Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

Well they have to help us cat 5's SOMETIME? We applied when our daughter was born and she is now 5! How time flies... I am just thankful that we are still living a decent life here and are happy as we can be :) Can't wait to live at the coast though and be able to go outside and enjoy nature...

Can't believe they've put cat 5's on hold again...looks like we just made the cut. Holding thumbs for all the cat 5's still waiting.

For those of you who need some support, I heard this song this morning about when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and I thought about you:

His ways are Gods ways, not yours or mine

Even when He's four days late, He's still on time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is strange, and it was going along at such a good pace last year! Oh well. Holding on to the thought: everything happens for a reason.

I'm not a 175'er but just wanted to pop on and show a little support :hug:...you're all soldiers!

Good luck, I'm sending all my good vibes your way :ilikeit:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Any cat 5's getting visas? See the timeline got stuck on 21 May 2008...

Hi qwerty, I've almost stopped visiting the forum, even though it's permanently open in my browser ... I get sooooo frustrated just browsing through here, watching 'everybody' go, but ourselves still here. No movement on our side yet. I just change my 'waiting ...' signature monthly and then go on with life. Not that life has nothing in it ! We're quite busy with our own lives, it's when you get out on street, reading paper ads on lamp posts that you shudder inside at the thought of letting children grow up in a place like this.

There are long stories of maybe, if the newly appointed parlament will be more immigration-friendly, will the machinery pick up speed again, but it will take up to six months to be really up and running, so MAYYYYBE, we'll be hearing next year this time. Maybe, because such stories has been told numerous times the past few years. We've heard 'em all.

I did not choose the best mood in my pocket to write this post with ... sorry.

It seems like the cap has been reached from what i can read on the immi site. New year starts on 1 july. We will then be able to see how fast they move!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I noticed recently that my online application now has a link stating:

"Organise your health examinations"

Not sure what this means but could it be that DIAC are readying themselves for processing of the remaining P5 apps?

Here's hoping!!!!

• Like 2

That is great news! Click on the link and organise your medicals!

That is great news! Click on the link and organise your medicals!

Hi,

I tried that too but get:

• Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.

The agent says wait for CO to be assigned. So I guess I must still wait!

Oh No! Sorry to hear that! Hope it will be soon then!!

Hi Marconi,

When did you apply ? If you got notice as a Cat5 applicant, I guess you've applied somewhere between 2008 and 2009 ?

We applied 2010, so still a bit of a wait left, but it will be good news if the Cat 5 apps can receive some attention !

• Like 1

Hi Marconi

Please share your time line and what is your visa type.

The folk on the pomsinoz forum have also got the same note on their online application and people are starting to hope that maybe we will finally be processed.

• Like 1

Hi Celeste, maybe it's our and your time soon as well ! We've been here quite a while, haven't we ? I must say, I'd love to meet you guys some day :)

Edited by Alida
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

1. I sat the IELTS test in February 2009. The scores were (7/7/7.5/9)
  2. I Was assessed by the ACS (Australian Computer Society) as "Computing professional nec 2231-79" in March 2009.
  3. I officially applied online through an agent on the 7th of July 2009. Visa type is skilled independent subclass 175.

Then last week out of the blue I see a link on my online profile stating " Organize your health examinations". I clicked on the link but see a message saying " Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later." I then called my agent and they said don't be concerned with the link and to wait to be contacted by a CO.

I don't think it means anything, I think it's just a new feature with the online applications. see http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/releases/emedical-improves-australian-canadian-visa-processing-in-100-countries

Whatever the case one can only hope that this means they will be starting soon.

• Like 1

Here's hoping (again) that the Cat 5ers start seeing some movement. I'm tired of the fish moths eating my paperwork!

• Like 1

Yeah, Minks, you rightly says 'again'. Once again. That's why it's difficult to believe it this time ...

@ Celeste - you know what ? Hubby and I like to see things this way - yes, the wait is terrible and emotional. But we were shelved because there were no market for hubby's skillset down under at that time and that has been the case the past three years. If they would have granted us the visa, the possibility would have been there that we would not be able to find a suitable job with a suitable income, a suitable home, etc. We have three little ones, we would like to go there and settle as soon as possible, to move as little as possible. So while hubby still has a stable job and income and we are still fairly stable in our lives here, it's still good to be here. Don't want to go there struggling to afford bread with three little ones at your table !

This is our perspective on things. If hubby's job was in jeopardy here, or our safety was threatened (we live in Western Cape, a complete different scene from the rest of South Africa still, but it is catching up), it could have been a situation of dire need to go. But not yet. So we wait ... and trust God that His timing will be perfect ...

Edited by Alida
  • Like 1

Well lets hope they start processing cat 5's from July onwards. I'll definitely hold thumbs for you guys still waiting. We were SO lucky that we managed to slip through before they pulled the plug on cat 5 apps AGAIN.

• Like 1

Are you all holding your breath for the first update on the immi site to see how fast they are moving??? Wonder why it has not been updated yet. . . Usually two weeks, but no update since 1 july

• Like 1

According to our agent, their gears can turn very slowly sometimes. From when a decision has been made till the effect shows in the start of processing of the next visas, can elapse up till a few months ! Up till SIX months - :blink: . But yes, I'll admit that I peeked on the immi site yesterday night, even though I 'know' - or rather strongly suspected that there would be no change yet.

@Alida thanks for sharing your perspective. It is not dissimilar from mine. In God's time and if it is His will we will go. To be quite honest as the years have gone by it has been tempting to consider staying put in SA as there are still lots of positives here not least the excellent state schools we still have in Durban. I reckon that's possibly the biggest plus for us not having left yet - the fact that our kids are getting a good education with good old fashioned discipline and respect for adults. My only gripe about schools is pettiness over haircuts and styles.

We lodged our first application as far back as 2007 and DIAC messed us around by freezing our applications due to serious fraud by Asian applicants and the economy then turned and when we needed to sell our house to raise an investment for 5 points the property did not move and our application was capped and ceased. And that was after we had done the medicals and PCC - we just couldnt sell the house to raise the $100 000 for the five bonus points! I then went back to university at the age of 36 to study further and convert my diploma into an honours degree for more points...I even sat the IELTS again as the earlier one had expired and we reapplied in May 2010....and then DIAC messed us around again with Priority Processing. So, forgive me if every now and then I feel totally fed up and disillusioned with this immigration system which has treated us very unfairly indeed. I was 34 when we applied in August 2007 and I am now 40 heading for 41! And during all this time we have been focussing on getting PR to join my sister in Queensland.

We have also carried on with our lives though. We eventually sold the old house, almost three years ago now, and moved to a bigger, better property as we also decided that we can no longer live in limbo. We are even thinking of installing a solar panel geyser, something we have put off for many years due to the applications.

Edited by celeste