189/190's Lodged September 2016

Lillie

Has anyone else lodged in September?  We lodged and paid yesterday, still missing a letter from my daughters father but will hopefully get to upload that within the next couple of day......other than that I think we uploaded everything!

I'm hoping to lodge this month. Got our invite yesterday so now to upload all the documents. They are all scanned in and waiting in Dropbox so hopefully won't be too much of a long process. We still need to book our Medicals, which I'll try go on and book tomorrow. So hoping to join this thread as lodged before the end of this month. Otherwise I may be the one starting the October group.?

All the best!

• Like 1

got our invite yesterday, so believe we will lodge in Sept - thanks for starting the thread @Lillie

@HJL are you going to do your medicals before being asked for it? do you know if the accounts and nrs can be linked afterwards?

To dream is fun, but starting to smell the visa and trying to plan how to pack up ones live  - not so much

• Like 1

On 14 September 2016 at 8:54 PM, wonderer said:

got our invite yesterday, so believe we will lodge in Sept - thanks for starting the thread @Lillie

@HJL are you going to do your medicals before being asked for it? do you know if the accounts and nrs can be linked afterwards?

To dream is fun, but starting to smell the visa and trying to plan how to pack up ones live  - not so much

We did our medicals before we submitted and it did link the application to the medicals.  You also add your HAP numbers on the electronic form you complete that you submit just before payment. :)

• Like 2

Hi @wonderer

I'm kind of just working it all out as I go along. I filled in all my info for the application last night, and saved it without pressing the 'submit' button. I'm going to press the submit button and pay for the visa next week, and apparently they send an email with the medical info on next. Also possible to do it before apparently. Just works out well time wise for me with the school holidays being a convenient time to go do the Medicals.

All the best! Think we are are on similar timeline.?

• Like 2

We booked our medicals for monday 26 Sept - so might be that we only submit in Oct :(, (hoping you'll still talk to us on the thread though :D:P) , but will try to have everything ready we think they might want....

• Like 1

@wonderer you can submit before doing your medicals, unless you want to have everything together before submission.  Keep in mind it does take a while to get allocated to a case officer so if you submit now your medicals might be ready just in time for when the case officer is assigned.

9 hours ago, ChrisH said:

@wonderer you can submit before doing your medicals, unless you want to have everything together before submission.  Keep in mind it does take a while to get allocated to a case officer so if you submit now your medicals might be ready just in time for when the case officer is assigned.

thanks Chris, I was wondering, whether if we have everything together, there might be a chance of a direct  grant and if this means one could potentially skip the case officer? 

The other thing I was hoping is that one might gauge from the Dr's reaction whether there might be cause for concern re medicals. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about but I think it might be daunting paying all that money and then just waiting for that "TB you didn't know about" :P

Also still gathering courage I think .....

In our case we weren't there when he checked the x-rays.  The radiologist sends the xrays to the doctor that does the medicals and he will most likely only check it the next day.

• Like 1

Just dropping by to wish you all the best as you plan to lodge etc for September :) 

• Like 1

We just received a request for documents from our Case officer, one week after submitting.  And the weird thing is, we originally did upload the documents he is asking for again....

13 minutes ago, Deezo said:

Thats strange...

Were they colour or certified copies @Lillie ?

That's the strange thing, colour and certified..... all i can think is that it perhaps didnt upload properly :(

• Like 1

In what format and was it clear?

Otherwise i wouldnt be shy in emailing the CO and asking why

1 minute ago, Deezo said:

In what format and was it clear?

Otherwise i wouldnt be shy in emailing the CO and asking why

PDF as per the specifications, and all clear.  I am going to upload it again and will mail the CO to make sure....my nerves!!

1 minute ago, Lillie said:

PDF as per the specifications, and all clear.  I am going to upload it again and will mail the CO to make sure....my nerves!!

Yeah thats rather strange... but perhaps make sure you label them correctly as per the specs and then contact your CO but im sure it will all be fine ;) 

• Like 1

Got our PCC's today - 10 days - wow,

and had our medicals done. 

Medicals was fairly painless, but when we 'registered' there were 4 sets of papers with people's photos, info and HAP nrs right in front of us on the counter. Wouldn't be too thrilled if my info was lying around for everyone to see - but I wouldn't know if it did. Also we were asked to just leave the kids' urine test in the bathroom where everyone was going in and out, which also didn't feel clinically contained. I will send an e-mail to the practice - maybe I'm over sensitive / paranoid...

What the Dr did say was that he will contact us if there are any concerns, which felt reassuring 

• Like 3

Made the 'lodged in September' group! Lodged on Monday, uploaded the massive amounts of documents Tuesday and have booked X-rays and Medicals for next week. And then we join the waiting game. All the best everyone!

• Like 5

Finally we lodged today and paid. My bank card was surprised to see such a huge amount being deducted:o. Anyway at least that's done. So tomorrow we are off to do our police clearance then we will book the medicals...... 

• Like 4

A week late - but finally submitted tonight, at least its with health clearance and PCC's. Quite nervous that there is a mistake somewhere and that I have just thrown all our money in a wishing well.... :blink:

• Like 3

Congrats @wonderer

No regrets now .... You are so close. Wouldn't be surprised if you get that direct grant. Sending positive vibes B)

• Like 2