Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Hello

For those who have submitted, or submitting in December. We've finally submitted our 189 visa and uploaded all the documents today.

Good luck and keep in touch :)

NAME           VISA APPLICATION DATE      CO CONTACT            VISA GRANTED

MvR89             1/12/2016                                      tbc                            tbc

• Like 3

Well done, and good luck. We still have a long wait, of more than two years for our parental visa (143). We submitted in October 2016.

• Like 1

Congrats @MvR89, I was hoping to submit today but hopefully tomorrow.

• Like 1

So here we go, adding my name to the December list :)

MvR89             1/12/2016                                      tbc                            tbc

JonathanR       2/12/2016                                      tbc                            tbc

• Like 2

@JonathanR  WHOOHOO!! Nice of you to join :) Welcome to the final stop (I've heard this is where people become most anxious - maybe because at this stage we are all about 60k poorer ;).

Good luck and keep us updated :ilikeit:

Thanks @MvR89, good luck for yours as well, especially the direct grant by Christmas. Unfortunately I still need to do medicals so mine will be a bit of a wait still. I will probably receive my HAP numbers from my agent and then will book the medicals.

Hi!

Can't believe we are actually finally at this point, it's been one heck of a year, with skills assessments and English tests...!

status at this point PCC applied for and waiting, have HAP IDs, need to book medicals now.  Last documents being collected. Most stressful of all possibly is that hubby UBC still not ready, in spite of the fact we applied back in May....

Adding our name to the list ?

JonathanR       2/12/2016                                      tbc                            tbc

MichKen.         2/12/2016.                                     tbc.                           tbc.

All the best everyone!

Hi @MichKen, Welcome to the Dec club :)

Don't worry too much about the UBC for your Hubby, I supplied a registration of birth document for my wife which was hand written and my agent said was fine for the application. I understand that only kids need the UBC and that is mostly for travel rather than the visa. I have applied for one for my wife just because it might prove useful at some point, but it is also MIA at the moment.

I am the main applicant and my British birth certificate already shows my parents details so I cannot say whether my wife's was fine due to me being the main applicant but I seem to recall others on this forum mentioning the UBC for adults are not required.

My family is doing medicals Monday, I was surprised my wife got an appointment so early as she only phoned Tuesday. Kids had their Mantoux injections on Friday and the lady doing the injection told my wife not to worry as everything seems clear since the bubble fell flat seconds after the injection. (My wife and I have this unorthodox fear that we may have had TB but not known it :) , I am sure the medicals will go fine though)

Edited by JonathanR
tomorrow<>Monday :)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement  @JonathanR! It has been daily follow up with DHA for this, including completing additional paperwork; I have finally written directly to the DG, but I'm not convinced we will get this!  Our Agent has requested this, perhaps they are just being thorough..... I too am the primary applicant and mine and our children's have all been submitted already.  Really hope we will not be disadvantaged by DHA's poor administration.

Everything of the very best for your medicals on Monday!  It's amazing how each step we tend to fear the worst, but somehow in the end it's all okay. I'm sure everything will go very well for you all and you will be packing up in no time.

• Like 1

So our Case Officer was assigned today ???. 

Just under 2 weeks!

• Like 2

@MichKen, Awesome congrats.

My family all went off for the Medicals today. My wife was refused one of the tests though :( so we have to do it in a few days time at our local Ampath and have it sent to the doctor. Unfortunately this will push us out because Hatmed closes on Thursday so unless we can get the tests done by Wednesday, our health assessments will only be completed next year :(

So I have my fingers crossed ? in the hopes that the VPO assignment only happens at the end of this week, maybe I can still get my wife's tests finalised by then.

13 hours ago, JonathanR said:

My wife was refused one of the tests though

Wait what???

Why did they refuse to test something?  What is the point of making an appointment if they don't do everything that day?

Hi @ChrisH, my wife would not want me to go into detail. The doctor tried but unfortunately the results were inconclusive so we can only repeat the test in a few days. Luckily it is done at Ampath so we can simply go to our nearest hospital.

21 hours ago, MvR89 said:

Congrats! :)

What additional info did they request?

Thank @MvR89, I'm using an agent so they are managing the contact with the VPO, but nothing unusual from what I can tell - the employment evidence, medicals and PCCs.

@JonathanR, I hope you get it all done in time for the holiday closure. I have read about some circumstances where that can happen...  Care to share some insight into the actual examination from your experiences, kids and adults?

I was a bit slow with booking medicals, so we now have to wait until early January for ours ?, but we will be okay with this because it will delay our activation date to early Jan 2018, which suits us better.

Hi @MichKen

Our experience with the meds was really simple. Went to Rosebank. Doctor had a great sense of humour. My 13 year old son had a quick physical examination, gave a urine sample, did an eye test and then chest X-rays. Adults the same, plus blood taken for HIV test. Women also have a breast examination and there is a rule around when you last had your menstrual cycle. If I remember, it has to have been at least 7 days beforehand. Just sharing the facts. Physicals are done in your underwear. Whole process for 3 of us took just under 2 hours.

Kids under a certain age also have to have a TB check. Think this involves taking a blood sample. Not 100% sure. 

Remember to take passports, HAP forms per person plus two passport size photos. We were also so anxious, but in the end it was probably one of the easiest processes in this long journey. 

Where are you headed? We're hoping to be in Melbourne by October 2017. 

Go well :D

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing @Husky, that does help prepare us mentally.  I think the nervousness comes from not knowing what to expect, more than anything else.

Do they check blood pressure, cholesterol, insulin/blood sugars? Height, weight, etc?

We are keen on South Australia, specifically Adelaide, seems so beautiful! But probably only later next year or early 2018 because my son writes Matric next year.

@MichKen

Pleasure. Yes to all, except cholesterol and insulin. Doctor said the main concerns are HIV and TB. Take care.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Husky said:

Kids under a certain age also have to have a TB check. Think this involves taking a blood sample. Not 100% sure. 

The kiddy TB screening is a very small injection just under the skin, you can then not wash that area (they draw a circle on the skin with a marker). You have to do this 3 days before. At the medical they just check that the skin did not develop a rash.

Hi @MichKen, unfortunately we will not make it before the doctor closes tomorrow but it is not a train smash, our plans are not to leave for Melbourne before end of 1st quarter next year and even that is flexible. But my son should start prep next year in Australia based on him turning 5, but unfortunately he will miss a few months.

Our test went well except for the one that we need to redo. The doctor checked both kids out, height, weight, glands, etc. Then pretty much the same for my wife and I, we then went to Ampath where they checked the Mantoux (TB check) injection sites on the kids and took blood and urine from my wife and I. We then went through to get XRays for my wife and I so that they could verify that we had no latent TB. We did our tests in Hatfield and were there maybe an hour to an hour and a half. 

Also note that your date of activation is a year from the sooner of your medicals or PCC date so if you have already lodged your PCC on the system then the date of that will determine your activation date and not just the medicals. So even though our medicals will be finalised only in Jan, my PCC is dated October, so I will have until October next year to activate my visa.

• Like 1

Hi all

Hope you are doing well? The anxiety is definitely getting to me now haha. At the early stages of this whole process, I remember reading discussions from people at this stage of the process and always thought to myself, "relax people, you've made it thus far so surely the waiting game should be a lot easier"... but it's not!. It becomes harder each day, especially when you check your application status every morning and nothing has changed yet. You start wondering all kinds of things.

The end of the year is near and people go on leave - just my luck the person who gets assigned to my case is already in "holiday mode" or on leave until next year Feb.

Anyways, I've updated the list below - hope it is correct? If not, please update and re-post:

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           CO CONTACT                              ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                          VISA GRANTED

MvR89                  1/12/2016 - SC189                          tbc                                                                 tbc                                                          tbc

JonathanR             2/12/2016 - SC190                          tbc                                                                 tbc                                                          tbc

MichKen.              2/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                                    tbc

All the best everyone! @JonathanR  @MichKen

• Like 2

In my view, the anxiety is different at each stage.

I (as I am sure has everyone on here) have dedicated every spare moment for the past 10 months to this decision, which itself, at 45, was not an easy one to make.

First, gathering the impossible evidence AIM required for my skills assessment, which took me literally months to accumulate. Then my 6 English tests, which just went nowhere; that was night after night, weekend after weekend practicing, only to do worse than the last time. I still wish I had done IELTS sooner, but Pearson refunding me in full for 4 of my tests, due to technical issues, vindicated me to some extent, as I was convinced I could not even speak my own home language by the end.

It has been a year of major ups and major downs.  So now it's all said and done, I am left with the sense of dwelling on what I should have done differently and hoping I have done enough.

People underestimate the significance of the emotional investment you make in this process and by this point you are so invested and now, it's done and out of your hands.... and if you are a control freak, like me, this is not easy.

Financially it's a lot of money, no doubt about that, but the emotional investment is huge. Putting your life on hold because you are planning such a massive life change.  At this stage now, it's at the point where your fate, and that of your spouse and kids, is now in the hands of a person you have never met.  As much as we have got this far, there are no guarantees and things can still go wrong... and there is now nothing you can do about it, except wait and watch and hope and pray.... it's a totally different kind anxiety to the rest of the process.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JonathanR said:

Also note that your date of activation is a year from the sooner of your medicals or PCC date so if you have already lodged your PCC on the system then the date of that will determine your activation date and not just the medicals. So even though our medicals will be finalised only in Jan, my PCC is dated October, so I will have until October next year to activate my visa.

@JonathanR, we have not received our PCC yet, we have applied, but not received yet. So both are still outstanding and not likely to be received before early next year, which is ideal for us in terms of timing.

I have put myself into the mindset that the next two weeks are not going to have any Visa related stuff in them. My wife will do the final Medical test next week and then on the 3rd of Jan we will phone the doctor and ensure they received those results. Then it is in the hands of whichever VPO picks up the case on the 9th Jan. 

Here is an updated table

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           CO CONTACT                              ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                          VISA GRANTED

MvR89                  1/12/2016 - SC189                          tbc                                                                 tbc                                                          tbc

JonathanR             2/12/2016 - SC190                    12/12/2016                                                    Medicals                                                      tbc

MichKen.              2/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                              tbc

• Like 1

Morning all,

So after many months, we too are finally at this stage. Lodged our Visa Application(Victoria SS-190) on Wednesday, 14 December 2016.

We've still got lots of documentation to get through, and baby no.2 on the way in 3 weeks time, who then needs to be added to our application!

It's been an emotional rollercoaster thus far, but we are grateful and relieved to have made it this far.

Good luck, we are happy to be here sharing this experience with all of you...

• Like 2