What sucks about Australia?

sammyjo

Too many posts from Fish !! Put them all in one post you drongo !!!

You are just trying together to the 1000 posts mark! You drongo!,

• Like 1

You are just trying together to the 1000 posts mark! You drongo!,

What was that term I used a while back? O yes... Fish is trying to be a post w**re?

• Like 1

What was that term I used a while back? O yes... Fish is trying to be a post w**re?

I would refute this but I don't answer people in the 700's ? :yawn:

I think I have to restate my no credit for two word posts request.

• Like 2

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (too lazy to read through the 3 page post), but the roundabouts (traffic circles) here really get to me. They even have them on the highways :wacko: . I'm usually very good with directions, but here I am totally "rigtingbedonnerd". I wonder if I will ever be able to drive anywhere without the GPS :blink: . Not to mention that there are certain lanes in the roundabouts that need to be used depending on which exit you are planning to take. Thank goodness the Aussies are patient drivers otherwise I would have been flipped the bird on more than one occasion!

I also have not read through all the posts so may be repeating someone else's sentiments... Australia is just so far away from South Africa and Europe for travel. And that is where everyone important to me is. Great, it is close to Bali and Vanuatu and divine island holidays but I can get those at Moreton Island!

• Like 2

I also have not read through all the posts so may be repeating someone else's sentiments... Australia is just so far away from South Africa and Europe for travel. And that is where everyone important to me is. Great, it is close to Bali and Vanuatu and divine island holidays but I can get those at Moreton Island!

Agreed, the wife and I also prefer going to Europe... :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely the trolleys - I can't believe we just accept it! I think we should rise up!

I worry about the youth in Aus - yes, it's a wonderful place to raise children, but htere is something to be said for the kids in SA. There is very little respect for authority with Aus children. I've been shocked when kids come over and don't bother to greet me or say thanks for having them...little, I know, but a culture shock none-the-less! And how many youngsters live off the system!!!

OYBR - I used to be wary at roundabouts too - Canberra is full of them - but after living here so long I actually prefer them to traffic lights - BECAUSE at our traffic lights you can have a nanna nap - wake up - and the traffic light still hasn't changed !!

• Like 1

The scrapping of the baby bonus.

Who will pay for me to have my third child now?! :whome::P

• Like 1

You might just scrape in there if you are quick LizM.......lol.....Although I shouldn't laugh, my Uni costs are up, we will probably pay more medicare...........so what sucks about Australia is.......politicians.....I am not a fan of the red head.

• Like 3

The scrapping of the baby bonus.

Who will pay for me to have my third child now?! :whome::P

Hold on. I'll have a whip-around at work. Can we name it if we're paying for it? :P

• Like 1

You might just scrape in there if you are quick LizM.......lol.....Although I shouldn't laugh, my Uni costs are up, we will probably pay more medicare...........so what sucks about Australia is.......politicians.....I am not a fan of the red head.

Yep we land on the 6th of June. First stop? Bedroom. hahaha

Yep we land on the 6th of June. First stop? Bedroom. hahaha

Why not the mile-high club? Get a head-start as it were ...... ;)

Don't frighten any children.

• Like 1

Why not the mile-high club? Get a head-start as it were ...... ;)

Don't frighten any children.

ahahahaha.

They said today on the radio you have 9 days to get preggers to hopefully make the cut off. Don't think it matters where conceived as long as born in time in Aus.

• Like 1

Changing the baby bonus subject. Australian word pronunciation (not all people), some examples:

Word Aus pronunciation

Drawing - Drawring

Nothing - Nothink

Maroon - Mar-own ( here in Qld, please let me know if it is same in other states)

Mayor - Mare

Please add to the list

Known- Knowen

Grown- Growen

p.s Liz, only 8 days now ;)

Known- Knowen

Grown- Growen

p.s Liz, only 8 days now ;)

You got it spot on

Shortening words: a friend just bought a Thermomix and guess what - she calls it a Thermie!

Shortening words: a friend just bought a Thermomix and guess what - she calls it a Thermie!

I hate that!

Subaru = Suby

Urgh. It's your car, not your pet!

First world problems... :)

• Like 1

It's Majy and it's Nestles as in nestles in your arm, not neslay.....get with the jargon Sa2Nz2Oz :)

I read something that says that Australians shorten there words to keep their mouths open for a shorter time so the flies can't get in......I found that hysterical..........if the language progresses, we should all be able to communicate whilst minimally moving our lips sometime in the next decade

• Like 2