Time to journal a bit

rikamarie

Just had to share this photo. My little one is helping me clean her shoes with a tooth brush!

post-17118-0-91896200-1384764786_thumb.j

Edited by rikamarie
  • Like 6

awww, that is too cute!!

She has really pretty shoes! My girls are both crazy about shoes :)

PS love that she's wearing two different shoes too! :D

• Like 1

awww, that is too cute!!

She has really pretty shoes! My girls are both crazy about shoes :)

PS love that she's wearing two different shoes too! :D

Haha.. It is excellent that you have noticed that! She is at that point where she wantsto choose which shoes and clothes to wear. She even wants to wear my shoes and clothes hehe!

Girls just love shoes and accessories don't they!

We had to order 2 more boxes from Seven Seas today because I went through her cupboard yesterday, and wow.. There is a lot of stuff that is worthwhile keeping for the next baby.

Today in one week they will be fetching our few belongings that we want to take with us.

well, I was looking at that neat green shoe in the top right and then noticed her left foot, and then my brain kicked in with, hey... one of these things is not like the other ;)

I am not a girly-girl at all... the only thing I want from a shoe is that it's comfortable. So it's funny to me to see my girls have this shoe-obsession from really really young when I definitely don't have that...

can I ask where you got the shoes with the elastic bits over the top? My 1-going-on-2 year old has really fat feet - high bridges/whatever you call it, and we are battling to find shoes that fit over her foot without being rediculously long for her feet. Those look like a good option.

Sorry the green shoes were a gift so I don't know where they were bought, but the coloured ones (yellow with flower on top) and the pink and purple ones also with the elastic, was bought at Woolworths. Otherwise I buy at Mr price with the elastic around the heel. They are R15.99!

• Like 1

Maybe pick up a few pairs in larger sizes. No way you will get the same for $1.50.

Edited by Sunnyskies
  • Like 3

So here is where we're at.

Final box is being packed tonight, then all boxes sealed, destination address put on and then moved to the front of the house for collection on Monday.

This afternoon I am giving away 3 black bags full of clothing and a box full of bottles/products. Also giving away a lot of my daughters big toys, that we can't take along. (Shame feel very emotional about this, because I know they will make other children very happy, but it is sad to give them all away, knowing how much my daughter enjoyed them and how much she loved it).

Tonight we are packing our suitcases with our clothes and everything that we want to take on the flight. My hubby also has to pack up our daughter's trampoline (very sad!) Because we also sold it.

Tomorrow the cleaning company comes to steam clean all our furniture and carpets.

On Saturday and Sunday, everyone who bought furniture from us, is fetching it, so our house should be empty by Sunday night. We are also moving in with my sister in law and her family.

Monday Seven Seas arrive to fetch our boxes.

Next weekend the new owners move into our house (ouch! We were so excited when buying this house, it really has been a great house and we will miss the big garden and lapa and everything else a lot!

I am working until 6 December and hubby until 20 December. December for us is a jumble. Staying first with sister in law no 1, then 10th-20th at sister no 2 and a weekend with friends and then back to sister no 1. In between we are visiting close friends here and there for official goodbyes as well.

So.. We still have a lot to do.. Only 41 days left in RSA!

Gosh that's a lot that is happening in 41 days... but I'm glad you will be busy still, think it helps to keep busy - before you know it you'll be at the airport :)

Good luck with everything!

• Like 1

Thanks McCabes!

So, we are officially out of the house! Our furniture is gone/sold and have new houses. 13 boxes are all that is left for Seven Seas to collect today at 13:30.

It all feels very surreal. We have moved from a 3 bedroom house into a big(ish) room in my sister in law's house. Our daughter is so happy because now she has 3 cousins to play with and not alone anymore.

2 weeks of work left for me (really can't believe it!). Hubby has 4 weeks left. 37 days and we fly!

• Like 1

This week has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Monday SevenSeas arrived to pick up our boxes. We didn't have any trouble regarding the weight of the boxes (thank goodness!). On Monday we also signed a contract for the sale of our car!

We also gave the keys to the new owners yesterday :-( Our house is no longer our house :-(

This coming Wednesday will be my last day at work. It's a rush and stressful to get everything done before then.

We are also closing some bank accounts this weekend. Tomorrow it will be 1 month until we fly!

Hubby has 3 weeks of work left. Thank goodness for him too.

It is such an intense time with so many emotional swings. All these lasts and then all the firsts...it takes a toll

• Like 1

Things are coming together quickly! Congrats on the sale of the car and the house. Its a weird feeling not to own anything.

• Like 1

FML and Toitjie.. I agree. You actually think you are ready and actually you are so unprepared. You cannot prepare for this feeling of not owning a house or a car and moving from your dream house to a room in your sister in law's house. Then saying goodbye to best and dear feiends. Saying goodbye to family (still to come!), packing the actual bags you will take to the airport etc. All I truely know is that we are doing the right thing and we are doing it together.Thanks for the support!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! My ACECQA assessment is complete and my qualification has been leveled! This is very good news with regards to finding a job.

20 days and counting until we fly! Things have been hectic here. We've said so many goodbyes and they just keep coming. Not easy whatsoever.

• Like 2

Well done Rika-Marie!!!! I'm so happy it came through and you are all systems go for landing that job now!

I'm very sorry the goodbyes are taking such a toll on you though... HUGS!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

More good news! I have a telephonic interview with Good start early learning centre on Wednesday for an early childhood teacher position :ilikeit: YAY!

19 days to go...!

• Like 2

All the best for the interview - please keep us posted!!!

Hi! The interview was quite grueling I must admit. It started with general questions and then went on to very specific questions. I could answer every question. It was 40 minutes long.

I feel very confident. The lady said she'll let me know if I get a 2nd interview. They are still conducting more interviews. 2nd interview might also be over the phone, but hopefully in person.

• Like 2

Seeing that we are still in RSA I'm going to hi-jack my wife's post for a bit.

Today is my last day at work the final count down begins.

Getting all my check ups done today which I will require for my interview with the WA police on the 20th of Jan.

departure date is around the corner with excitement growing however one thing I am really not looking forward to is the farewell at the airport.

think this will be the most difficult thing I have ever faced.

• Like 2

G'day Shane and Rika Marie, A big step, you guys have come a long way and had to face great adversity along the way. Enjoy your Christmas with your family in South Africa. A new chapter is about to start and with the positive attitude you two have, you should sail through it. All the very best!

• Like 1

G'day Shane and Rika Marie, A big step, you guys have come a long way and had to face great adversity along the way. Enjoy your Christmas with your family in South Africa. A new chapter is about to start and with the positive attitude you two have, you should sail through it. All the very best!

Thank you so much. Appreciate the support!

Last shopping done.. Hopefully! Most bags packed, only the last clothes and things to pack. Almost all friends greeted.. :-(

10 days till lift off and the next part of the journey begins :-)