Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

Well, it was 1.75 of a 457 ..... a long story of broken promises.

Edited by OubaasDik

Looks like they're moving quite nicely now. Staying positive & hoping it continues. We applied Aug 2009, been just over 3 years now...hoping to have a case officer middle next year *holding thumbs* Now starts the "slowly getting rid of stuff" and trying not to think too much about the selling house, cars and cancelling contracts etc stuff!!! *heart palpitations*

This was so much easier when we were thinking about it BEFORE kids...now have 3 kids, two of them in school, with friends and doing soccer, ballet etc...All for good reason tho!

Hmmm, looks like a bit of a slow-down now, just looked at the allocation dates, they've done only one month in the past two weeks....

This might be some positive news from Go Matilda, posted 8 minutes ago......

The Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is starting to make inroads into the old priority category 5 skilled visa applications - Go Matilda is receiving requests for medicals, police clearance certificates, etc for applications that were lodged in 2007 and 2008.

This is great news for those who were have been waiting for a long while - they can now contemplate a move to Australia in the next few m

onths.

Perhaps this is indicative of not such good news for the Department of Immigration though - we suspect the category 5 queue is moving quite quickly because the number of applicants under SkillSelect isn't great, and the Department has a program target to hit for the year to 30 June 2013 in terms of skilled visa grants.

• Like 1

O wow, I should count my blessings, we've only applied in 2010 !

• 3 weeks later...

@qwerty - At least it's 5 days closer for those of us in the queue! ;-)

Still trying not to get too excited by the slight improvements in processing times but deep down inside I just can't help it. :-)

Maybe we'll get a surprise christmas present... Wouldn't that be awesome!?

Crossing fingers & toes!!

Yes I feel positive too. It is a bit strange that only 5 days were processed recently but I'm sure they're gonna clear the backlog as quickly as they can. Must. Remain. Positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

We are 1 June 2008 applicants and have now been assigned a case officer! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Four and a half years later but our application is finally being processed! I hope this means good news for all other Priority 5 cases who are still waiting!

Kim

• Like 5

Weeeeeeee, KimH, what a wait ! So very, very happy for you guys ! At this stage I feel so totally disconnected to moving to OZ, that I read the forum only once a week - if that much. The thougnt keep lingering and jumps to the fore when I read the disgusting paper ads on the light poles, but the reality feels really weird and distant. But it does seem as if there might be movement for us sometime next winter.

Enjoy the ride, I think us Cat 5'ers will really, really appreciate our visa's and the new life in OZ !!

• Like 1

KimH...that's great news....we are Nov 2008, so I know how it feels to be waiting soooo long. It seems they are further than they say on their site....

the wait is getting shorter :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Congrats KimH!

Oi, 1 June is 22 days away from our date...and I'm due to upgrade my cell phone contract...*back in limboland*

Guess, I just need more chocolate :whome:

• Like 1

Yay KimH! Congrats. May the last leg be event free and approved QUICKLY! :ilikeit:

We're July 2008 so holding thumbs that things go smoothly from here on and the applications continue moving along!

@qwerty - celebratory cyber drinks when we FINALLY make it to the front of the queue :P

@Minks - haha, yes cyber drinks *on the house*.

Just one more week to go before our holiday starts, so will start speculating (again) about where we are in the queue when we're back home in January :santa:

They have managed to process another month's applications i :ilikeit: n the last two weeks!! Currently at 21 May 2008

we are getting closer

I know it is crappy to wAit so long, it also took us 3 yrs to get the visa, and yes you do appreciate it ALot!!!!

Good luck to you all waiting, and hopefully they move those fingers quickly and approve those visas asap!

• Like 1

Good luck to you guys! I cannot begin to imagine how it must feel to just sit and wait. And I think it is so unfair that we applied last year and are already 2 months in Oz. I really hope and pray that with the new EOI they will be able to get Cat5 going fast, as you are the people who really, really deserve it.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Here's to hoping 2013/14 will see many of us who have been waiting so many years, finally getting a CO and then our visas.

• Like 1

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Yes, We are all hoping and confessing the same for this year!!!!

Who is moving in the Category 5 group?

:whome: Any new ones getting CO lately or having visa's approved?

Nope no news - will have to see where they are when DIAC updates the allocation page...

there was no movement the last month....hope they are well rested and working hard as the year starts!!

• Like 1