My family

ChrisH

On 08/06/2017 at 6:39 PM, ChrisH said:

On another note, all 3 of us fell sick with a stomach bug. Will hopefully feel better tomorrow. 

We experienced the same in our first month - Hang in there. There is a bout currently going around.

At the same time it is possible your immune system may unfortunately have to adjust to the local viruses/bugs. 

Sydney trip and 99% of our admin are done and dusted.  Driving into Brisbane on Saturday actually felt like we're home.

We just went on a 6km walk in the local park, even after just 2 weeks in Australia, I cannot imagine going back to South Africa and feeling tense and on guard the entire time!

The job hunt is also officially starting today.

• Like 8

I forgot to mention this the other day.  We took a train from Sydney back to Wyong where friends picked us up.  60 seconds after the train pulling out of the station I realise that my backpack with laptop, iPad and our passports are still on the train!!!

I quickly got hold of the station manager, he radioed it into the next two stations.  Couple of minutes later they confirm that they have the bag and that they can either send it back with a train coming back or we can pick it up at the next station...

Amazing, in SA they would have found the bag with all the valuables gone!

• Like 2

Got a call from a company on Friday, first interview yesterday with 2 more interview rounds today.

Got the job and starting on Thursday! I am super excited!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Got a call from a company on Friday, first interview yesterday with 2 more interview rounds today.

Got the job and starting on Thursday! I am super excited!

Congrats mate. 

• Like 1

How fantastic. That was quick. Love it when a plan comes together.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wonderer said:

Many congrats!!! In Brisbane?

Jup!

• Like 2