Current EOIs waiting for visa invite

Tntaglia

On 22/12/2017 at 11:55 AM, Anusha said:

@LOL, Thx for the reassurance! Just checked and it confirmed that documents don't have to be certified for the 489 visa.

Good luck everyone for the festive season, may it be a blessed,peaceful one with your loved ones!

I am sure it will might be the last one for many of us in SA !

Pleasure Anusha

The last thing you need at this point in your application process is to waste time certifying documents unnecessarily when you could be lodging!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  Quick update from our side, medicals were completed on 21st Dec, health status is no further action required.  We submitted and paid for our visa today ! Whoop whoop!

Uploading a mountain of docs !

Noticed for the kids (12&14) they requested character, proof of address, study etc. Was that necessary or is it a reccommended generic checklist for dependants?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anusha said:

Hi everyone.  Quick update from our side, medicals were completed on 21st Dec, health status is no further action required.  We submitted and paid for our visa today ! Whoop whoop!

Uploading a mountain of docs !

Noticed for the kids (12&14) they requested character, proof of address, study etc. Was that necessary or is it a reccommended generic checklist for dependants?

Congratulations on getting this far and good luck for a speedy response.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ta2Bryan said:

Congratulations on getting this far and good luck for a speedy response.

Thx so much!  Did u also have to complete the character and proof of address for ur kids? Or must I just ignore it.  It is in orange I. E recommended not compulsory (red) ?

On 1/3/2018 at 9:56 PM, Anusha said:

Thx so much!  Did u also have to complete the character and proof of address for ur kids? Or must I just ignore it.  It is in orange I. E recommended not compulsory (red) ?

We have an agent helping us so she has filled in the majority of the repetitive paperwork, but I cannot recall ever having to supply any proof of residence or character references for the kids.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, 

Was just wondering what all of your progress are? 

We submitted our visa on 4/12 and a bit later pcc for UK and Sa, our medicals was cleared. We also added form 80. Now we wait. 

Hope to hear from you all. 

Rene

Hi all

Compliments of the season.

We are still waiting for an invitation to apply and I am super stressed. If I don’t get an ITA by next month, it’s over for us as I turn 45 on 2 March. Trying to stay positive. Have applied for 189 on 65 points, 190 NSW on 65+5 and 489 Tasmania on 65+10. Praying and hoping for an invite soon 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well we have lodged an application for our 190 visa on Thursday :-) submitted everything we could think of including medicals and police clearances. Now we wait to either get our grant or have a CO contact us.

I'm praying you get an invitation to apply soon!! I'm sure its coming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laurie26 said:

Well we have lodged an application for our 190 visa on Thursday :-) submitted everything we could think of including medicals and police clearances. Now we wait to either get our grant or have a CO contact us.

Hey @laurie26

Find and fill in form 80 as well!

There is a good chance you will be asked for it and if it is completed then you stand to receive a direct grant.

Hi @LOL 

We submitted forms 80 and 1221 :-) 

Hopefully they don't need any more documentation. We submitted everything we could think of lol our application says received next to it so now we are waiting for it to say in progress.

Hi Everyone,

All of the best for 2018! May this be a good year for a new chapter for all of us.

We have lodged our application on 11/12.

We have contacted moving companies for quotes in the interim, just to feel as if we are doing something while we wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting for approvals or invites!!

On 1/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, laurie26 said:

Best of Luck!

1 hour ago, Sunet said:

Hi Everyone,

All of the best for 2018! May this be a good year for a new chapter for all of us.

We have lodged our application on 11/12.

We have contacted moving companies for quotes in the interim, just to feel as if we are doing something while we wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting for approvals or invites!!

Good luck!

We submitted 20 Dec and the waiting is already killing me!

• Like 1

On 06/01/2018 at 1:30 PM, laurie26 said:

Hi Laurie

What do you mean by you are hoping to get an invitation to apply soon? if you applied for the visa, wouldn't the next step be the visa grant?

thanks Rene

Hi everyone and happy new year! Hopefully this will be our year!

I'm still in limbo and very frustrated. No news from NSW on the 190 - the 12 weeks window ends 29 Jan, so I'm hopeful that we will hear soon. On the 457 visa I suspect the agents may be twiddling their thumbs; they were supposed to lodge an application for priority processing around the 14th of December but they never sent confirmation and now I can't get them to respond to my emails, so who knows. Very frustrating, and more importantly I'm running out of time, I'm hosting a workshop in Sydney on 5 Feb! Not that I plan to have officially moved by then but I would very much want the visa to be done by then - there are short term interventions that we can do to get me there legally but they're hassle and the visa should have been approved by now. Sigh.

Anyway, we'll wait and keep the faith. Good luck to everyone!

OK here is the updated table - it's awesome to see how the application column gets filled in! (Not jealous at all, nope, not me...)

Name

Date applied

Visa

Invite for sponsorship

Applied for sponsorship

Sponsorship received

Visa invite

Days to invite

Visa lodged

CO contact

Grant

Tntaglia

25/10

189 / 190 NSW

65/70

NSW 3/11

3/11

Renebo

190 VIC

5/9

28/11

28/11

4/12

Sunet

29/06

190 NSW

6/10

6/10

14/11

14/11

11/12

Anusha

26/10

22/11

2/1/18

Ta2Bryan

1/11

189/190

8/11

21/12

Laurie26

20/10

13/11

13/11

4/1/18

LOL

31/10

189/190 NSW

60/65

3/11

6/11

13/11

13/11

15/11

March2

16/11

27 minutes ago, Tntaglia said:

Hi everyone and happy new year! Hopefully this will be our year!

I'm still in limbo and very frustrated. No news from NSW on the 190 - the 12 weeks window ends 29 Jan, so I'm hopeful that we will hear soon. On the 457 visa I suspect the agents may be twiddling their thumbs; they were supposed to lodge an application for priority processing around the 14th of December but they never sent confirmation and now I can't get them to respond to my emails, so who knows. Very frustrating, and more importantly I'm running out of time, I'm hosting a workshop in Sydney on 5 Feb! Not that I plan to have officially moved by then but I would very much want the visa to be done by then - there are short term interventions that we can do to get me there legally but they're hassle and the visa should have been approved by now. Sigh.

Anyway, we'll wait and keep the faith. Good luck to everyone!

Hi, sorry for high-jacking the thread, but @Tntaglia, can you give me more info on the short term interventions that you can look into until the visa comes through?  I am also working through my new employers migration lawyers, but it is a terrible time of years to get answers out of them.

15 minutes ago, CTtoAus said:

Hi, sorry for high-jacking the thread, but @Tntaglia, can you give me more info on the short term interventions that you can look into until the visa comes through?  I am also working through my new employers migration lawyers, but it is a terrible time of years to get answers out of them.

Not a hijack at all! Basically I have two options: First, I have a currently valid business visitor visa from the conference that I attended in Sydney in October. It is still valid until October next year, multiple entry, so I have the option of going on that one. But it's risky since immigration could then think that I'm trying to work on a visitor visa (since I already have a work visa application going). So I'm trying to figure out what hoops I can jump through to make sure that risk is covered - for example I could have my current employer write another letter saying that they're paying for my trip and I'm not getting any remuneration for it and it's for a business meeting (which is all entirely true). I'm just not sure about how this would work.

Second option is to apply for a 400 skilled short term work visa. It takes 12-19 days to approve, so if I apply in the next few days I should have it in time for the trip (could even be much sooner, since my 600 visa was supposed to take 29 days and took 3). But that's risky too, because if the 457 magically gets approved the day before the 400 gets approved, the 400 supercedes the 457 and then we don't have a 457 anymore which would be disastrous. I mean I think it's unlikely, there has to be a way to cancel the 400 application if the 457 comes through. But the risk exists.

The advantage of the 400 application is that you can do it yourself as far as I can tell on immiaccount, similar to a normal visitor visa. 

So at the moment I'm considering just emailing the immigration offices and asking them what to do. I REALLY want to be in Sydney for that workshop; I can do it over telecon but presenting to a potential client at 2am is not going to be my best work... I will let you know if I get answers. I need to figure out what to do to ensure my 457 visa is not jeopardised.

And of course it turns out it is not possible to email the immigration department. There's an online form that you can complete but it just ends up with a link to the information on the web - I can't figure out how to type in my question. And there's a phone number you can dial but only if you're in Australia; if you're outside Oz they recommend that you contact the immigration office in your country.

@Tntaglia which migration agent did you use? Are you alright with naming them here so that other forumites can avoid the same hassles.

It is very frustrating when your life starts to revolve around waiting for a visa. Good luck - I hope you hear something soon!

That all sounds terribly complicated.  This is definitely where one needs a good migration lawyer!  I hope you manage to figure something out.

@TamTamIt's an immigration service provided by E&Y - I'm not sure how that works, but they're who my new employer chose to use. So yeah, avoid if you can. I think I'm going to ask the agent that I chose for my 189/190 application for advice on this one, at least they generally respond!

• Like 1

@Tntaglia I don't blame you for not wanting to do a presentation at 2am, I hope it all gets sorted out for you ASAP.

@renebo I was wishing someone luck on getting their invitation to apply :-) we lodged our application on the 4 of January, it says received next to it so now we wait.

• Like 1

Hi Laurie, I noticed you completed the form 80. Just checking whether you did one form per person or was it 1 for the household? 

I am main applicant, with hubby and 2 kids(12 &14)

@Tntaglia - good luck on ur short term visa plan! Doing the presentation remotely will not be ideal! Fingers crossed the agent gets back to u soon xxx

Hi :-)

Both my husband and I each filled in our own form 80s and 1221s. I think they are only for people over 18 years of age but I could be mistaken.

• Thanks 1