Mommies chat

Guest natalie3

Guest natalie3

U soo sweet Gizmo..flattery will get u EVERYWHERE...actually i was born 2nd June 1979...

ill have to ask me mom about it..but i dont think i had it because i remember having mumps...twice!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• audz_oz

• Gizmo

• Antoinette

• clarebear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vaccines don't prevent you from getting the disease. It just makes it a lot milder if you do catch it.

Funny - I didn't realize you could get mumps more than once! Must have been awful!

I never got any of the childhood diseases - I am kinda worried about german measles if I fall preggers again. :rolleyes:

Guest natalie3

U can get the rubella shot now..i remember a teacher at school standing in line for it when we got it...a few months later she was pregs!!

And yip...i had it twice..unless the doctor who diagnosed me was a moron...but u never know

Didn't they test you for Rubella resitance when you were pregnant the first time around? My GP took some blood and tested for Rubella and BHCG so we could establish how far along I was, before I went to my gyne. If they test and you are Rubella resistant, it's fine. I wonder if one stays resistant or if it should be tested again the 2nd time around? I don't know.

My little one is due for her 18-month shots and I trampled upon this post only now. Will read all about it. Sometimes they panick for nothing. As I work in clinical research I know how these things get reported and I agree with Gizmo. Theoretically, all medicine are poison to the body and can have side effects and it has to be reported. If only 1 patient out of 10 000 tested gets a headache which the physician thinks kan possibly be related to the drug, it has to be on the list of side effects.

My little one isn't feeling well, and I have a suspicion she's cutting her "oogtande" and it looks like all 4 at once (the bit she lets me look!). She's really warm, but with no fever when you actually take her temp. Better we get this over and done before we fly to Aus.

Natalie, when I read the link Gizmo provided from my work perspective, please look at the last sentence that says after bla-bla-bla they have concluded that there are no link between the autism and the injections. I'm sure it's fine, I'm not going to worry about it at all, if that puts your mind at ease.