CALLING CAPE TOWN!!!

Good Witch

Venue options  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer to meet-up?

• Kirstenbosh Botanical Gardens (picnic)
    • Coffee shop
    • Private venue (BBQ)
    • Not interested in a meet-up
  2. 2. When would you prefer to meet-up?

• Late November 2008
    • Early to mid December 2008
    • Late December 2008
    • Never

Hi All

He He, wish I had time to visit that shop at Waterfront that sells all the different flags. All I have is a very abused Koala teddy. Congratulations Terence you have officially being appointed as photographer.:thumbdown:

The Attendance register looks as follows.

Joe: 1+?

Andi: 2 maybe 3

KarinaPer: 5

Terence: 1 + 1 + (Mr Bean and teddy)

Firstworldgirl: 3

Fern: 2

SandraDee: 1+?

tennantrodney: 2

Christene: 2

Zack: 5

Miran: 4

KMG: 4

CTFamily: 4

Die Krugers: 3

Billabong 4

If I left out anyone you can give me the look tomorrow. I just printed 36 pages of this thread, and might have missed someone. See yah all tomorrow.

No worries mate. :ilikeit:

Karina

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Good Witch

• Terence.H

• Joefromsa

• KarinaPer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terence you have officially being appointed as photographer.:ilikeit:

Karina

Oh boy the pressure!!! guess I had better make sure the battery is charged then... :blush:

HI there,

As it turns out I am free today so would love to meet you all. My daughter and I will be there at 11.

Have noted Andi's cell number down so will call if I don't find you all.

Your pal, Mel

post-5933-1229237085.gif

....and thhhhheeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn it started to rain? Too lazy to go back eight pages, is there a back up plan?

Good morning

I am new to this forum, this a great opportunity to meet people with the same goal. My family and I would like to join you all at Kirstenbosch. Me my wife,daughter 10 and son 6.

Thanks

Jakes and family

The rain is here!!! Can you believe it - why why why. Anyway - is there a backup plan? I won't be able to come guys - not with wet grass, a snotty one year old and snotty 4 year old!. If there is a backup, let us know. Otherwise I'll hopefully meet you all some other time!! Enjoy!!

Please let us know about the weather or backup plan. We have an hour and a half's drive ahead of us....... Wanted to leave at half past nine already, but will wait till ten. Also have a coughing 3 year old. I couldn't believe the weather: it's sunshine and hot in Moorreesburg (as always...)

No rain at the moment. Seems like the occasional drop or two but really nothing more... As Terence said, we can go to the resturant or something, there are facilities at Kirstenbosh...

'Cmon guys, see you all there?

I'll be the 'aunty' with the orange umbrella - waiting for you at the top entrance. Looking forward to meeting you! And all new members welcome too! Yes, this is a great opportunity to meet people with similar goals.

What..? A little bit of rain here-and-there gonna put us off..? You're kidding, right..? After all we have been thru to emigrate NO rain's gonna stop us having some fun today!

See ya later...

Andi

That was a really nice venue, safe relaxed and stress free!! and so good to meet all you guys!!! A BIG thank you to Karina and Handy Andi for making this happen!!!! for those that decided to not come because of the weather really missed out on a nice day, no rain and dry grass.

Here are a few pics I took from today's meet up....

Kirstenbosch6copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch7copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch8copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch10copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch11copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch12copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch13copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch14copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch2copy.jpg

Kirstenbosch3copy.jpg

I have Lots more pics of the gardens if you want to see them.

Kewl pics, thank you Terence!

It was really nice to meet everyone, and the venue WAS great - as was the weather! I too took a bunch of pics which I will upload shortly.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to attend! Karina, thanks for organizing the event! Cape Town forumites ROCK!!!

:blink:

Hi Guys

Lovely event... great venue... nice to be able to place faces with names... Terence thanks for the pics...

Joefromsa

Thanks Andi and Joe!! if anyone would like the original large size images for themselves please let me know, these ones I reduced for easier loading on the forum. Just PM and I will email them to you, (they are a couple of megs in size so be warned!) just point out which ones so I know.

Looks like you guys had fun. We could not make it. Hubby is down with a tummy bug. Literally being a party pooper!!!!!!! :blink:

I am trying to upload some pics too... Not sure whether this is going to work! Here goes...

http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp262/A...cDec2008024.jpg

Okay, that didn't work too well... Here a link to the album created on Photobucket. If you click on the link it will hopefully take you to the album!

http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp262/Africvisions/

Good shots Andi, what happened to the one with me you and Karina? or was that Karina's camera?

Oh damn!!!!! We'll have to arrange something again for end Jan or Feb!!!!! It looks like we really missed out!!

Good shots Andi, what happened to the one with me you and Karina? or was that Karina's camera?

Here we go Terence, enjoy!

post-11231-1229283540.jpg

Andi, it worked very well...

Thanks, great shots

Class of 2008

More pics...

post-11231-1229283861.jpg

post-11231-1229283879.jpg

post-11231-1229283917.jpg

post-11231-1229283939.jpg

post-11231-1229283974.jpg