189/190's Lodged September 2016

Lillie

@wonderer I feel your pain! I'm on day 52. I keep checking my email every morning hoping it will be there. I guess the given time is 3 months, so patience it is!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HJL said:

@wonderer I feel your pain! I'm on day 52. I keep checking my email every morning hoping it will be there. I guess the given time is 3 months, so patience it is!

did you ever get clarity on the study issue?

6 minutes ago, wonderer said:

did you ever get clarity on the study issue?

One of the agents on the forum said to just upload the 1023 form in the place of where the study forms would have been. Then to press the documents submitted button. I also emailed them twice. I've heard nothing back and that was done about 6 weeks or more ago. So I'm guessing seen they haven't contacted me to request any other documents that they accepted my form 1023 and reasoning. Here's to hoping! I think with the year coming to an end it would be lovely to know what the new year holds and to start putting plans in place. My biggest thing is my kids. To start school for 1 term of a new year (youngest goes to Grade 1), so a term of Grade 1 and then to start again over in Aus will be lots of change. Was hoping to be able to start the new school year at the end of Jan there, but that hasn't really worked out. The other challenge is the 2 schools I like for my kids from online research have a note saying they are full for 2017, and you will go on a waiting list or be referred to another school even if in the catchment area. So tricky trying to plan with so much unknown. Guess it's all character building. 

Hopefully we will be celebrating in the next few days with those grants!

• Like 1

It has been 49 days for us and yet it seems like a year...... Its hard just waiting. It like my mind is already in AUS and yet physically I'm still here. We want to move in Feb but we also have a house to sell so we still have a lot to do....

• Like 2

Hang in there guys :) 

Thinking of you all as i know how hard this process can be :( 

We still have a few others who applied before myself and Chris who are still waiting to hear...

It will happen!!

As they often say, "no news is good news" and once you have come this far is very unlikely that you wouldn't be successful;) 

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 2

Hi All

7 weeks and finally a visa grant - what a relieve!

Very stupid question - not read those long letters - how do you get it in your passport - on your first entry?

Oh - and it came on our anniversary :)

Edited by wonderer
  • Like 3

Woohoo.... Congrats @wonderer! And happy anniversary too! Much celebration for you today! It gives me hope when someone else gets their visa- someone is working on the visas that side. We lodged 10 days earlier than you did I think, so here's to hoping ours is around the corner too.

I've previously seen that people say the visa is all in their system and there's no stamping on the passport. Passports are scanned and they see on the system that you have the visa.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HJL said:

Woohoo.... Congrats @wonderer! And happy anniversary too! Much celebration for you today! It gives me hope when someone else gets their visa- someone is working on the visas that side. We lodged 10 days earlier than you did I think, so here's to hoping ours is around the corner too.

I've previously seen that people say the visa is all in their system and there's no stamping on the passport. Passports are scanned and they see on the system that you have the visa.

Thanks, I really hope yours will be here soon!

I was really hoping for one of those big shiny ones that you can feel and smell :D

Just an update, case officer requested Pccs, medicals and form 80 on the 10 of Oct. We submitted by the on the 20th. Today we got another email from case officer requesting for form 80 and addresses where we have been staying the past 10 years. I guess will we have to wait another 28 days:(

• Like 2

@DuaneC we did submit it on the 20th but the mistake that we made is we only included our addresses up to 2008 because there was no more space and we were not aware that additional info can be added under PART T of the form.  Our agent should have also picked up the mistake:(. We have just added the info today and we will just have to wait for the 28 days.....

7 hours ago, wonderer said:

Thanks, I really hope yours will be here soon!

I was really hoping for one of those big shiny ones that you can feel and smell :D

Haha @wonderer Seems like somewhat of an anti-climax without something shiny in hand.

Congratulations my friend. Hope next steps flow easily. 

• Like 1

Thank you @Husky!  will have a bottle of SA wine for now. Hope yours takes the short route!

Next steps... don't know, my mom was fighting back the tears when I told her today. The down side of this thing is SOOOO hard....

But we will enjoy our smiles for a few days and then try to think ahead again.

• Like 1

Awesome news @wonderer :ilikeit:

:congratulations:

I knew it would happen soon ;) 

Enjoy the thrill and all the best for the next stages of your planning!

• Like 2

Reading  @Addy31 post, I caught a bit of a panic.

Went back and checked our forms quickly, we only gave for the last 9 years. So I mailed the agent quickly, but I think we need to update our forms and re-submit them quickly, before CO is appointed.:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuaneC said:

Our PR189 Visas were granted this morning!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!!

:D

7 minutes ago, Addy31 said:

Congrats @DuaneC and @jjschnetler great way to start your Monday???:)

Congratulations!!!!  Nice way to start the week!!:D

• Like 1