CALLING CAPE TOWN!!!

Good Witch

Venue options  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer to meet-up?

• Kirstenbosh Botanical Gardens (picnic)
    • Coffee shop
    • Private venue (BBQ)
    • Not interested in a meet-up
  2. 2. When would you prefer to meet-up?

• Late November 2008
    • Early to mid December 2008
    • Late December 2008
    • Never

Hi All Capetonians & forumites visiting Cpt!

This is the last year-end that many of us will spend in beautiful Cape Town. We might as well go out with a joyful bang! Join us to meet others in exactly the same boat! There are quite a number of SAAus forumites in Cpt, so... put on your crocks, tie up your locks (in case the wind is still blowing) and join us! Cape Town ROCKS!

All welcome.

PS: Terrence, you may bring Mr Bean with...

Cheers

Andi

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Good Witch

• Terence.H

• Joefromsa

• KarinaPer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there,

I would love to come meet other forumites but would prefer child friendly place as I have two little boys.

S.

Well if anything I would prefer Kirtenbosch as it totally represents everything that we love about cape town, and this will be the last chance for many to see it.

Hey there,

I would love to come meet other forumites but would prefer child friendly place as I have two little boys.

S.

Hi Sasher,

Sounds perfect to me... I recon most would prefer the picnic scenario too, so that the little ones can run around and play freely while the 'older' ones catch-up with our Aus dreams and plans.

I'm sure that the poll will soon reveal all! :(

Looking forward to meeting you!

Andi

:blink:

Well if anything I would prefer Kirtenbosch as it totally represents everything that we love about cape town, and this will be the last chance for many to see it.

True... Well, so-far it seems that Kirstenbosch is the preferred venue.

Nice of you to join us Terrence! :blink:

Hi

Would love to attend...

Karinaper is also org... a Cpt get together... perhaps we should combine efforts to have one big bash...

joefromsa

Hi Joe, the two have joined forces to make this happen so don't worry about a split in threads...

Glad you want to attend.

Hi Joe,

Yes, this is KarinaPer's event, I am merely her diligent assistant! LOL!!!

Seriously though, we'd love to meet all the Cape Town SAAus forumites, and it's almost Christmas time, so let's get together and spread a bit of cheer. What say ya' all..? I bet we all have tales to tell with regards the migration process, and tips to share..!

Thanks Karina for initiating the event, I for one am really looking forward to it!

It looks like Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens is winning hands-down as the preferred venue. Great!!! And from the poll so-far it seems that early to mid December will suit most best.

Cheers

Andi

My, don't I just look like a 'box'

Looking forward to this event, will bring my 'bakkie' that overturned...

Joefromsa

Karinaper I think you should ask Cindylou to link this thread with the upcoming events section.

Edited by Terence.H

Yep Joe I hope you do feel as dumb as a box!! as much as I did when I was suckered into your bakkie joke!! :blush:

Hi again. I am going to AUSTRALIA :ilikeit: in December!! (just on holiday though - no visa yet) so unfortunately I won't be able to make mid December. Hope that I will catch the next one, whether it be here or in Aus. Have fun guys!

S

Hi Sasha, that's a shame, I am sure you would have met some great people, but on the other hand you will get to see what we all want to see first hand, so enjoy it!!! I am envious that you have the chance to do this.

Hi there,

Natalie and I will definitely be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi there,

Natalie and I will definitely be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Terrific! Looking forward to meeting you both!

Hi again. I am going to AUSTRALIA :ilikeit: in December!! (just on holiday though - no visa yet) so unfortunately I won't be able to make mid December. Hope that I will catch the next one, whether it be here or in Aus. Have fun guys!

S

Wow Sasher! That is fantastic news!!! Enjoy!

Hi all

Andi thanks for your help. You rescue me again. Yes, Kirstenbosch wins. We just need to set a date. Terence I have asked CindiLou to put it on upcoming events. There are a few dates, the weekend of the 13th and the weekend of the 20th. We have a few choices. Saturday or Sunday , morning or afternoon. I will put in an option since I am the organizer :wacko: and then we can throw that around.

Saturday 13th December at Kirstenbosch 10h00

I will then just have to cancel my other swimming pool meeting. :cry: Ok Im over it.

Karina

Edited by KarinaPer

Hi all

Andi thanks for your help. You rescue me again. Yes, Kirstenbosch wins. We just need to set a date. Terence I have asked CindiLou to put it on upcoming events. There are a few dates, the weekend of the 13th and the weekend of the 20th. We have a few choices. Saturday or Sunday , morning or afternoon. I will put in an option since I am the organizer :wacko: and then we can throw that around.

Saturday 13th December at Kirstenbosch 10h00

I will then just have to cancel my other swimming pool meeting. :cry: Ok Im over it.

Karina

You are most welcome Karina, glad I could help! Let me know if there's anything else you need me to do, okay?

Sat 13th or Sun 14th - either one will work for me! The other weekend is too close to Christmas methinks...

LOL! You are funny! Glad you got over your swimming pool let-down so fast! LOL! :cry:

Cheers

Andi

Hi Karina,

In terms of traffic I think a Sunday would be better for those who have to travel further, and the time I would put a little closer to lunch time for a picnic, maybe 11 or 11.30?. My 2 cents worth converted 0.00001 Au. :wacko:

Hi Karina,

In terms of traffic I think a Sunday would be better for those who have to travel further, and the time I would put a little closer to lunch time for a picnic, maybe 11 or 11.30?. My 2 cents worth converted 0.00001 Au. :cry:

I second this!

:wacko:

If that's a go then you can still have your swim meet :wacko: I guess some more input from others is needed at this point.

Sunday the 14th 11.00 for 11.30 am sound like a plan... (I have to cancel my 'watchyoumecallit...' find I'm over it..)

We have to GET all the other cpt saffers to attend... (even if we have to bilsem them)

Joe (who is so) from sa

I hope the traditional opinion of all Capeis being laid back and not bothered does not apply here, we all have a common goal after all. Who knows you may meet someone that ends up being your support system on the other side when you need it most!. Think about it.....

Sounds lovely...

Antoinette Marco and Luca Frontini will also be there.

Looking forward to meeting the other Cape Townian forumites.

Sounds lovely...

Antoinette Marco and Luca Frontini will also be there.

Looking forward to meeting the other Cape Townian forumites.

That's great! We are also 2, Andi & Gunther Graf. My son (14 years old) might be with us for the holidays, in which case we'll be three at Kirstenbosch on Sunday the 14th to meet other Cpt forumites.

See you then!