Time to journal a bit

rikamarie

So we only have 5 days left. We've made good progress. 5 of our 6 suitcases are packed. Now only for the last things to still go in suitcase 6.

Today we give our car to the new owners :-( Luckely we are able to borrow a family member's car. Today I am also doing the very very last shopping for things we want to take over.

We had a fantastic Christmas with the family. It was very special. Knowing it will be our last was sad. But we really want to try and be in RSA for next Christmas but we'll first have to see what the year and the future holds for us.

Last few days in RSA....! Can hardly believe it!!

Wow, almost there! Did you pack extra toothpaste? It is really expensive here :)

Those last few days will fly by and then it is the craziness of settling in etc. No matter how well you prepare and how ready you are. You are just never ready enough or prepared enough. Kind of like having a baby. You think you got all bases covered, but there is always something that catches you off guard.

I do hope you have a good settling in experience in this wonderful country.

Enjoy and savour those last bits! :ilikeit:

Wow, almost there! Did you pack extra toothpaste? It is really expensive here :)

Those last few days will fly by and then it is the craziness of settling in etc. No matter how well you prepare and how ready you are. You are just never ready enough or prepared enough. Kind of like having a baby. You think you got all bases covered, but there is always something that catches you off guard.

I do hope you have a good settling in experience in this wonderful country.

Enjoy and savour those last bits! :ilikeit:

Thank you! Took your advice and bought extra toothpaste. Last banking and banking arrangements also done.

Hopefully all is done now and we can relax (well we can atleast try).

Hi,

There is a thread somewhere on the forum with a homemade toothpaste recipe. And I make my own dishwashing liquid if you're interested... Lol, but hopefully you'll start to earn dollars soon and won't need it. Keep us posted, can't wait to read about your settling in!

• Like 1

Thank you! Took your advice and bought extra toothpaste.

I had a giggle at this because we totally forgot to pack soap. Poor hubby had to take a walk to the nearest shops (about 2km) on our first day here. LOL.

Remember to pack soap!

I had a giggle at this because we totally forgot to pack soap. Poor hubby had to take a walk to the nearest shops (about 2km) on our first day here. LOL.

Remember to pack soap!

Oh no, how horrible! Haha.. thanks!

What a day! We didn't know (stupid!) that you had to order the Australian dollars before the time. So thinking that we are going to buy the dollars today, we were told by so many banks and different branches that they don't have any dollars :cry:

So we started phoning around and Bidvest bank in Kolonnade centre had $600 :ilikeit: So we raced there! When we got there we needed a proof of address, which we didn't have! :angry2: So I wen't to cell c and I could get a proof of address. So finally we could buy the $600 :huh: So the rest is in our credit card and we'll use the card if we need it. (we've informed the bank that we are going over so that they don't block it). Oh and not even the banks on the airport (really!) have dollars! We even phoned them.

Anyway. Tomorrow we fly out and all is ready B)B)

Will keep you updated if and when we can!!

• Like 1

Good luck with everything Rikamarie, enjoy the flight and have a safe trip.

• Like 1

Have a safe trip. May 2014 bless you and your family abundantly.

Edited by shannonc4
  • Like 1

Good luck with everything Rikamarie, enjoy the flight and have a safe trip.

Have a safe trip. May 2014 bless you and your family abundantly.

Thank you. Nerves have really set in. Almost time to leave for the airport!

• Like 1

What a perfect way to start your new year. It is going to be such an amazing adventure for you all.

• Like 1

Baie sterkte Rika Marie! Ek dink baie aan julle good byes op die lughawe maar daar wag n wonderlike avontuur op julle. Ons beurt is oor 19 dae. En die senuwees knaag al klaar.

• Like 1

By the time you are reading my post you will be in AUS! :ilikeit:

Just a tip on using the credit card, I was told by Cash Cows not to use our credit card because when you want to financially immigrate the Reserve Bank will impose penalties.

• Like 1