Single Immigrants

GTrotter

Don't joke guys... I might just take you up on with this!

I have actually just been emailing a friend of mine who wants to emigrate - and she's single!

Only problem is she's an older friend (45) - so I think a bit old for most of you lot????

She's blonde - slim - pretty....

use it, don't use it :ilikeit:

Edited by LMC

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leigh MC

• MichaelvdBerg

• GTrotter

• GerhardinOz

Yeah guys. You talk the talk - but can you walk the walk :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I am still on the right side of thirty :ilikeit:. Does she have a daughter though? Then she can sponsor her mom.

Edited by GTrotter

I am still on the right side of thirty :). Does she have a daughter though? Then she can sponsor her mom.

LOL! Nah - she doesn't. Do you have a single dad or older brother who wants to emigrate???

Any other takers?

I’m only 34, so 20 -22 is just right for me. :)

I’m only 34, so 20 -22 is just right for me. :)

Oh dear - that might be a bit difficult to find!

Sis dude!

L

:)

Well only barely :whome: that's why I'm rushing to get the visa app in this year!

Lol this is getting very interesting now that Leigh's a little spice in the mix :whome:

Well, I am easy...All I need is a girl with lower-back dimples and a pretty face :) I'm past the stage of trying to be deep and complicated..too much admin :lol: hahahaha

Oh dear - that might be a bit difficult to find!

Sis dude!

L

Only kidding. Been there, done that. More downs than ups.

PS: she wasn’t nearly that young either.

Well, I am easy...All I need is a girl with lower-back dimples and a pretty face :whome: I'm past the stage of trying to be deep and complicated..too much admin :lol: hahahaha

LOL - You guys are funny.... ! :)

I think I know some with said dimples... will have to look!

So back to my original question.... why don't some singles share moving costs? I would....

Just a thought.

L

A lady on the street, A slave in the kitchen and in the bedroom....

Moving on swiftly, is the website up and running yet? You do realise LMC you are now an international pimp?

Heidie Fleisch, move over!

Don't joke guys... I might just take you up on with this!

I have actually just been emailing a friend of mine who wants to emigrate - and she's single!

Only problem is she's an older friend (45) - so I think a bit old for most of you lot????

She's blonde - slim - pretty....

use it, don't use it :blush:

Where were you 12 years ago, between American wife #1 and 2? :cowboy:

I actually tried to find myself a good South African woman by advertising in the "Landbou weekblad". Had some interesting responses, met a few on a trip back home, but none were to my liking. Dik plaasbussies the lot...

Come to find out, one of the loves of my life when I was younger, moved to California around the same time, and I was right next door in AZ, but never knew about her. :(

Not that I'm complaining about wife #2, she has been great. Its her family that is annoying.

Well if the Internet was as prevalent in those days you would surely have been able to hook up with the love of your live :blush:

Some of my pals advised me to take 'pad kos' when it comes to woman oO I certainly hope they aren't right :D

There seems to be a lot of people who think SA women are still the best :ilikeit:

Hah!

Obviously these are people that have not travelled much. South Africa has some very lovely women, just not in the quantities that are avalible around the world Im afraid.

Aussie women are friendly and a lot less materialistic then South African women. Hell, most women around the world are friendlier and lot less materialistic then South African women. Comes from a South African environment where we have to be a little harder I guess. Not to mention class systems which exist in SA. People often wonder how its possible that a garbage collector could be a friend or neighbour with a doctor in australia. The fact that we even have to wonder about it makes you realise just how status orientated people are in SA.

Dont take offense ladies, its a generalisation. Its not all South African women. :)

A lady on the street, A slave in the kitchen and in the bedroom....

Moving on swiftly, is the website up and running yet? You do realise LMC you are now an international pimp?

Heidie Fleisch, move over!

The pressure - I can't cope!! :rolleyes:

Seriously - I used to throw 'singles parties' a couple of years back. Like I said, I have loads of single friends - and even some single guy friends. So I organised drinks parties, where every single person had to bring a single friend of the opposite sex. Working on the premise that just because you don't fancy one of your single guy friends, doesn't mean someone else wouldn't, right? (one man's meat etc).

It actually worked well - I even met someone (now my ex). But people still like to be 'introduced'.

I for one, could never do internet dating, cos I've never been the 'dating' kind - could never meet a guy for lunch one day, then meet another the next day for dinner, and so on.

So - I'm an old hand at 'match-making'! I love hooking people up - 'share the love', I always say!

And, unlike Heidi, I don't charge for my 'service' :angry:

L

Yes, don't charge for your services. Then you'll be tax liable and officially be a pimp :blink:

Yes, don't charge for your services. Then you'll be tax liable and officially be a pimp :blink:

Hmmm - I feel a new career coming on!

L

Hah!

Obviously these are people that have not travelled much. South Africa has some very lovely women, just not in the quantities that are avalible around the world Im afraid.

Aussie women are friendly and a lot less materialistic then South African women. Hell, most women around the world are friendlier and lot less materialistic then South African women. Comes from a South African environment where we have to be a little harder I guess. Not to mention class systems which exist in SA. People often wonder how its possible that a garbage collector could be a friend or neighbour with a doctor in australia. The fact that we even have to wonder about it makes you realise just how status orientated people are in SA.

Dont take offense ladies, its a generalisation. Its not all South African women. :lol:

I must be honest and totally agree with you...Now that I think about it, I have been able to pull the hottest women one can dream of whilst being overseas and over here one gets the nose-in-the-air attitude from even a fat chic? (No offense intended to anyone)

I wonder why? ;)

\m/ichael

I have to say SA women have their positives. I am just so fed up with PC people. Dating one is too much for me.

I must be honest and totally agree with you...Now that I think about it, I have been able to pull the hottest women one can dream of whilst being overseas and over here one gets the nose-in-the-air attitude from even a fat chic? (No offense intended to anyone)

I wonder why? ;)

\m/ichael

Now this is a very interesting point you've made here. Women feel the opposite - we feel like we're not even getting a shoo-in with men.

I was actually in a documentary/film about 3 years ago, when I was single. It was about the so-called Bridget Jones Phenomenon in SA. The director was trying to get to the bottom of this - why are men and women just not getting it together anymore?

It was pretty good - from a research point of view.

She basically got 3 of us single lasses, and followed us around for about a month, in our daily lives. So work, parties, drinks with friends, yada yada. Then we were interviewed, answering pertinent questions about men, relationships, dating/marriage, why we think we're single etc.

She then found a few single guys and asked them the same about women, dating etc. Some pretty interesting stuff came out of it, I have to say.

She also interviewed some psychologists and got their take on why the sexes aren't gelling like they used to - also interesting stuff.

As women, we wanted to know why, if men say they want to be the 'hunter, they just aren't 'hunting'!

Women put themselves out there - as do men - and just don't even get a casual conversation from a guy anymore. Why?

Even on internet dating, most women are the ones to initiate a meeting - whereas guys are more willing to continue the online banter for longer, without meeting up. Why?

Anyway - it's all rather complicated these days - but needn't be! I mean, the bottom line is that everyone wants to be loved - is it not?

Leigh

Edited by LMC

Leigh, I can sorta understand where you come from, probably because I have a whole bunch of close female friends.

The one thing they all say is that SA women are full of s$#t. But none can give me a reason as to why. Me and my friends are actually pretty successful hunters, that being we get what we want, but there is nothing so off-putting as a materialistic snobby girl or a girl with the attitude : Men should just love me for who I am even if I don't take care of myself...

In short..I think SA girls are awesome but we men are not always in the mood to fight past the layers and layers of image that most SA girls put out before you can discover the true, nice awesome girl underneath ;)

Leigh, I can sorta understand where you come from, probably because I have a whole bunch of close female friends.

The one thing they all say is that SA women are full of s$#t. But none can give me a reason as to why. Me and my friends are actually pretty successful hunters, that being we get what we want, but there is nothing so off-putting as a materialistic snobby girl or a girl with the attitude : Men should just love me for who I am even if I don't take care of myself...

In short..I think SA girls are awesome but we men are not always in the mood to fight past the layers and layers of image that most SA girls put out before you can discover the true, nice awesome girl underneath :angry:

I hear you - and will pass this info on to some of my more materialistic/snobby lady friends. Trust me - some of them do need to get off their high horses - I will agree to that!

My boyfriend was told (by the guy who introduced us) that I was an 'hard case to crack'. Turns out he is threatened by me because I dare to speak my mind. I actually do have an opinion and say what I think. I am an intelligent woman; I am well-read and well-traveled - and he is neither - so feels threatened by me. His girlfriend is a timid, placid woman - and that's how he likes them Doesn't like to be challenged. And we don't socialize with them anymore because of the way he constantly puts her down in public - bloody rude.

My bf, on the other hand, was attracted to me for my mind (so he says), and because I have an opinion, and can hold my own with any male-dominated conversation. Now I do realise that some men would call that 'full of sh!t'... in fact his brother says that about me! Women are called 'full of it', while men are called 'assertive' for the same thing... :ph34r:

l

Yeah, I also appreciate a woman that can hold her own in a conversation especially since I am a bit of a goof ball and like a good chirp every now and then.... :ph34r: