ACT State Sponsorship Predicament

jurinefaber

Hi Team,

We are in a bit of a predicament...

Here are the facts:

I have received an ACT state sponsorship on the 11th of July 2014. According to the CO, I have 30 days to lodge my EOI. Then once the visa invitation is issued, i will have 60 days to apply for the 190 visa. She also mentioned that ACT nomination will expire after 90 days.

Here is the problem:

I require a further 5 points to qualify for a 190 visa, which i am planning to make up with a higher IELTS score. I have booked my new IELTS exam BUT they only had a spot on the 16 of August 2014 with an expected date for releasing my results at the 29th of August. Taking the timelines mentioned above into consideration, i will not be able to lodge in time as i need to lodge an EOI before the 10th of August.

How will the fact that my points score will be too low, if i lodge before I my receive the new IELTS score, affect the process. Could someone perhaps offer some advice on options i might have? I am very concerned with timelines as i will not be allowed to resubmit an application for State sponsorship in ACT due to the fact that my occupation has been removed from the skills list.

Your views/advise will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

• Like 1

Never mind I reread your post. Not.sure what you do in this case because you need 60 points to qualify and if you don't get that then you don't make.it. regards to 30 day cut off can't comment that would seem to me to be a retribution on the state sponsorship that means it's only.valid for Xbox period of time.

Edited by chzaau

There are other centres you can write ILETS. They may be costly to get to but there will be centres in the UK, Australia?

Thanks for the comments guys.. I guess my only option would be to chat to the CO to see if the 30day timeframe could be extended at all. According to the guidelines found on the canberrayourfuture website the State Sponsor will lapse after 90days....hoping we can pull this off, keep your fingers crossed!!

Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure you can submit your EOI even if you don't qualify with enough points. That will give you time to write the IELTS and update the already submitted EOI.

From other threads the rule is that if you submit an EOI with 60 points you need to have 60 points when they assess you. So if you don't have the extra 5 by then they will turn down your application. Same rules apply if you claim 65 but can only prove 60. Bit of a risk but I don't know if you have a choice if your job is no longer on the list. Good news is that the lists change every year. We came on a 457 and between arriving and applying they fiddled with our eligibility a fair amount as my occupation went off SOL, had new rules apply and then went back without restriction over a 3 year period.

Edited by Sunnyskies