Current EOIs waiting for visa invite

Tntaglia

14 hours ago, renebo said:

Ah man, things are so slow nowadays..... Frustrations are kicking in grrrr :unsure:

Agreed!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ta2Bryan said:

Agreed!

I feel the same. This wait is such an Aging process. I need to tint my grey hair 😂

• Haha 1

I am just surprised that the whole world is already up and running as its the end of January, who long do they take to start working........

I tried reassuring myself that its because of the name change to Home Affairs and they need to update all their sites and stationary......I dont know....lol

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I suppose that as of now, I am officially buckled and waiting with you guys in the "waiting room"........

My agents lodged my Visa today!!!:ilikeit::D

Yay!!!

• Like 2

But now you guys are in the visa waiting queue and no longer waiting in the EOI queue so that's a good step!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, March2 said:

Hi Guys

I suppose that as of now, I am officially buckled and waiting with you guys in the "waiting room"........

My agents lodged my Visa today!!!:ilikeit::D

Yay!!!

Hope it goes smoothly.

I am sure I am not the only one who checks my gmail every 20 minutes? :P

• Like 1

Funny I am not expecting news at the moment so none of the gmail urgency right now. Ask me again mid Feb but I force myself not to expect anything in the first 4 weeks at least - and it's been 1.5 only. 

Here's the table then as I have it now - awesome to see the visa lodged column filling in! @Cloudios I hope you get an invite soon!

ame

Date applied

Visa

Invite for sponsorship

Applied for sponsorship

Sponsorship received

Visa invite

Days to invite

Visa lodged

CO contact

Grant

Tntaglia

25/10

189 / 190 NSW

65/70

NSW 3/11

3/11

17/01

17/01

19/1/18

Renebo

190 VIC

5/9

28/11

28/11

4/12

Sunet

29/06

190 NSW

6/10

6/10

14/11

14/11

11/12

DG

17/1/18

Anusha

26/10

22/11

2/1/18

Ta2Bryan

1/11

189/190

8/11

21/12

Laurie26

20/10

13/11

13/11

4/1/18

LOL

31/10

189/190 NSW

60/65

3/11

6/11

13/11

13/11

15/11

DG

17/1/18

March2

16/11

06/12

22/12

190NSW

489TAS

190 TAS

24/01

24/01

30/1/18

Cloudios

15/11

189/190

60/65

Praying for us all☺

Just out of interest, how soon are you all looking to move over. We aiming for Jul so hoping to get visa by Mar  which gives us 3 months of prep and move. 

Not doing the activation trip separately,  going for the big bang move!

Is this realistic?

It better be! We are hoping to move at the end of March and don't even have the visa yet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CTtoAus said:

It better be! We are hoping to move at the end of March and don't even have the visa yet.

Same here - in fact if we can be in Sydney by early March even better. House is on the market (first sale fell through, hopefully something will happen soon), we've signed with Execu-Move and they come pack as soon as the visas come.

We signed an offer on our house yesterday and Execu-move is coming to give us a quote tomorrow. Will book plane tickets as soon as visa comes through. Submitting 457 with priority processing today and according to the lawyer it will only take 3 weeks. Crazy times!

We're planning for Mid April to be there a week before term 2 starts for kids schools.

Where 'there' is is still up for finalisation. All potential Job offers for Sarah hinge on the Visa grant. So far Sydney and Canberra have top honours.

Tick, Tick, Tick,.....

Anybody else feel like the pause button has been pushed?

This waiting in expect..........tation SUCKS!

Vent over, thanks!;)

@Ta2Bryan Yes! It's really hard at the moment.

Our agents for the 457 told us they expect us to get the visa in 6-8 weeks max, which would have meant end of Jan (and they said it often takes only 2 weeks :angry: ). We are going on 10 weeks now and if I understand the auto-messages from the 457@border.gov.au email address correctly, we won't hear anything for ANOTHER 8 weeks. So we went on the agent's recommendation and assumed we'd be in Australia just about now, took the kids out of school, sold the house, all of that. Sigh.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we get the 190 PR visa before we hear back about the 457 - direct grants seem to take 5-8 weeks at the moment and we lodged 2.5 weeks ago. So if everything goes perfectly, it shouldn't be much more than a month still. But very little has gone perfectly in this journey so far, so who knows.

Pause button is exactly the right description. 

• Like 1

Time seems to fly by in all aspects of life except when waiting for visas. We are on week 4 and not a squeak. We are hoping for a direct grant but at this point even an email from a Case Officer would be nice lol everyone is waiting and even on Facebook there haven't been many pajama dances :-(

Hi Guys

We have our medicals booked for this Friday.  Last year we did our full check-ups before we even did our EOI just so that we could deal with any issues...hopefully nothing crept up since then and we are good to go.

Since many of you have just gone through the medicals recently, what was it like?  What did it entail?  We are all adults (boys 22 and 17)?  Was each person consulted privately or did the Dr speak to all as a family unit and you went about the actual tests separately?  How long did the medicals take?  

I may have left out something that will probably bob up in my head at my recent spate of sleepless nights, so please tell me everything!

TIA

1 hour ago, March2 said:

Hi Guys

We have our medicals booked for this Friday.  Last year we did our full check-ups before we even did our EOI just so that we could deal with any issues...hopefully nothing crept up since then and we are good to go.

Since many of you have just gone through the medicals recently, what was it like?  What did it entail?  We are all adults (boys 22 and 17)?  Was each person consulted privately or did the Dr speak to all as a family unit and you went about the actual tests separately?  How long did the medicals take?  

I may have left out something that will probably bob up in my head at my recent spate of sleepless nights, so please tell me everything!

TIA

Medical were pretty easy. General medical checkup, pee in bottle, take blood (not everyone) and x rays. But make allowance for a whole morning or afternoon for a family of 4. You do it individually but the family is together most of the time.

The only real stress is if they pick up a problem, like the heart murmur with my 11 year old daughter. (All parties do not think it will effect the visa, but there is the big "What if?")

Other than that, relax and enjoy the day.

7 hours ago, Ta2Bryan said:

Tick, Tick, Tick,.....

Anybody else feel like the pause button has been pushed?

This waiting in expect..........tation SUCKS!

Vent over, thanks!;)

Sigh! Tell me abt it. There is only so many times a day I can look at my phone hoping for the grant email.

Some slight good news for us. I asked for a follow-up on the 457 visa - we had applied for priority processing and it got declined, my company then appealed the decision. They told me this morning that they were asked last week to send through more details of my job description, including a photo of my workstation (!) and details of how my role interacts with others in the company, proof that I am being employed in my assessed skill and so on. Which I think means that the priority processing application was approved and they are now assessing the application, right? Or am I overly optimistic?

Either way I had thought that they would say the appeal was declined and I'm in the standard queue. So I'll take it as good news for now, until we hear for sure. Would be absolutely horrible for the 457 to be entirely declined, I had not even thought of that possibility, but it really should not happen. And maybe we'll get news this week or early next week still. Oh please! 

On the 190, we are now 19 days into the wait. According to immitracker the earliest that I could hear from a case officer was last month already, and on average I should hear from a CO by 25 Feb. The shortest date to a direct grant at the moment would put me at 22 Feb. So of course now there's a very slight chance that somehow the 190 comes through on 22 Feb and then 457 gets approved on 23 Feb and everything goes pear-shaped. But I'm choosing not to worry about it (or at least trying very hard to choose not to worry)

@Tntaglia Sounds like good news to me! On the other side of the table, my agent submitted my 457 application last week and it was granted today??!!! I am in complete shock!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CTtoAus said:

@Tntaglia Sounds like good news to me! On the other side of the table, my agent submitted my 457 application last week and it was granted today??!!! I am in complete shock!

OH WOW, super congrats to you!!!!

24 minutes ago, Tntaglia said:

So of course now there's a very slight chance that somehow the 190 comes through on 22 Feb and then 457 gets approved on 23 Feb and everything goes pear-shaped.

Wouldn't the 190 supercede the 457?