IOM cheap one way flights

Dedrei

Just booked another ticket, this time for November, and paid R4500, JHB to PER. Finally have a departure date!

Looking at Hencare's profile I assume her tickets are JHB to Bris for R5800, not sure of Wendy's destination.

J-H: how did you pay for your tickets? If you used a credit card then your card company will probably have an "additional" insurance policy you can purchase. If not perhaps you should contact a short term insurance broker and ask them.

C'Lou

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dedrei

• Ready2go

• Rodz

• Cindylou

Top Posters In This Topic

We have also booked our tickets to Melbourne via Sydney. R5900 per adult with 40kg luggage. Very nice.

Just booked another ticket, this time for November, and paid R4500, JHB to PER. Finally have a departure date!

Looking at Hencare's profile I assume her tickets are JHB to Bris for R5800, not sure of Wendy's destination.

J-H: how did you pay for your tickets? If you used a credit card then your card company will probably have an "additional" insurance policy you can purchase. If not perhaps you should contact a short term insurance broker and ask them.

C'Lou

Hi, I paid IOM by depositing money into their account. I'm just wondering what the insurance covers.

Air Mauritius (through any travel agent) will also fly you one way and I paid high season fare of just under R6K. You also get a free night in a fancy resort on the way over cause the connecting flight only goes once weekly (of so iets ek vergeet). Sommer lekker om n bietjie te rus met die lange vlug en in Mauritius te keyr (jussie hoe spel n mens daai woord?).

Hi, can anybody help. We have booked and paid for our tickets last week, but since then have been unable to get hold of IOM or Deeksha? Did they skip the country with our money or what. Is anyone having the same problems?

Hi there confirmation that they have troubles with their phones e-mail them on MRFPRETORIA@iom.int

Hi Sylvia,

I actually only wanted to speak to Deeksha regarding airfares to Sydney for immigration, but it can wait till next week, however on one of the immigration forum websites, there are a person that already bought their tickets at IOM and is quite stressed regarding not getting hold of anyone there.

I will give him the above e-mail address so and tell him to put in his contact details for Deeksha.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 06 September 2007 11:36 AM

Subject: RE: Contact

Good Morning Mr. Jordaan,

We apologize profusely for the inconvenience; unfortunately, we have moved premises from Arcadia to Hatfield and are currently without phones/faxes.

Telkom have promised to connect us up on Monday.

Is there anyone that you need to contact, I can forward your enquiry to them?

Best regards,

Sylvia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 06 September 2007 11:12 AM

To: MRF Pretoria

Subject: Contact

I am trying to phone IOM – the phones are just ringing – is there a problem with the phones?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Duane

Did you come right with IOM, I am interested to know because I am probably going to pay them tomorrow.

Thanks

Michael

IOM are up and operating from their new premises.

They moved at the end of the month and then Telkom (surprise surprise) let them down with phone and inet lines! They've been fully "online" since last week Monday.

C'Lou

Hi guys

I understand the drive behind the cheap flights - but what if you want to come back for a visit. From what I udnerstand it is a lot more expensive when you want to purchase tickets from Auz than from SA. Does not make more sense to buy a return ticket - yes i see the huge price difference - but in rand and then be able to go back for holiday and then buy a return ticket again from SA side? I hope I make sense.

Thanks

Melanie :rolleyes:

OK, good question. We also thought of doing it that way BUT when you use your return ticket you will still need to go back to Aus after your visit (unless you decide to stay here) and then you're back in the "one way / return ticket" dilemma. Do you plan on visiting every year indefinitely? Plus you pay a lot more for an open ended ticket (usually only valid for a year) than if you have a fixed return date.

Then there is the added bonus of EXTRA 40KG LUGGAGE.

I rest my case (haha punny)

C'Lou

We still have a lot of family in SA - and if possible we would like to see them - and i think that it will be more affordable buying tickets from Sa. Has anyone ever investigated the price difference buying from SA vs buying tickets from Auz. Thanks Melanie

Hmmmm I was just looking at this and this is what I found

These prices are for leaving on 1st December and returning on the 2nd of January (peak season)

To fly with Qantas - $2585 Perth to Jo'burg return

To fly SAA - $2329 Perth to Jo'burg return

To fly with SAA - R9350 Jo'burg to Perth return

It is more expensive to travel return from Australia but an open end ticket has restrictions about when you can fly and they usually cost more than an ordinary return ticket (unless you're a student).

Edited by The Parsons Family

Hi Michelle

The numbers have not changed.

Tel: 012 3422789

Fax:012 3420932

I also battled with the e-mail, so rather go the phone way and follow up, follow up. Deeksha is very helpful and friendly, but I had to phone her at least 7 times before she sent us our booking info. Had my one daughter on as a Mr!!!! Informed them, but the ticket had the same error. Followed up again and will do so once again after the long weekend so ....

Keep phoning and check your tickets!!

It is worthwile - Family of 4 (adult) to Perth in January = R184000. :ilikeit:

Goodluck

Eloise

I think that Deeksha is probably very busy. I mailed her on Wednesday for a "quote" and she also never came back to see. My outlook shows that my mail was read but ja no reply. All she said was that she needed my passports with visa's. Will probably phone when i receive the visa's!!!

Hey

Just to let you know as i am currently working as travel consultant in Perth and having just done this exercise, it works out roughly the same to purchase tickets to travel to South Africa from Australia as it does for you to come from South Africa to Australia. I know sometimes there can be big differences, but also u can get very good specials travelling from Perth to South Africa on Air Mauritius which is sort of direct but just with a plane change in Mauritius, or if u are keen to try a fab destination for a bit of a break u can stop over in Mauritius and then continue onto Saa.

We used the IOM fare and it was fantatic for the price and the extra baggage allowance which u really need when immigrating.

Hope this helps.

Audre

I think that Deeksha is probably very busy. I mailed her on Wednesday for a "quote" and she also never came back to see. My outlook shows that my mail was read but ja no reply. All she said was that she needed my passports with visa's. Will probably phone when i receive the visa's!!!

I found it very stressful to deal with Deeksha at first, until I realised that trying to communicate with her by email was futile. It is much easier to pick up the phone and talk to her than sit and wait (fretfully and fruitlessly) for her to return your email. She does read them, but seldom responds to them. If you phone her you'll get an instant response to your query. If Deeksha is not available Naomi (if she's back from leave) can also assist.

C'Lou

(Departure date 13 Nov - 7 weeks today OMG)

Just booked and paid for my tickets with IOM for the 18th October.What a birthday i will be celebrating!! :ilikeit::ilikeit:

It came to R24800 (2 adults and 2 kids)from Jhb to Townsville. I actually paid with a smile!! :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Just received our e-tickets from Deeksha for the 21/10/2007. It was really a pleasure to deal with her, and the price for 3 tickets to Sydney was only R16100. When I send her an e-mail, I phone her the next day or day thereafter - never had any trouble.

My view on this is that it is a special service that IOM give to migrants - it will not be the quickest and the easiest. I have dealt a number of times with travel agents from various companies - and there service was worse that this

Pietman