IOM cheap one way flights

Dedrei

Hi All

I'm assuming (and I may be wrong) that IOM flights are from Johannesburg to Australia? Perth or another? Can/Did IOM book your connecting flights to the town's you're now residing (in if not staying in Perth)? Or with whom did you purchase your connecting flights?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dedrei

• Ready2go

• Rodz

• Cindylou

Top Posters In This Topic

These flights are to anywhere in Aus I think. We are in Cairns and got a flights with IOM, albeit via Sydney offcourse.

Maybe just make sure with Deeksha.

Hi

We flew JHB - Sydney - Brisbane [Qantas], paid additional to Rockhampton, they only pay to major airports, just confirm.

Our visa was approved on 24 July, I phoned Deeksha, she made preliminary booking, got our VISA in Passport, faxed copies of Visa on 28 July, received quote and banking details on 31 July and we flew out on the 7th of August.

Make sure that you get confirmation and take this with you to airport, they had no reference of our flight ;):( , we phoned Deeksha on the airport, very stressfull, but it was sorted out quickly and we had a wonderful flight. :)

I was crying so loudly, the flight was not fully booked, so the lady at the counter booked 2 rows of seats for us. What a joy, we slept lying down.

I dont think they have a problem to book flights in short timeframe, depending there are seats available.

Hope you have a good flight!!! :P

Elmaré

• 1 month later...

Guys, I just contacted Deeksha and she seems clued up. Is there anything I need to be aware of. Mine's simple - JHB - Perth.

Santosh

• 1 month later...
Guys, I just contacted Deeksha and she seems clued up. Is there anything I need to be aware of. Mine's simple - JHB - Perth.

Santosh

Hope you don't mind me asking, what fare did you pay and is it a direct flight to Perth?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

In our Visa Grant letter (which I have just read again after 3 years!) it mentions contacting IOM regarding possible cheaper one way economy fares and extra baggage allowance.

I went onto their website but couldnt find the place this is discussed.

Has anyone used this, done this? I am in the UAE not in RSA so not sure if this will affect things...

Any tips would be great.

Thank you

Tarryn

Dear Tarryn,

We booked through IOM for our flights on 23 July 2007. We paid R5,700.00 per person for a flight from Jhb to Brisbane (via Sydney)!

Bye, Pippa! X

Dear Tarryn,

We booked through IOM for our flights on 23 July 2007. We paid R5,700.00 per person for a flight from Jhb to Brisbane (via Sydney)!

Bye, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa,

Was this price including airport taxes and what baggage allowance are you allowed to take with?

Nando

Dear Nando,

Hi Pippa,

Was this price including airport taxes and what baggage allowance are you allowed to take with?

Nando

The price includes airport taxes and we can take 40 kg per person!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Dear Nando,

The price includes airport taxes and we can take 40 kg per person!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi All

My family and I have received a great quote from IOM for our migration to Melbourne in Jan 2008

For interest sake we got a comparative quote from a major nationwide travel agency which was considerably more expensive.

This travel agency mentioned that the 40kg travel allowance is only for flights to Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide but not to Melbourne??

Is this true? as this somewhat concerns us as we really need the 40kg each

Has anyone on this forum used IOM to migrate to Melbourne?

if so could you use the 40kg allowance?

cheers

Gee

Edited by Gee

Dear Tarryn,

Bye, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa

I phoned Deeksha last week and she gave me a more/less quote of R7500 per adult and about R5500 per child. Thats almost the same i get with emirates and singapore.

Hi guys

My husband flew to Perth on friday night and I paid R4700. +40kg no problem. could not find it cheaper anywhere els. All the other quotes where double that

Wendy

Hi guys

My husband flew to Perth on friday night and I paid R4700. +40kg no problem. could not find it cheaper anywhere els. All the other quotes where double that

Wendy

Was that with IOM Wendy?

YES RODS

I SPOKE TO DEEKSHA. REALY CALM AND COLLECTED PERSON. WHEN I BOOKED TH EFLIGHT ON THE WRONG DAY AND NEEDED TO CHANGE THE DATE TO A WEEK EARLIER SHE SAID DONT PANIC DEERY.

REALLY NICE LADY

Wer'e wondering whether IOM flights are only available when you actually migrate "sak en pak" or if they could book us one way for LSD trip? (Visas in tact).

Bye for now

I spoke with Deeksha today, and she said that we can buy tickets from IOM (she gave me an estimate of R6k per ticket). We are going to Sydney on a 3.5 year study visa.

Thanks for the info, this will save us some money.

Booking our flight through IOM, which airline do they use? Is it a stop over flight? Or do they use SAA or how does it work. Also, I'm quite tall, and would need leg space if possible....

• 2 weeks later...

Called Deeksha today they use Quantas and she reckoned about R6000 to Brisbane in September. Not a whole lot cheaper than emirates but 40kg luggage and not flying for 200 hours are a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked through IOM & had wonderful service from Deeksha.

We obviously want to get there the quickest route possible as we're flying with a 4 year old & 7 week old.

The flights are costing us R10k less than if we booked ourselves.

I've just booked a ticket for December (bit of a squeeze as the flights are getting full) from Jhb to Perth, direct, at a cost of R4484. Price for return flights at that time are about R12500.

:blush:

Hi I used Deeksha from IOM. Although I had to constantly phone her and follow up on my ticket she was very helpful. I paid R4600-00 for my flight from JHB direct to Perth with 40kg baggage limit. I made the mistake by not taking my flight from Durban to JHB into consideration but luckily mango was not a problem (did not seem to mind my excess)..

I am booking my wife and kids with her and it seems they have a standard rate. of R4600-00 for adults and R3300-00 for kids.

Can't wait for the family to arrive. IOM is definitely worth a try.

Eugene

it seems they have a standard rate. of R4600-00 for adults

Having just paid R4 484 (see post above) I have to disagree, Eugene! :ilikeit:

Hi all

We have also used IOM and just paid R16000 for 3. R5800/adult and R4400 for child.

They are the best and cheapest.

Just our 2c

Carelene

Ok, I've ordered our tickets through IOM, but now I'm wondering about this insurance thing. Is it necessary, what does it cover?

I have a student visa and my wife and I have OSHC (Overseas Student's Health Cover) as soon as I sign something in Australia and get the medical card.

If I need "travel/whatever" insurance where can I get it? I was at STAtravel today and all they do is if it is for travel and you have return tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Booked and payed our flight though Deeksha for monday. R11 400.00 for 1 Adult and two kids aged 2-12. They fly with Quantas and SAA.

Wendy