kind of food is good in MODERATION. As far as getting sick from food, you get more poisons in from breathing... anybody heard of CO2 ?? Yep those same gasses that's threatening the earth.. guess what, you are breathing it in every day, now if something is that bad that it's killing the earth, imagine how bad is it for a human being. And you can argue that vegetarians are more healthy than meat lovers, but test after test have shown there are NO benefits from being a vegetarian. I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything is good in MODERATION... A very good example of this is : http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/98947.php - Red Bull.

Omzig, tell me more about granite scrambling ones DNA?

Gladly,

here is a quote from http://www.radon.com/radon/granite.html :

FACT - All natural products, especially stone, minerals, and sand, contain trace amounts of some radioactive elements called NORMs (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Mineral) that can produce measurable amounts of radiation and sometimes radon gas.

And more reading on radon and other radioactive substances in granite here (recent CBS News feature) : http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/25/...in4292754.shtml

If you have granite countertops in your home, you might consider testing them for the amounts of radon gas they give off, experts say, due to the potential that those amounts are above levels considered safe

More reading here: http://greenbuildingelements.com/2008/05/1...rtops-heats-up/

Do the chemicals which are used on the hydroponic farm destroy the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria?

No, but that's irrelevant, because the conditions are not there for such bacteria to exist. It is commonly found in soil (there is no soil in hydroponics): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostridium_botulinum

Clostridium botulinum is a Gram-positive, rod shaped bacterium that produces the neurotoxin botulin, which causes the flaccid muscular paralysis seen in botulism. It is also the main paralytic agent in botox. It is an anaerobic spore-former, which produces oval, subterminal endospores and is commonly found in soil.

The hydroponic "chemicals", or let's rather call them "mineral nutrients", are typically derived from potassium nitrate, calcium nitrate, potassium phosphate, magnesium sulfate and some other sources of essential elements which are necessary for both the cucumber and our own well-being.

What happened in I am Legend? I haven't seen the movie.

hmmm best you watch it then, it's quite a good movie.

Just another comment from me: It is shocking that people do not immunise their children. Sheer stupidity! Immunisation has successfully wiped out certain diseases. I would even go further and say that in my view it is abusive.

I am all for a healthy lifestyle but some people really need to get a life! Dont let your kids suffer for your stupidity!

I wish that we could have a good balanced discussion about it but it is really unpleasant when there are judgemental attitudes and accusations. Why not come with facts, articles, papers and own life experiences, and most of all, respect for one another.

I post these links below for those who are wanting to learn more, it contains some interesting info on vaccines, but if it may offend you, please do not open these links or read the book.

http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm.

www.drtenpenny.com

Book: Vaccination: 100 years of orthodox research by Viera Shreiner

Decide for yourself