189/190's Lodged September 2016

Lillie

So after trying to be awfully patient throughout this waiting process, I have hit the point of starting to worry that the visa may not come through in time for certain deadlines and planning that needs to take place. I think that whether waiting for a visa or not we tend to get to the end of a year and immediately start planning and putting things in place for the next year. Finding myself not having full control over next year in terms of timing is testing to say the least. I decided to sign up to myimmitracker to see if that will give me some insight. So according to its average time frame prediction for this time of year I would get the visa on 20th December (1 week before the 3 month waiting mark). Worst case I could still be waiting till May next year according to their stats. It does help to see that the average time has not yet arrived, and I can convince myself to relax for another 2 weeks. So if you are worrying like I have been, maybe sign up to check it out.

Hope to hear of a few more of us getting the visa grants in the very near future! 

• Like 1

+1 for myimmitracker. The stats there are horribly dependent on what people manually capture and only account for a small percentage of what actually gets captured but towards the end of my State Sponsorship wait it really helped me to see a trend and think, "any day now", rather than, "maybe they forgot about my application somewhere".

So pick up another magazine, you are gonna be in this waiting room a little longer, and if you need to chat, I am two doors down in the Dec waiting room :) (and I have plenty time to read the magazines so feel free to visit :) )

• Like 2

@HJL Hear you about the planning piece. Do I change jobs now or wait it out till we have more clarity? Do we plan family holidays or wait till we have clear dates? Do we spend money on home renovations or save for the big move? Do we start selling stuff off or wait till ......??? And the list goes on. Limbo is certainly a resilience builder! Vasbyt B)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HJL said:

So according to its average time frame prediction for this time of year I would get the visa on 20th December

You lodged almost exactly a month after us.  We got our grant on the 11th of Nov so you might actually get yours this week.

• Like 1

Hi @Addy31. I think they are getting to the visas. I got an email this morning from them to ask if I give permission for them to change my points from 80 to 75 due to that error I had made, and that they have finished assessing my application, but can only grant the visa if the evidence links up to the points. So once they receive my email( which I sent within 2 minutes of getting the request), it can take anything up to 6 weeks to get the visa grant. I'm hoping they are very kind and it comes earlier. But, it does show that things are happening that side despite it nearing the end of the year and possibly getting close to leave time for them. So I'm sure there will be some good news for September lodgers soon!

All the best!

• Like 3

@HJL I'm glad they sorted the points error. You can now relax. We also got another request frm our case officer on the 25th Nov. This means we might have to wait another 28 days. Our agent should have checked our forms before submitting them. But I guess they now have too many clients?

@Addy31 Awesome news, congratulations

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

is our thread is still alive?...  belated merry xmas and hope 2017 is a good and busy one for you all. 

(We have been in a bit of a slump after the excitement of the grant and have not progressed much apart from selling a few things and reducing some cupboard content, however not much more than what should be normal holiday clear outs. Hope the new year brings new oomph.) 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too @wonderer and other forumites. 

I'm still waiting for the visa grant. It appears to be very quiet over this holiday time. I'm hoping that after New Years things pick up again. It would be wonderful to be able to set a departure date and put plans into place. My 3 months from time of lodging was 27 Dec. I did however make that error on EOI and receive a request on 7 Dec for them to change points. They said in email it could take up to 6 weeks to finalize that. Which would be 20 Jan. I am still checking my emails every morning as I open my eyes in the hope that I'll get a surprise. I would love to start the year with direction.

Besides selling one or two things we haven't started a proper clear out either. It feels a little premature  without a visa grant. 

Happy sorting and minimising! It's quite amazing what we manage to build up over time in our homes!

• Like 2

@HJL I'm sure 20 Jan will be your lucky day, a few people I know have birthdays on 20 Jan, so it would feel fitting ;)

It truly is amazing what one accumulate over the years! We enjoy camping, so I sometimes hope to scale back to about that level of necessities, but I'm sure we will be back to square 1 in a few years...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

112 days and counting.... Any good news from others in this thread? Starting to wonder if they've forgotten me?. I see some grants in other months so there's still hope that things are happening.

• Like 1

@HJL I am starting to wonder the same thing. After all this reading, I still don't understand how some 190 visas come through so quickly and others take ages (I do get the direct grant concept). Hoping you have cause to celebrate soon.

• Like 2

How wonderful @HJL

Seems your 20 Jan prediction was spot on. Now for proper planning with the limbo over with. Gives me some hope.

• Like 1